📰 Note the consequence of Classic Burning Crusade here

Burning crusade prepatch up the 19 may.

And in 1 day the price has been up by + 22 000 gold :joy:

I wonder what other consequence we gonna get on retails just due to The Burning Crusade Classic out :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

still not worth the 20€. the prices would need to go way up for me to even consider buying one for selling. (and even if the prices were high i dont think i d ever do that tbh. :joy:)

rip to all those who rely on it for game time though.

i doubt that it will have a huge impact on retail though. maybe 1-3months like it was with classic until people get bored again. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Elon Musk needs to announce Tesla will no longer accept WoW tokens.

13 Likes

3 Likes

It was about 270k today and now has gone back down a few hours ago, still wayy lower than in Legion and the time before BFA, when it was about 400K.

2 Likes

Yeah I bought one when it was around 350k in Legion. Since then gold inflation and the golds gone down alot. Much easier to make gold more than ever and people are complaining that its gone up slightly. I dont buy these for game time, so I want the gold to go up and then I’ll buy one for the gold haha! Usually 1 tokens worth of gold will last me around 6 months, and thats spending it on stupid stuff. Ive not actually bought one in SL because the callings give around 1.6k per day, 4 level 60s, so 6.4k per day just from callings. And full disclosure, I rarely do them. I dont gold farm either, I literally just log on and play what I want.

What they need to add is for every service you can pay in WoW gold, or real money. E.g. Want to change your name? 50k gold. Want to boost to 50? 500k gold.

1 Like

This.

If the token was in range of 400-500k for 20 EUR it would make more sense, this amount is laughable.

2 Likes

Price of the tokens will drop back to ‘normal’ within a month, Demand has seen the price rise due to the release of the pre patch, may rise again when it is released, but then ill drop back to circa 200k once again.

Still nowhere near the highs of 375 to 400k it had been.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, the golden age of WoW. Legion was so good.

2 Likes

Sadly still not reaching the 400k values we hit in Legion. Then I might buy one.

It won’t reach 400k and it’s natural for token to go up every time something big launches.

When they opened pre-order purchases for SL, token jumped around 50k then went back. So when they opened purchase for BC deluxe edition (considering how many fan bois BC has), you can easily imagine that a lot of people used their gold to buy game time, lowering the amount of tokens on the market, increasing its value (more demand than supply).

Pair it with the end of the patch where content is already stale and it’s not worth playing, people take a break so they have no reason to buy tokens for anything.

When 9.1 hits the token should go lower because people might buy tokens to get gold so they can get ahead or skip farming. If we get more gold sinks in 9.1, the token will go down. The reason token was 400k in Legion was because it was very easy to get gold from table missions, so everyone was able to purchase tokens, thus effectively allowing a big part of the playerbase to purchase tokens with almost no effort (where before they had to work and invest time to get gold to buy tokens), inflating the demand in the process and leading to the astronomical token price.

If the token price will ever go back to 400k again, it will go only if there is absolutely 0 incentive for players to buy gold through token or if the amount of gold players can obtain in-game with low effort increases drastically (in which case, the gold income / token price ratio remains the same).

1 Like

Conspiracy detected, WoW token price conforms to the law of supply and demand, oh the horror.

Indeed, it’s horrible; not even one good 226 BoE. I’d expect a lot more gold for my cash.

2 Likes

Anything you can buy from the shop that’s not game time provides horrible value for money.

I guess they figured out you can just slap any price on anything and it will still sell, so no incentive to give more as you’re making stacks anyway.

2 Likes

People spending all day telling us how amazing TBC is… instead of playing it.

Not to me it doesn’t :slight_smile:

I might have been tempted at a token for a million gold, but the current price is an insult to anyone buying with currency. It doesn’t have any value.

(Probably needs AH price caps, tbh. Inflating the value of the token would just increase prices otherwise.)

1 Like

Don’t wanna disappoint you but we can usually observe similar increase in price whenever there’s a big sale on the store…

Classic increased the price by much more than merely 10% back in 2019 (from ~180k, peaked around 265k which is around +47%) , we’ll see how the real BCC launch day goes.

When flask was 2k gold :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When you saw that starlight rose and picked it and it turned to dust as you only had rank 1 :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve never bought a flask in my life, so wouldn’t know. :innocent: