Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

:exploding_head:

A gal gotta do what a gal gotta do, expose em Bloodelves. :pensive:

So to summarise what weā€™ve learned here:

Canā€™t believe thereā€™s so many renards that actually care about raiding and forget that blizz even describes what an RP server is for you before you select the server.

ā€œBut Grug think not fair people need read for play gameā€
OP, Kelduril, Athramus & Any1 else defending this odd ā€œwe need OOCers for the lifeblood of the server!ā€ are simply cvcks.

Also Vaxir has a ten incher that grows a centimetre every time they can spin something to be about how hard things are for them

This has been your thread rundown folks.

2 Likes

No attempt at a jab at all. Just a joke, I know RPers do mythic+ too, and I never bought into the misconception that RPers are bad at the game. Theyā€™re just like anyone else for that matter.

Nope, Iā€™m saying itā€™s a great way to make sure no one will ever try to RP. If people were as hostile back then, Iā€™d probably never have gotten into RP myself. The community eventually bleeds dry because no one plays WoW forever. People move on and old RPers quit, for new ones (with or without experience) to come in and take their place. Thatā€™s how a community stays healthy.

This ā€œGET OUTā€ attitude is nothing but gate keeping, itā€™ll eventually dry the pool out. Itā€™s just uninviting to anyone.

These are not substitutes for raiding with a guild, thatā€™s a completely different social experience. I too would prefer to raid in a mythic progression guild with only RPers, but thatā€™s not realistic, the pool of players is just too small for that.

RP servers do not only serve ā€˜RP mealsā€™, you can PvP and PvE on them too, and thereā€™s nothing in the rules stating you cannot. The rules do not state you have to RP either, but only to be respectful of RPers.

Itā€™s like a restaurant that serves Italian food, but also has some Spanish meals. Nothing wrong with people coming for just the Spanish meals so long as they are behaved.

Misbehaving guests should be removed.

What does this picture even mean?

You might not have need for them, but my point is that the majority of players contribute to the server in a positive way. I love role playing, but I am still a raider first. If you wanted all OOCers out, I would most likely leave too or be a lot less active in RP than I am. I am sure I am not alone in this, a lot of RPers are also in a raiding guild on this realm.

People who disrupt RP on purpose are obviously bad, no discussion. Blizzard SHOULD act harder against them. People who have offensive names should be dealt with too, but you would be surprised how often just a friendly whisper informing them of the rules can be. Most people arenā€™t out to ruin your fun, just try being nice. Most people who join my guilds with RP unfriendly names, are usually more than happy to rename themselves.

I find that ā€œRP or dieā€ extremely hostile to my role playing experience too. I always thought of role playing as an inclusive club happy to try and get people into it.

There is nothing to justify, they are justified in playing here, so long as they follow the rules.

Not per se, and take it from me that no one just rolls on a RP server ā€œjust becauseā€, they usually got a reason for coming here (joining a guild, friends, etc)

please respond

actually dont bother; itā€™s already ā€œpost wild statementā€
everyone disagrees and says why
ā€œno ur not listening!!!ā€
we are, here is where we say why we are listening and why its not accurate
ā€œlistennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnā€

its getting old

and tbh; use the ā€œyeah its an italian restaurant - BUT ALSO SERVES SPANISH FOOD SOOOOOOOā€ argument. thereā€™s only one roleplaying server per REGION that is even remotely populated. why do you people just love ordering hamburgers in a gourmet restaurant

1 Like

I really donā€™t feel your post warrants a response, but fine.

A lot of non-role players are aware of role players and their desire to put together nice sets for RP. RPers also do this of course, but thereā€™s also quite a few non-RPers who run old raids and dungeons for low level BoEs with interesting looks (not just trashy ones) and sell them on the market, for example.

Even RPers engage in PvE and PvP content, such requires flasks, potions and other consumables. Non RPers farm materials and put them on the AH, but also consumables. More supply means prices are less in flux, which benefits you too if you are a RPer who likes to engage in that type of content.

This is self evident I think. Not all RPers do PvE raids, and raiding guilds arenā€™t all the same. Some are more active than others, some have more ambitious goals than others. Thereā€™s probably not enough RPers to keep a variety of guilds going, so having non-RPers means more choices for RPers that raid.

RPers that also want to raid might be less likely to stick around or be as active on this realm if those options werenā€™t available to them.

Lastly, I think every non-RPer is a potential RPer that doesnā€™t know it yet. Iā€™ve met MANY people, and while itā€™s all anecdotal of course and we have no real statistics, I know a pretty sizable portion of people got into RP by being exposed to it on this realm. Theyā€™d never have tried it without having seen it.

Reasons for that vary:

• They just donā€™t know it exists at all.
  • They think itā€™s dorky and have no interest in trying, so seeing what it actually is changes their mind.
  • They think itā€™s too intimidating, but once seeing it feel more comfortable trying.
  • They meet a nice RPer who tells them about it and is willing to take them under their wing.
  • They find RPers to be nice and inviting individuals and are curious to find out more.

Hope you can at least see Iā€™m arguing in good faith. I am a role player, I spend most of my time RPing when I am not raiding or pushing keys with my team. This would never have happened if I hadnā€™t come here, and while you might think I do not matter, every person less makes the realm just slightly more empty.

nice

correct

3 Likes

Your tone is always incredibly aggressive and I feel youā€™re not looking to actually have a discussion. You were asking things I already answered before.

Thatā€™s fine if you want to think that, but I like to think every RPer matters on this server. Thereā€™s really not that many of us when you think about it. AD is the only populated RP server, and even then itā€™s not enough to fill a realm to capacity.

