Not a single class is appealing - is it time?

So I had the same problems as you with my beloved warrior, but the new talents have something interesting in them.

Apparently Enrage got split up into 2 talents which either give you haste or damage (Powerful Enrage OR Frenzied Enrage).

And apparently, the “meta” for M+ is the Powerful Enrage one. Reducing the APM of fury by a significant amount from what I tested.

But I might be wrong. So Warriors of the forum, correct me if im wrong here.

Sounds like you are not enjoying it so yes its time to quit. Why would you play something that you no longer like?

2 Likes

Did you know, that you can play all classes on one character in critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV that has a free trial, and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the award-winning Heavensward expansion AND the Stormblood expansion up to level 70 with no restrictions on playtime?

Dont forget female lolis, anthropomorphic cat-people, and androgynous males.

So appealing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s wrong with these two?

Girls with cat ears + androgynous males == eastern art styles. And eastern “beauty standards” if you will.

Nothing against it. Its just that they look ugly. Very ugly… :slight_smile:

Also wow takes a lot of its mythos from Tolkien folklore. Which in turn is based on European mythos (elves, dwarfs, orcs, ect…). So in my personal case there is a cultural attachment to them.

Even the buildings in the game look familiar.

Eastern esthetics are based on their culture and mythos. Which I find no relation to.

Its my personal opinion atleast.

2 Likes

I have an issue somewhat similar to OP’s though not for the same reasons. Rotations or button bloat don’t bother me. The new talents do.

It’s all boring, samey, vision less. Lack of new animations, etc. Some classes desperately need some visual updates. Some need a dev who’ll actually figure out what sort of identity they’re going for (rogue). There’s only a few classes that actually had some care put into them for TWW. But if you don’t feel like playing those for whatever reason, you’re out of luck…

Obviously Paladin is the devs’ favorite child and gets every new shiny toy. Also obviously everyone and their mother is playing ret. Too bad I’m just not into that.

In terms of combat rotation, Ret Paladin using the auto attack build (Crusading Strikes talent) is probably the least demanding on your fingers, there is some slight downtime occasionally where you just wait for auto attacks to generate holy power.

Might be worth a try if you don’t mind the class fantasy.

Just take a break for a month til the next Expansion comes out.

It sounds to me your problem is playing too much WoW, not enough playing other games.

Glad we got it tbh. They removed Death Chakram so at least there’s something to take it’s place. Plus, it hits super hard. It’s not the worst skill ever, just the 3 second delay makes it lose that feeling of impact.

It’s nice to see someone appreciate what playing BM to a high standard is like though since most consider it the “casual’s” spec. Yeh, it’s easy to play it mid-level so it’s popular with casuals but to really push it’s DPS to the max you have to be quite a good player and you can try to keep it up whilst moving constantly at the same time for an extra show of skill.

That’s the sad part of it…I didn’t play wow for month, just some Roleplay on the side.
I played some remix and waited for the prepatch to try out new classes.
I have yet to have any class feel any different then the last 2 expansions or have any appealing identity.
Maybe the hero talents help but the feedback I heard is that its just another button to press, even the same button you already press at some classes but a bit stronger now.

I will try out that addon, I also will try out some casters since they tend to be a bit on the slower side compared to melee and hunter.

Then perhaps it’s the opposite of what you perceive as problem? You not playing WoW in non-RP content regularly recently and therefore the required inputs per minute feel “too much”?

It’s like a fatigue, but instead of feeling it for doing it too much, you feel it for doing it too little. Like with sports when you don’t do them usually.

I was also thinking about that. But I don’t have the time to play WoW on a daylie basis.

Would you keep eating at an restaurant were the food tasted bad?
Or go back to a film that was so boring that you fallen asleep while watching it?

Is it my job to invest time, money and energy into wow so it might be fun in the future?
Or is this a design problem on parts of WoW?
Nothing against investing into games but I mean I played WoW near nonstop since the patch (I have vacation) since the patch dropped and still not feeling it outside of RP.

I kind of see where you’re coming from. For me it’s that there are so many classes to pick from that it’s difficult to decide which one is the one for me. I find it a bit difficult to enjoy any one class for a longer time, so I just keep switching classes all the time.

Which is why I like that they seem to be going towards a more alt-friendly path because then I don’t have to worry as much about having to complete the same stuff on all of my characters, but can freely switch between any character and just continue where I left it on my previous character. We’re not quite there yet, but I feel like these changes are bringing us closer to that.

Well, I do. I specifically play only 3 classes, only 1 regular/daily.

Daily:

• Paladin

Sometimes:

• Warrior
  • Death Knight

I don’t play literally anything else. And it never gets boring really for me.

So I don’t think the game is at fault here.

Horde got way better races than alliance.

I read that as a lie!

huffs in Draenei

i tried it 3 times but its not my cup of tea. Or im too old to change. My only change from wow are single player games but other mmorpg? nahhh

If Albion Online had fresh servers I’d revisit that game again.

I really enjoyed that to be honest, compared to other MMOs out there.

Literally :joy:fury’s simple when you know what your doing build rage hit rampage rinse repeat.