Not all Roleplay is valid

I mean retcons do happen, but I agree that it’s an odd thing to alter at this point. Not that it really impacts RP all that much; your character having an uncommon shade of hair is hardly a problem. I myself have a Blood Elf alt with dark hair.

It sort of reminds me of how blonde hair is rare among Night Elves. Or used to be, not sure if that was retconned along the way. Dath’Remar Sunstrider was (I think) mentioned to stand out among his Kaldorei peers during the War of the Ancients due to being a blonde.

3 Likes

And worgen with tails, yes. There´s zero care for continuity or logic when it comes to Golden.

1 Like

That is isn’t - never mind.

She snuck that into the novel in high hopes. No way that was an accident, she is not exactly my favourite author or person in the world.

You referring to me Vax? If so, care to elaborate?

I still have trauma from that.

I do love Warhammer yes. :sunglasses:

So does poor Greymane. From tailless to tailed back to no tail.

Golden giveth and Golden snippeth.

1 Like

I never want to see worgen tail -ever-.

I too love Warhammer, however, it isbest not derail this thread. I do have my own thing to say, but I am a little busy so if this thread is still here by the weekend I shall chip in.

noooo these magical werewolves can’t have tails, it’s illogical

1 Like

Yeah I get the continuity argument, but it was corrected fairly quickly as far as I recall. The rest is down to personal preference.

Oh dear.

I know very little about the franchise either way, what I like are long, big hammers like you’ve seen me using them on my Paladin. :sunglasses:

1 Like

She confused you with Galford some how.

1 Like

Ah right, easy mistake, given our names and characters are so insanely similar ect.

Despite the fact you don’t, it appears to be the case.

1 Like

Something something. No grounds for humans to go at each other over skin colour or so on in WoW especially.

It’s like how many liked to think the Wastewanders were -native- to Uldum/Tanaris. Or just base them off of Middle Eastern slavers because THATS something that was done for Rp with no grounds. Sure names can be used, Blizz themselves do. But there isn’t anything backing up the rest. Only example being humans vs orcs. Not exactly Human vs human.

Yada yada, racial quips and crap for the sake of headcanon is frankly a red flag.

Anyone who roleplays prejudice towards skin-colour and racist remarks towards dark-skinned humans(and elves) is not only 100% a terrible roleplayer but an actual basement dweller.

11 Likes

the problem is my character’s family are known for their black hair, similar to how the windrunner’s family are known for their blonde hair.

its just a trait i created for them which Golden pretty much ruined with her book. She didnt think how damaging this would be for black haired folks?

anyway, i wont change anything. Anizah’s family will remain black heads and anyway about 60% of them died in the war.

and if i get any “change your hair” comment ingame again, i will refer to them to my friend Rommath. :smiling_imp:

I mean the option is clearly there in the character creation screen, so they can quite frankly go kiss an Amani witch doctor.

2 Likes

I love

Overwatch

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/539683.jpg

Also you forgot to mention the worst of the -ians/-onians, the backyardigans.

You’re an elf, a kind of elf known for using magic for things such as vanity, you dont have to explain stuff, its a magical word where you can and i’ll say it again alter your appearance through magic and alchemy alike.

^
Keti and their merry band of weirdos were allowed to flourish in an environment that didn’t call them out on their idiocy. Orgrimmar died for it because people would simply rather just go to RP somewhere else.

That guild only got attention and call-outs because they started threatening people on Twitter and making threads on these forums. If not for that then I’m almost certain they’d be even worse by now.

8 Likes