Non-RPers are a lesser evil. Having no non-RPers would also cause a diminish of people who RP, or might RP, and thus lower the amount of RPers further.

Griefers should GTFO, non-RPers arenā€™t an issue.

?

If youā€™re a RPer (or willing to get into it) then this ā€˜hostileā€™ attitude shouldnā€™t even affect you as itā€™s not directed towards you. People are welcome to AD so long as they RP, which the server is meant for. I am not sure in how many different ways this can be explainedā€¦ perhaps we should try hand gestures or binary.

Mythic raiders are already are very small <1% of the playerbase. Do you really think any serious RPers give the slightest of craps about mythic raids? I donā€™t. And pretty much every single RPer Iā€™ve interacted with doesnā€™t either. While I donā€™t mind some mythic boss kills, I really couldnā€™t give one single damn about CE.

Once again, you completely miss the point cause it seems you have the intellectual capabilties and timespan of a rock. Nobody ever said that RPers arenā€™t allowed to partake in PvP or PvE. They just need to RPā€¦ which is what the server is meant for.

In addition to in-game policies and rules, thereā€™s also a phrase on WoWpedia which states the following:

• Stay in character in /say, /yell, in emotes, or any other channel used for roleplaying.

Which basically pushes and incentivises people that have joined a RP server to actually give RP a tryā€¦ because I can see zero (0) reasons why someone would willingly join a RP server without the intention to RP. There is literally nothing to be gained. The whole ā€˜muh frendz are on AD xDDā€™ is irrelevant with CRZ.

Iā€™m pretty sure that murdering someone for being on the wrong realm isnā€™t the answer. But OOCers are welcome to join the club provided they RP, seeing as that is what the server is meant for, as explained before.

They are justified if they RP, otherwise :point_right: :door: :airplane:

As stated, completely irrelevant argument with the addition of CRZ that was introduced many expansions ago. Unless youā€™re a mythic raider, but serious mythic raiders donā€™t choose a RP realm unless theyā€™re illiterate or with the purpose to annoy RPers.

2 Likes

no it isnā€™t, up until my last two [which were teetering on the aggressive side since you failed to actually provide any valid answers to the questions beyond ā€œthey helpā€] i was, as you said, arguing in good faith

You have never joined a club or any kind of group and found the experience daunting even when people were being inviting? A club of people being hostile to anyone who isnā€™t part of their club already is not going to make someone feel like trying it.

This <1% statistic is a myth, the vast majority of PvE players are mythic raiders. The amount of people who CLEAR mythic is <1% (though this varies per tier) Loads of serious RPers care about raiding mythics in the evening. I know this cause thereā€™s always quite a few RPers in any mythic guild Iā€™ve been in. The best guild on this server, Epoch, has loads of RPers in the progression team, perhaps even 50%.

CRZ is not a good argument, that only works for pug content.

RP servers arenā€™t meant for RP, they just have extra rules to facilitate it. Nowhere does it state at any point in the rules that you MUST engage in role play.

Thatā€™s a great soundbite (except in text), love the use of emojis, but no, thereā€™s no rule demanding you engage in RP. The rules only state you musnā€™t disrupt it (like using /say for non-RP activities.)

We just have to agree to disagree on this topic then.

1 Like

??? ??? ???

I wont even bother reading the rest, jesus christ.

6 Likes

The majority of PvE focused players will eventually step into mythic at some point, thatā€™s just a fact. Heroic isnā€™t tuned very hard and the first few bosses of mythic tend to be as difficult or easier than heroic bosses. Mythic raiders arenā€™t an exclusive club of people who get cutting edge.

Quote or find me anywhere that states they are and Iā€™ll concede this. RP servers are just regular servers with a couple of extra naming rules and chat rules. There is no obligation or requirement to RP here, it just is there to facilitate it for those who want to.

In fact, you could also RP on a non-RP realm, but thereā€™s no etiquette there to facilitate it.

Surely you understand that?

Actually Iā€™ll post one more thing regarding this whole debacle.

Imagine going to an Italian restaurant to order food that isnā€™t even Italian :joy: :100:

Youā€™ve clearly never gone to a Chinese restaurant, considering the majority of them also serve Vietnamese, Indonesian and sometimes even Thai and Indian food.

The number of times Iā€™ve seen RPers break this rule is actually crazy when you consider those RPers also tend to spout about roleplay server integrity.

Roleplayers OOCing on the roof of an inn while youā€™re trying to RP in it is even more annoying than non-RPers OOCing.

1 Like

Roleplaying servers are for roleplaying focused players. PvE servers are for PvE focused players. PvP servers are for PvP focused players. If you donā€™t roleplay on a roleplaying server, then :point_right: :airplane:. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

2 Likes

Historically, most top tier PvE guilds have come from PvP servers, but PvP servers no longer exist. All servers in the game have one thing in common: they are for playing the game. Argent Dawn is no exception.

The only thing that makes RP servers unique is that they have additional rules regarding chat and names. Nothing else. Non-RPers are just as welcome on this realm as anyone else if they follow the rules. There is no rule stating you must partake, ANYWHERE.

:point_right::camping:

ps: Iā€™m a huge advocate of a ā€˜RP modeā€™, which anyone can enable on any server. This would be a phase just for people with it on, and would work across all servers, with cross-realm zones. You would be unable to do quests, queue for content, or anything while in this mode (to dissuade people from using it when not RPing.)

I feel like this would help everyone.

1 Like

i disagree

6 Likes

Why are you here then, if not to RP on an RP server?

Iā€™d say Iā€™m disappointed but Iā€™d be lying quite profusely. :point_right: :airplane: