Not voiced cinematics

Is it an error, that the cinematics in the newest part of the campaign aren’t voiced?

3 Likes

Same issue here, sound and music audio plays but not dialogue. Also, after playing any cutscene, all further dialogue audio (NPC interaction) is muted until the game is restarted. Lots of people here with the same issue, also checked the US forums and Reddit. Disabling the addons, deleting WTF and cache folders as well as scanning and repairing did nothing. It’s a bug.

Unfortunately it’s game breaking, literally. :sob: I’ve stopped playing the campaign on all characters until it’s fixed, completely destroys the experience.

EDIT: It’s acknowledged. Give it a few days, it’s getting fixed. I suggest avoiding the campaign until then.

2 Likes

Exact same issue for me and I’ve tried as you have to turn off all addons and delete cache and it is still broken. I’m not sure if the issue was caused by a hotfix since Monday, or if it is a bug with ‘The War Within’ campaign specifically, but I did not have this issue in the Early Access.

1 Like

FYI from another thread. Good news is they are going to fix it, bad news is it will a few days…

1 Like

Ah yes, forgot to mention, the issue started once I dinged 80 and finished the leveling campaign. Cutscenes worked just fine before that. So it’s a level 80 campaigns issue.

same here some cinematic missing voice acting i hope is bug and not feature. Also still have problem voice acting missing in dungeons, raids and also in delves. Restart game will solve problem but after few hours playing same problem again and npc voices is gone. I had this problem whole Dragonflight. I am not alone :face_with_diagonal_mouth::point_down:

1 Like

Damn. :sweat: So this is not new at all, I was just lucky enough not to experience it until now.

Same here. Have to restart to have sound return. It’s very annoying, but I hope it gets fixed soon. Considering not advancing the campaign anymore, as it’s very immersion breaking.

2 Likes

As said by the blue post that I linked to in my comment, if you are getting this issue specifically since hitting 80 in The War Within, then it is a new issue and they are working on a fix for the bug which they have said will be in the next round of hotfixes coming in the next couple of days. Not ideal, but should get sorted.