Not all Roleplay is valid

Basics? Hmm… This is the World of Warcraft. Not Game of Thrones. Not Dark Souls. Not Darkest Dungeon. Not Warhammer.

I suppose that’s a good place to start…? If only one part of it.

1 Like

Would be a Nightborne then, the real Highborn-ones? :melting_face:

I would generally add having a local character on AD, Listener/Snooper, Total RP3 Extended. For a new player this might come somewhat surprising. And then, Kong, so we can configure everything on hover-basis, otherwise we’ll come close to the raider hud meme pic.

Yeah, basics like this. Darnassus didn’t even exist until after the Third War.

2 Likes

Some basics aren’t that hard to settle. Your 25,000 year-old draenei was not born on the Exodar, your actual argusborn is not an eredar and would never try to reclaim the name.

I could go on but I’d turn this into another peeve thread with my elitist negativity and expectations.

4 Likes

Unless you had a nasty run-in with the Infinite Dragonflight, anyway…

Gotta get back… back to the past…

1 Like

We did the whole timeline thing and that was enough of a headache already

Long ago in a distant land, I, Murozond, the corrupted Aspect of Time, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish Night Elven Druid wielding a magic staff stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the past, where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the future, and something something…

4 Likes

… and undo the past that is Murozond!

Ah, press X to doubt! This sounds like a great concept, actually. A Draenei shunned by their contemporary society because of their views on the whole thing.

I am Eredar, I always have been. And they who have tainted the name will perish. I swear it a thousand times; I swear it on the broken soil of Argus and the very dark between the stars. We will see home again.

And the other Draenei declare him a lunatic, traitor, and a nerd. Now he’s a 25000 year old homeless goatman, plotting to destroy the usurpers and reclaim his heritage. But he doesn’t abandon his brethren, only a coward would do that. He lurks nearby, always nearby, helping where he can while they thrill their children with stories of the Madhoof in the Mountain.

I wouldn’t ignore that kind of RP!

Sounds like a new Gloryhammer album.

Like an englishman calling himself anglo-saxon and everyone who disagrees is a niđing.

2 Likes

I’d give that Englishman a pass if he actually did live during the Anglo-Saxon times. If anyone has a right to call themselves Anglo-Saxon, it’d be that bloke. Even someone with Norman blood can’t argue with that.

4 Likes

A two thousand year old Englishman, sure. I mean, imagine being virtually immortal, always having lived under a single identity that you really vibe with, and then you have to take up what you consider to be a derogatory monicker just because everyone else did. Not to say he has to rub their noses in it - but if anyone should ask?

1 Like

It’s actually paraphrasing the opening intro of Samurai Jack, about, you guessed it, a samurai that was flung forward thousands years into the future while trying to get back to his own time. In the meantime the evil overlord Aku continually tries to destroy him/just troll him. Honestly it’s a nice blend of action and sometimes comedy.

2 Likes

They’ve lived under the Draenei identity for a lot longer than they ever did as Eredar.

2 Likes

Eredar has also meant (and means) evil demon to the draenei and most of the rest of intelligent life.

4 Likes

Wasn’t that Man’ari?

3 Likes

That’s literally me irl hello

4 Likes

Both fit arguably.
They stopped calling themselves eredar because of the negatives associated with the word.

5 Likes