Not all Roleplay is valid

well that’s not a very nice thing to say about me =(

Ironforge is so beautiful. Everytime i visit i get lost and discover something new places. Also very fun during Christmas time.

1 Like

Too many races with pointy ears. But only elves have freakish eyebrows!

You have freakish eyebrows >:(

It’s like, a whole thing.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ViolentGlaswegian

1 Like

I’ve been feeling this way for a while, thank you for the TED talk and expressing it so clearly. I used to be a big Argent Archives fan but during the last year or so I’ve dwindled away from browsing on there - it’s full of admittedly gorgeous art, but many character concepts that just feel ripped from another franchise altogether.

1 Like

The Wildhammer knowledge goes bit further than this. The Revantusk tried to stop this new alliance during Cataclysm by slaughtering Alliance High Elves (quest). The Wildhammer are very well aware of the situation and actually worked towards having an alliance with the Quel’dorei:

The Wildhammer be striking up deals with our enemies, forgin’ new alliances. This time, they be workin’ with the high elves, mon.

I fully understand sometimes a group are Rping somewhere on a scripted/DM plot, and may even be using a zone as somewhere else entirely because sometimes that is needed and I have no issue if they whisper to just state that and I am happy to try to not getting in there way. What I always found odd was in places like Stormwind someone does something in a very open area and yet if you react to it you get ignored or told to go away because they don’t know you.

I always kind of enjoyed RPing and reacting to my surroundings and events happening around my character, but all too often you find you get fully blanked.

I mean the Dirge do a lot of events and I like to think we are always approachable to random people showing up and reacting and joining in, there are certainly situations where we are using a location as somewhere else which makes that difficult in which case we would say so. But generally if someone encounters us we are more than happy to invite them into our raid group so they can follow the event along and join in, be that if we are in a fight with Horde or just doing our own thing. And to me that makes for a more rounded and richer RP experience for everyone.

2 Likes

Worry not, I’m still here to combat the stereotype!

I had the same , but then a year ago or so. The guild was called the Sons of Thaurissan, and I was in it on my Dark Iron for a while, but, alas, the GM too felt he could not properly run the guild.

I do think a proper, full-on Dark Iron guild could be fun, having them wrestle between triying to fit in with the Alliance and their older heritage of hating the other dwarves and their enslavement to Ragnaros, their crueler nature.

Tolkien imagined Middle-Earth to have been our world “at a different stage of imagination,” which actually makes it low-fantasy

1 Like

The Wildhammer Clan of Aerie Peak have been close to the high elves for centuries, their alliance isn’t exactly new. To the perspective of the Revantusk, maybe, but not in actuality.

However. The Wildhammer Clan itself was only re-united in Cata. The Northeon Wildhammers in the Twilight Highlands did not owe fealty to the High Thane of Aerie Peak.

2 Likes

Didn’t the Wildhammer dwarves in Kalimdor chose to chill with the night elves too, instead of the gnomes and bronzebeards of Bael Modan? Or was that RPG?

Also, I wonder what the Dark Iron and Wildhammers think of gnomes?

There are/were gnomes in Shadowforge, so they get a long.
Most prominent being a leper with a demon mind you.

Yeah, but were they, like, slaves or something?

I always assumed they were gnomes that lived with the Dark Iron Clan, or aligned with them during the War of Three Hammers, but we don’t actually know what, if any, role gnomes had during the war, if there was a colony within Shadowforge etc and I don’t think they’ve been reffered to in modern day Dark Iron lore, or the Shadowforge visitable by Dark Iron players.

I just wanna know more about the relation of gnomes with the other dwarf clans :sweat_smile:

I doubt the Dark Iron Clan had much/any positive influence with the gnomes as we know them. The Dark Iron had an abundance of slaves toiling for them in the depths of Blackrock, miserable and cruel work. If you weren’t under the direct influence of the Clan, or otherwise a minion of Ragnaros as much as themselves, it is highly likely you’d be a slave of the slaves.

The Dark Iron aswell had a presence within Gnomeregan amongst the lepers, before the operation. So the relations you seek to know more of, were likely dirt poor and Mekkatorque had “At War” ticked in his reputation menu before they became allies of the Alliance.

1 Like

One thing I fondly remember of the Dark Irons from vanilla was the fact that sometimes even Bronzebeards ended up joining Ragnaros for whatever reason. The quest got horribly shortened in Cata, but I still fondly remember the one where the dwarf got his own archaeology-team killed, then made the player and his own -brother- believe he was dead, only to turn out having been the traitor all along, forcefully turned by Ragnaros.

They care not for the walls of Theramore and found nothing stopping them from simply launching into the air and traveling north, avoiding the considerable obstacles, beasts and Horde members on the ground.
To their credit, before they left, they met with the night elf and Ironforge dwarf delegations in Theramore. The Ironforge dwarves had already started excavating Bael Modan, and the Wildhammer dwarves wanted to know if it would be suitable for settlement. The Ironforge dwarves thought not, as the Wildhammer preferred colder climates and Bael Modan was baked by the sun.
The night elves agreed to allow the Wildhammer dwarves into their southern mountain peaks, and the Wildhammer dwarves report to the night elves anything out of the ordinary they see from their vantage point. Most think that dwarves and elves working so well together would be the first odd thing the Wildhammer dwarves would report.

RPG lore had Wildhammers living in Ashenvale instead of Theramore or Bael Modan, but it carried a lot of elements of the animosity between elves and dwarves in LotR and Warhammer.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/0/0b/RPG_-_Theramore_racism_by_Satyr.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20180626204052

We don’t know. Wildhammers probably thought them a bit weird and Dark Irons probably loathed them for their close connection to their hated kin in Ironforge.

I think all of the gnomes we have seen in Shadowforge were leper gnomes, but they weren’t slaves from what we can tell. There’s a lot of them working on making golems and the Dark Irons maintained diplomatic relations with the leper gnomes in Gnomeregan.

One of the nicer aspects of RPG lore in this context is the amount of lore we get on inter-dwarven relations prior to, during and after the War of the Three Hammers. You had dwarves from every clan fighting on either side because of how close-knit and connected people from different clans were to one another due to marriages and whatnot.

1 Like

How do you all forget the gnome warlock who … ahem… “lends” out his succubus to the Grim Guzzler?

1 Like

Ahem…

1 Like

He is the obvious, named and known exception. I’m talking generic NPCs.

1 Like