Not all Roleplay is valid

Im not about to make digs at him myself or agree to digs made at him, Ive always got on along with him personally on my interactions here even if we didnt agree at times, and I think alot of people use snippets either for comedy/banter(like just now in Zaphius’s case) or in more weirder scenarios, live n let live, lets all get along.

1 Like

I’m not allowed to have my own armour so my dad forced me to use his armour. My dad fights for the horde too and uses the same armour. today my brother used my dads armour and acted dishonourably and now i have been banned from Orgrimmar. It’s true and here is proof, my father will now write too:

Hello I’m the father and what my daughter says is true, she did not cheat, it was her brother in my armour. Please unban her horde

sincerely the father

Pls unban

3 Likes

Yeah, the last post I made was very serious and you should take that at face-value.

P.S. Irony may have been applied in both posts.

It’s sad that this happened under my very eyes quite a few times.

Although a forewarning should be pointed out that taking this to its extreme also causes a lot of problems and is often used as an excuse to insert things that do not fit the setting, but we aren’t explicitly told it can’t be.

2 Likes

I missed this comment but yeah, agreed, you cant just be saving the world and be wealthy/landed/extremely busy ect while only being a bar staff, you have to make time for all these things, I personally like to spend a week killing Horde champions/Scourge Lords/Pitlords of the Legion and then finish off getting minimum wage working the weekend at the Pig and Whistle, all on one character of course.

Agreed, but my post is also in warning of venturing too far into the opposite end where everything not explicitly mentioned is considered forbidden. There’s extremes on both sides to avoid.

2 Likes

Good RP fills gaps in the lore with logic and reason.

Bad RP fills gaps in the lore with self-bias and opportunism.

14 Likes

Absolutely. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Looks at the witcher witchblade RPers

1 Like

The problem with “human”-RP is that it’s not high fantasy-based. Just go around and look at the profiles in Stormwind and Darkshire. It’s a GoT/Witcher-setting for most and they act irritated the moment they see something different than the essential low fantasy race.

As an example, I RPed with this character in Darkshire, out of curiosity, a few days ago and came across a well organized RP-group if I want to believe their AArchives profile. What do you think happened? The leading character twitched for a moment as he saw a Pandaren sitting in the tavern, like, in the most “how is this even possible”-terms of awareness.

The essence of WoW-fantasy is a mish-mash out of many other sources but overall it’s classic tolkien fantasy subverted and mixed with other alternative popular race concepts and ideas, either copied from somewhere else or based on cultures. But for most people the fun ends with “humans” and they do not embrace the “high” in high fantasy.

1 Like

The only arctic races that exist are arctic tauren ( the taunka) and arctic dwarves ( the Frostborn). That is all.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that high fantasy only means the story takes place in a fictional fantasy setting. Low fantasy means the setting takes place in our setting, but with fantastical elements.

Both Game of Thrones and Witcher are high fantasy. Harry Potter and Percy Jackson are low fantasy. The terms have nothing to do with the amount of magic used.

12 Likes

There are in Dalaran?

Im afraid that the constant (de)evolution of language is disagreeing with you

If there’s 1 place where i get it, it’s duskwood. It’s identity of a forgotten poorly equipped and undermanned backwater desperately holding off forces of darkness without any support from stormwind is great!

It is also however under constant siege by people RPing 500 military units, 7 goku recolours, a druidic empire and half of Acherus in there.

If there’s one place where I can understand high fantasy boiling someone’s blood, it’s Duskwood. (Though, it being at the mere sight of a pandaren is a touch silly)

Don’t forget Warhammer setting as well.

I try every day

2 Likes

Sorry I keep bringing it up, forgive me.

Also I will allow myself this hot take:

Book Game of Thrones is higher fantasy than Lord of the Rings if you go by the definition of low fantasy = no magic and high fantasy = many magic

7 Likes

The haggard mid-40s man returns from putting down reanimated corpses in the spooky forest where it is always night that is 0.5 meters away from a lush jungle. He spies a portly bear-man in his township and decides that is where he draws the line.

2 Likes

Like Obilot was saying, it’s just a Worf effect. Arygos getting one-shotted by an unenchanted sword by Jimmy Human the normal guyTM is silly.

Dragons aren’t anything to mess with, this is shown in lore. “Day of the Dragon” (2001) mentions that they have; excellent hearing, eyesight, smell & night vision. “Scales of the Arcane” (Legion Quest) has a leatherworking trainer say dragon scale is the strongest thing she’s ever worked with.