Not all Roleplay is valid

Well, maybe debate is a bad choice of word, but my point was like “lets not get into slavery here”.

1 Like

This thread was never meant to discuss the intricacies of real life racism, only racial stereotypes being applied to in-game characters when Azeroth just doesn’t work the same way.

Please get back on topic and stop derailing this thread.

10 Likes

Then don’t go on a virtue crusade against racism, if it’s not about racism lol

I was also more poking fun at the fact you’re promoting a community simultaneously whilst saying you can’t do this, ignoring that this community had to get a bot to censor the n word, again more comedic effect

And stop feeding the troll.

1 Like

I’ve seen some (albeit very little) pandaren RPers sadly do some real-world racial stereotypings by having their character speak in broken “Engrish” and the like. Thankfully I believe this is relatively uncommon, but it has happened.

Worgen are perfect for the real-world stereotyping arguement. They live in Victorian-era England, they speak in Cockney Rhyming slang, and worse of all? They were depicted as having awful, low-polygon, jagged triangular teeth prior to the update.

As an Englishman I’m offended by how accurate to life the worgen were/are.

(That pandaren thing did happen though sadly)

Yes I’m going to roast you

I’ve never seen a Pandaren like that but damn, that gets a single big yike from me.

6 Likes

Wdym Cockney rhyming slang? If Gilnean RPers have taught me anything, it’s that they’re lucky to get a sentence out.
“a’’’‘t’’‘y’’’’’’’’‘g’’’’’’’‘j’’’’’‘t’‘e’’’’’’‘q’’'d”

As an also Englishman it makes me limp and feeble

1 Like

So RPers don’t really do this (thank goodness) but there is a Gilnean NPC who does! Liuetenant “Foxy” Topper in Vash’jir.

Lieutenant "Foxy" Topper yells: Hexascrub, you elekk's trunk? You haven't got a pot of glue!
Hexascrub, you drunk? You haven’t got a clue!
Lieutenant "Foxy" Topper yells: This is marbles and conkers!
This is bonkers!
You ask me, I think we let the soup a gravy take care of this ready and write. It's bird and lime to kick and prance ourselves out of here before we're all brown bread. Catch my meaning love?
You ask me, I think we let the navy take care of this (fight?). It’s time to (dance?) ourselves out of here before we’re all dead. Catch my meaning love?

Really it’s just included as a fun little easter egg but I personally appreciated it.

2 Likes

Y’all ain’t got yak shoot on born ‘n’ bred Valleypaws, sugarcube. Heavens to betsy, our accent puts all ‘o’ y’all’s to shame.

3 Likes

Oh good heavens.

2 Likes

Still waiting for the day someone RP’s with a Finnish accent.

“Ai sh-itt onn da tjairr”

2 Likes

Yes one inspiration for my Valleypaw mercenary was Applejack.

2 Likes

Unironically based inspiration.

1 Like

Sigg was? I thought it was Galford.

1 Like

idk. Humans all look the same D:<

fyi the only black humans with an established background all hail from a family native to stromgarde, so stromic = black in wow canon

3 Likes

Makasa is more fleshed out as a character than Danath, who is simply the literal definition of an NPC in his own story

2 Likes

Danath? Of the Trollbane family, you mean? Famously the former leaders of the Alteraci?

I wish more Stromic RPers would remember that.

1 Like

I am Valley of the Four Windsian.

3 Likes