Normal flying in dragonflight only 310% speed?

Was expecting this tantrum soner or later. You got your “levitate in air” flying but dragonflying was already known ahead of time that its way faster.

From one complaint/whine to another I guess. Blizzard simply can’t win. :rofl:

5 Likes

Someone should answer that phone because i bloody called it. Honestly im just surprised posts like this didnt happen yesterday.

1 Like

Oh eff off

You can chose one or other.

Greeting faced wee nyaff

7 Likes

Both types of flying cover different types of game play.

Dynamic flying is fast, but requires control and some degree of experience using it.

TBC Flying is slow, but controls are up down left right.

If you want to go faster, just get used to Dynamic Flying.

If TBC flying was 800% nobody would using Dynamic Flying.

9 Likes

it ain’t a competition.

You can freely choose whichever you want, there’s pros and cons to each of them.

If you wanna zoom, go Dynamic. If you wanna chill or need precision landing or hovering, go regular TBC flying.

4 Likes

You trade speed for control.

7 Likes

No, you are not forced. Nobody is twisting your arm to use one method of flying or another. Before the addition of pathfinder you could have claimed you are being forced to use dynamic flying, but now, you have the choice not to.
You want to get to them rares faster, I suggest you plan better, start taking into account spawning cycles so you can get there in time using lazy flying.

4 Likes

exactly, why? Because it is trash forced on us.

5 Likes

Honestly, what did you expect? You people have been complaining about dragon flying and begging for normal flying for months, and now that you got what you wanted, it isn’t good enough? Too bad. Flying has been 310% for over a decade, this cant come as a surprise. Instead of complaining, maybe be happy that you got what you wanted?

4 Likes

Maybe let’s start with this: I never wanted dynamic flying, i was very happy with normal flying, like since it was actually implemented in game?

Then, it was forced on me. Then i have actually after doing PATHFINDER achievement, actually use normal flying in Dragon Isles, which was taken from me, my gaming experience before Dragonflight.

Flying speed should be same for both flying choices. Yet if normal flying would be same speed, nobody would be using “dragonriding”, hmm why?

310 speed is way too slow.

3 Likes

Because normal flying with dragonriding speed would be borderline broken (and then dragonriding can pull the same card as you just did). Normal flying allows for pinpoint flying to a spot without missing it constantly while dragonriding or for those with motion sickness.

Or use a flying master. Or just auto fly like we always did in the past.

You underestimate my “power” to fly very very high and then just “dive” for aprox 20km.

3 Likes

Sounds like you are contradicting yourself. If Dragonriding never existed, would you still be complaining about the speed of normal flying? Classic case of “the grass is always greener on the other side”
Did you remember to concider the benefits of normal flying, that dragonriding dont have?

4 Likes

Yet I use both. Curious isnt it?

3 Likes

damn this community really is insufferable

9 Likes

It’s far more enjoyable to use Dynamic Flying, because it’s more challenging than TBC flying.

But I like that I’m not forced to TBC fly anymore. I would feel forced to TBC fly if it were the same speed because it would be more simple to use.

Personally, I think the balance currently in game is right. If anything ,they should keep Pathfinder for TBC flying imo.

It was also taken from you in WoD, Legion, BFA and Shadowlands, and then added back in the second major patch. The only difference is that in those expansion we were all grounded, in DF we had a alternate flying option.

2 Likes

But you would much rather get to your destination faster than enjoy normal flying, right?!

2 Likes

It’s not unfair cos you can use 900%

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point bud, they’ve put ‘traditional flying’ back into the game to help those who struggle with the new ‘dynamic system’.

The game going forward will be based around dynamic flying but they have compromised to help the minority of players by re-introducing ‘traditional flying’.

If they were to increase ‘traditional flying’ speed to 800% as you suggest it would make dynamic flying redundant as everyone will take the easier option.

I am happy with the system now, ‘traditional flying’ is there for those who need it (It has its benefits as well for me when treasure hunting and needing to land on small branches etc). Then there is the dynamic system that rewards you with greater speed for the extra effort put into using it.

5 Likes

Maybe 600/700 as a compromise for people who can’t or won’t use dynamic which is what 900 now?

1 Like