Not even 2 million subs, people leaving in masses

No, Blizzard won’t show us the accurate numbers, and they have done a pretty good job of making them hard to estimate from available data. The late lamented Realmpop and WarcraftRealms used to do a credible job of showing the information they intended to show, but Blizzard put an end to them both.

We still have Wowprogress, RaiderIo, Wowhead, Wowanalytica, Wowrealmpopulation, and now Wowranks, all of whom keep some measure of some sample of characters or accounts, none of whom purport to measure players, and I have no doubt they all make some effort to keep various aspects of their numbers up to date and accurate.

But the responsibility for extrapolating from those numbers is on the people doing the extrapolation to create content, especially when they are doing it professionally. It’s one thing for us here on the forums shooting the breeze about numbers to fail to take these factors into account, but nobody here is getting paid from tens of thousands of clicks to make bad guesses! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yes we can only guess but there is alot of indication to discuss just scramble the topics and the current data we have (lack of data) is not good for blizzard and i cant really see how they gonna turn things arround and i dont think the upper management even want to turn things arround

all these number effect the game you play and we can see it clearly in shadowlands how the companys state has effected gameplay itself

They have long term goals though. We know there’s a 2nd film in the works, that alone could bring in a huge amount of players if done right. And 2 mobile games in the works, which will generate them even more revenue off one IP.

I doubt many people, especially blizzard, would expect player numbers to increase year on year.A 15 year old game is going to lose players year on year, it’s just the way it is. It’s only in very rare occasions older games grow in player numbers, and it’s not usually for long.

2 Likes

activison making money for sure, but we slowly coming to a point from activision standpoint, is this specificate product worth any more investment, and for every months that passes with current state of game i’d say we getting close to no sooner then remaining players might think

that they are ignoring feedback at this point and not responding to current situation.

If they didnt care about 4 millions players and they leaving, how much you think they will care about 500.00 - 1 000 000 players, the game will be a train wreck

Gonna have to ask you to link a source for that, because the Warcraft movie underperformed and was a box office disappointment. I haven’t heard or read anything about another movie coming.

4 Likes

Google tells me there are rumours, but there are always rumours. Last June, Duncan Jones said:

Nah. I had a thing in my head I thought was worth pursuing, but it didn’t come to pass. Still think the plan was a good one, but the US box office numbers didn’t support it.

1 Like

What makes this one good?

1 Like

“well lets make a new prdouct to milk out some cash but dont make it good” is their new mantra

1 Like

Stops level 1 bots and alts making groups for boosting, selling and advertising.

2 Likes

I didn’t really see a difference in the amount of boost ads in lfg. Would never figure out this is a thing if you hadn’t told me.

There’s always going to be plenty of ads and boosts in the LFG, but putting them at level 60 filters at least some of them out.

Really? I looked out for it when I heard about the change. It seems to me to have gone from an average of about 20 (Horde-side - even the boosters have deserted Alliance) down to 3 or 4.

the spamming is terrible, u cant even have trade chatt activated on servers like kazzak, unless u have a addon that blocks the spam

3 Likes

True.

Group Finder is different from /Trade, though. Boosting is still allowed to be advertised in /Trade.

The trick is to not be in the trade channel at all. If you want to sell stuff, use the AH.

its about 40 accounts is my guess, spamming trade 24/7 at any given point on kazzak, that blizzard cant trace this account to gold selling for real money is something really fishy or they just happy they got another subb…

while we actually talking statistics, it would be fun to find out how many bots accounts and trade spamm accounts there is, i’d guess atleast 30% of current subs

The reason why the game is not changing is that despite a declining player base, the game is still making Blizzard money. Remember those 2 million players are still subbing month after month. Some in the group are buying tokens, and buying things off of the in game store. The game wont change until its completely unprofitable.

yeah but we are getting closer and closer for every month that goes now

They will just pop another mount in the store or even a mog. I am waiting for them to roll out hard to obtain mounts, pets, achievements, mogs, toys ,etc in the store or items that are no longer in game in the store as well. They have a treasure trove of items they can make money off of.

the thing is activision gets money from other games, activision blizzard department makes least money in the activision company

1 Like