Not all Roleplay is valid

I stand corrected on both accounts!

Alannyse is probably never wrong when it comes to lore, I dont recall a time when thats been the case, best to just agree Desartin and assume you are wrong.

Last night, a bunch of RPers got to encounter:

• A Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpent disguised as a high elf.
  • An ‘ethereal’ who transformed into a hulking void demon form
  • A ‘wolf pack’ that seemed to take no damage and drain all life from the area

And a couple of other weird and whacky things.
Not all roleplay is valid. Some of this stuff was extremely bizarre and off putting to see.

10 Likes

…I do not like this sentence.

All roleplay is Valid, if it does not break the the blizzard terms and conditions (and law).

it can be stupid, odd, weird and lore breaking. As long as it does not break the above.

Just because you find it odd, does not make it abhorrent.

1 Like

I mean, if its entirely out of what the lore states is cool or just bizarre/outlandish/op af ect, its kinda not valid.

So you’re saying not all roleplay is valid?

8 Likes

There is not a single argument that you can present to me that will ever justify RPing a half-elf, half worgen 16 year old archmage commander of the 7th Legion.

Not all RP is valid.

1 Like

It can be Lore breaking

Lore is integral, sure you can sorta bend it IF the concept makes sense on a reasonable level, but no, if it’s massively breaking the lore then it’s really not something to be valid in RP.

That deffo feels like a semi ish “gotchya” moment.

ohhh— you’re arguing about niche concepts down to the seventeenth thousandth percentile –

Wow

Like sure, there are many concepts that work. But it also relies on sensibility.

E.g. A K’thir RPing in the middle of Stormwind and acting like your average joe who is there for a chat + a drink isn’t right, but a K’thir rping in Stormsong Valley would make perfect sense.

3 Likes

Okay. How about ’ A Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpent disguised as a high elf.’?

Go on Wowzer.

1 Like

Or a wereyeti that talks like a Dwarf.

I draw the line with worgen child RPer.

No no, they are a half-elf, half-worgen. Get it right! Original OC, don’t steal.

Hruroth, imagine you and your dwarf buddies stroll into ironforge, and you come across a dwarf dragon flying around as a cloud serpent, and then other examples that was given ect, you honestly saying you n your chums are gunna interact with them ICly?

Guess I can’t steal.

Niche concepts can be GOOD, as long as they make sense.
There’s a limit to concepts before it just becomes purely outlandish, and just because it’s not yet been done, doesn’t mean it HAS to be done, some things are best left untouched.

2 Likes

Yeah you can be “unique” to an extent without being ridiculous

1 Like

Ten thousand hundredth umpteenth percentile.

These arguments, this whole thread. A waisted effort by all involved. All.

You can all do better with your time. Roleplay is messed up too much because we spend too much time criticizing and attacking rather than engaging and interacting. Sorry, but, as far as I see, this is a wasted thread.

1 Like