Non-RPers don't help servers, they destroy servers

This, basically. As I said a few minutes ago, it’s one thing to put a few people spamming your chat on ignore, but it’s another thing entirely to have to try and fend off OOC players actively attempting to kill a large chunk of the people you’re roleplaying with in the middle of an RP-PvP event

5 Likes

Ah. I see. Yes, that makes sense.

I’ve never seen any purpose in RPPvP, so I didn’t consider that.

1 Like

you’re entirely correct and it makes me so sad

we used to exclusively rp-pvp for cross-guild conflicts but recently we’ve been having to do tongue pot emote fights because people will legimirately stalk where we rp and wait for us to turn pvp on

3 Likes

Never thought I’d die fighting side by side with a Gnome…

What about side by side with an oocel?

RUUUULE RP-ERS,
RP-ERS RULE THE REALM,
AD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER SHALL BE PLAIN

:muscle:

10 Likes

This is exactly it. It’s slow, and not always easy to notice, but it gets worse and worse as people begin to feel “oh, well it’s already cut can’t hurt to add another”.

I don’t understand the vehement protesting that oocers are not a problem.

I first joined one of the other servers to RP, I can’t remember which now and this is why… I met some really nice rpers on day 1 in Silvermoon. Day 2 we had mammoths on us all night. Day 3 we had an oocer constantly talking in /s and calling us names. I quit.

Luckily I eventually came back to forums and found AD. I do not want this server to get to a point where newcomers are put off before they can even begin.

7 Likes

Faelyda. I want you to take me on one of your raids please.

I won’t DPS, tank or heal. I won’t contribute anything to the raid because I am but a lowly town crier, incapable of much. But you wouldn’t have any issues with bringing a role-player to your ‘mythic’ raid runs, would you?

I mean, you wouldn’t be opposed to someone ruining the run and your fun, right? After all, I want to raid, but like I said, I am but a lowly town crier. The most I could do for your raid would be to scream out guild recruitment during the run, as well as the latest Stormwind news.

You’d love to have me, right? There would be ABSOLUTELY NO OPPOSITION TO THIS AT ALL, RIGHT!?

17 Likes

And I don’t see why more people can’t tag along to raids and not DPS, tank or heal. Why can’t they enjoy the raid’s excitement? I’m sure lots of people tagging along like that won’t ruin raids at all, nor kill any raiding guilds or communities.

… Reply hazy …

I still like you though Minions you made me start to like when Karienn posts

1 Like

Not a good argument. RP wouldn’t be any worse if there are OOCers minding their own business, not bothering RPers.

But in a limited space environment where everyone must partake for the content to go down, it is a problem.

If your presence had little to no negative impact, sure.

1 Like

I for one would love the warm atmosphere of PvE content

1 Like

Small things, but when they happen every damn day it just becomes very tiring.

Yes, they are worse off.

Good night!

1 Like

Translation: v. good argument.

is it alright if i join you in the raid and just watch? i won’t contribute and will probably be really annoying but i like the atmosphere

2 Likes

Oh I’m sorry, what was that? Was that a ‘No’?

Why? I want to raid! But you won’t let me join your raid. Let me join the raid! I shouldn’t be expected to DPS or anything. I wanna raid!

1 Like

There’s nothing in the rules saying that you have to tank, DPS or heal in a raid.

1 Like

doing damage is optional in a raid

i challenge you to an ic duel right now

I won’t even entertain this straw man argument.