Nothing matters in retail what makes it feel so dull

I played my classic character last time like one year ago and after logging in again I realized what is the problem with retail. In retail nothing matters. In retail I basically play few mythics in every week to get my weekly vault but for what I really need it? for nothing really. Getting upgrade really changes nothing when I anyways mostly just do my weekly mythics to get rng 226 loot.

in classic I played with not maxed character and got killed by some normal mobs and I got the feeling that I need better gear. Suddenly I started to care about getting better gear as it makes leveling easier. Suddenly there was reason for getting better gear. You don’t get this feeling while playing retail.

2 Likes

??? what

Yes in retail you can’t be killed by a random stag for example
but the progresion matter when you play raid or you are trying to achieve the highest m+ key you need the best possible ilvl
When a RAID TIER starts you have no gear to kill mythic bosses or maybe HC bosses depends on your team skill lvl and how hard they farmed gear before raid started
so there is a path and it matters a lot if you are a RAIDER
of course there is no point and nothing matters when you log LFR and PUG
or you just want to do + 15 for you mount + title achiev

look at it from a big picture :smiley: not just CLASSIC matter RETAIL don’t :smiley:

1 Like

we are doing m+ and getting vault loot to raid and min/max our gear, to do higher M+

how is getting green gear so a wolf wont kill you makes sense, i dont know its a matter of perspective and game goals

actually in SL players mentioned that mobs in maw for example hurt and gear from questing and normal dungeons was not enough, i dotn think it was a good thing

the game is 20 years old why do people expect me to enjoy killing quest mobs and dying to them, mmos dont work like this anymore

Don’t - no
 but it wouldn’t be that harmful if it happened

Go and play classic then and stop whining on the retail forum. Quite simple really.

3 Likes

Because dying to some random levelling mobs screams “this matters!”

What’s more annoying is how progress is erased every tier.

1 Like

New tier, new adaptation cycle
 how is that bad?

and I see the ‘journey’ from L50 to L60 as progress, much as I do getting from AiL 150 to AiL 200

because it completely invalidates what you worked for the last patch, it’s a bit annoying ngl

2 Likes

But if there were no progress in a new patch whats the point? It’s clear that people play this game for “progress” even if they only kill WQ mobs.

How can getting geared & battling through Castle Nathria not be seen as progress, when there was never an option to bypass it & go straight to the 9.1 Raid straightaway
?

It would be like getting to L120, in BfA & being ready to clear Mythic Ny’alotha immediately
 before it had been released and bypassing Uldir, Battle for Dazar’alor, Crucible of Storms & Eternal Palace.

Actually; would you rather that levelling be stretched out to last the full Expansion, to make it feel more meaningful?
Do you feel that Raids shouldn’t get harder as an Expansion goes on
?

or as I wrote earlier and struck through
?

I agree with this. At the moment best way to get prepared for 9.1 feels like saving up different currencies. Gearing up feels so worthless when it is going to get replace so fast anyways.

there is absolutely no reason to go back to other tiers other than transmogs, so it always feels like i’m playing the current patch and not the current expansion

I edited my last post

So; what you’re saying is that once 9.1 & it’s new Raid comes out, you feel you should be able to go into Mythic Castle Nathria & solo one shot the whole place
?? That’s madness

great, i dont want to be on the 3rd tier of the expansion and feel like i have to go back to over a year old content and grind castle nathria for the 48048th time because it drops relevant gear.

i dont necessarily agree with this because it just invalidates everything you did and feels meaningless but sure, if you are a new player and want to catch up with your friends or whatever guilds are progressing on i can get why people wouldn’t want it to be like that.

Agree with what, exactly
??
What am I missing, about any given character that has worked their way through the three ‘organised’ levels of a Raid & come out the other side not being a more powerful character for that whole journey?

it’s not just for new players. there’s also a lot of people like me who want to just progress the current tier for a few weeks/months, then keep it on farm for another few months until we have everything we need, then say good riddance and never look back at the raid again because it’s just that. old content we’ve ran 50 times at the exact same difficulty (except it just gets easier the longer it’s released and you start ignoring all mechanics).

it’s more or less the same argument some have against M+

Now you are just twisting my words. No. I never said anything like that.

I mean the way tbc and to some extent WotLK was.

If you wanna raid in current tier you had to do the previous one.