Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

When do we beat non-RPers at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

AD has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Draenor sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing giant mounts. They’re bringing OOC yells. They’re campaign griefers. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to RP guilds and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.

It’s coming from more than Draenor. It’s coming from all over Twisting Nether and Killrogg, and it’s coming probably— probably— from Defias Brotherhood. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.

3 Likes

Mythic raiding?

2 Likes

Out of interest, how would you define the “health” of a MMO server and, more specifically, a roleplay server?

1 Like

… just imagine. You queue up for random RP and get into a goldshire PUG when you finally load into the scene.

shudder

1 Like

yeah okay you got me, all mythic raiders need to come to AD right now otherwise this server is going to die

2 Likes

I know you’re being sarcastic but please don’t give them ideas.

Well, I can tell you that I found way more roleplay using ingame only means than I did Mythic raids.

2 Likes

my point remains that you’re not ever expecting or wanting to accidentally/randomly happen upon a mythic raid - it’s something you’re actively looking for/others are looking for in you

1 Like

Depends on who you ask

For Blizzard it is very obviously just revenue (which is presumably why the rules are enforced in the half-hearted way they are)

If you’re talking in terms of a roleplay server I think it’s the number / daily activity of the roleplayers that make up the roleplaying scene. If an RP server has a dead RP community but a massive OOC population, it isn’t healthy (with regards to its stated purpose, at least)

We need that 0.3% of the population right now or this server is finished …!

5 Likes

You can’t claim your own group is vital from the server it just looks like your ego is massive.

3 Likes

Nice attempt at a jab, but non-rpers are as garbage at the game as the average RPer or the general population, so they probably don’t do 15s.

Are you saying OOCers are leaving and it’s working? Nice.

I just use the LFG and CRZ feature. Very cool and useful.

AD would be smaller but 100% better in any way if Non-RPers vanished from one day to another.

5 Likes

yeah actually sounds like it’s worth it, cool idea! Thank you, Faelyda.

also I too agree with Becky

they are in that both are specifically targeted to one demographic and get stinked up by another demographic in this example.

based?

3 Likes

Every RPer was an OOCer once. I don’t think you understand how this works. As Roleplayers quit you need people to start RPing in order to make up for it. And if you just scare off everyone…

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

thanks for your input on RPers, person who RPs 1x monthly.

2 Likes

you’re right, i was once a non-roleplayer on a non-roleplaying realm

i wanted to try roleplaying so i made a character on a roleplaying realm

when you first boot up wow for the first time ever, you are not directed to a roleplaying realm - it was/is/always has been something you actively choose to enter

3 Likes

What group am I in? RPer or raider? Because I RP far, far more than I raid.

you still haven’t addressed how or why non-roleplayers are somehow absolutely integral to this realm survivng

I have explained it. Non-RPers are exposed to RP frequently, it might make them want to try it. That exposure isn’t there on non-RP realms.

Non-RPers contribute to the server’s economy and non-RP activities, which is also a benefit to RPers.

Non-RPers are the lifeblood of raiding guilds, I’ve never been in a raiding guild that was a majority role players, though some had a lot. I think Safety Dance had quite a lot of them. For RPers who also want to raid on the side, these guilds make playing on a realm like this far more attractive.

1 Like

I’m RPing as we speak.

And this RP gatekeeping doesn’t do you or the PCU any favors. For a supposedly pro RP group and newbie friendly you sure like to judge a lot.

5 Likes

can’t wait for next month’s episode, then!