NPC's using pronouns

Make a new line (PC: shift+enter; android: button to the bottom right creates a new line on most keyboards), then mark the text you’d like to quote. In the forums the quote option will pop once marked : )

1 Like

How many voice lines are directly recorded for questing? In my experience and recollection of nearly 20 years playing the game it is next to none. It’s the talking heads for world quests, and cinematics that are voiced.

And written quest text / dialogue that goes to your chat window or is written in quest log windows uses variables around character class and character race; why cant they implement a variable for gender identity? It really isnt as hard as you all seem to be making it out - unless they (plural form referring to a group of probably mixed personnel) were to go back through every single quest in the game - they won’t. But they could draw a line in the sand, and add it for future content patches / updates.

1 Like

Not saying its hard. Im saying its cheaper and faster to have only 1 text line with out Boleans.

For the same reason NPCs call me “champion” and not “Uda”…

But either way. Im not a dev at Blizz, or any other gaming company for that matter.

So dunno. Its just a personal opinion.

But once the variable is added - it is only a single line of text. Thanks you’ve proven my point.

And I’m trying to arrive at a conclusion that recognises your point - using a single line of text.

I guess ? :smiley:

Like I said. Im not a coder. But intuitively just scripting 1 line of text is less complex than a sequence string with a bunch of variables attached to it.

If that proves your point then I guess its OK.

MoP has a lot. But afterwards it felt like they realized how much work it is and cut it back with WoD again.

1 Like

If it were solely about making money and cutting costs, then they would be focusing on what most people want to see as a priority. Instead, they have decided that they want to be more ‘inclusive’.

Which would be perfectly fine, if it wasn’t coming at the expense of existing options.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s true. I should have remembered that having run through Remists on 4 characters :slight_smile:

1 Like

They already had the tech to use the proper pronouns for the character’s sex.

It’s fascinating how much tech regresses nowadays.

As long as nothing can be defined, you can be :open_hands: whateeeever :open_hands:!

Who knows, maybe I’ll be able to choose my articles, prepositions and adjectives in the future. And colors will be named color 1, color 2, and so! Who needs actual, descriptive language?

6 Likes

They/them or was/were, what’s the difference

I hope a day will come when ‘body type 2’ has no bra. I don’t see why a body type would need one.

Never.
Because to Woke people, LGBTQ+ people and to virtue signaling people, inclusion means replacing options with one that favours their views instead of adding options and letting people choose.

2 Likes

I have not noticed that npc’s use “they” term if they are speaking about my singular character? That would just be stupid. Dont they use champion etc.?

Def something that needs to be addressed if they start speaking like “Hi there them. Can they kill those chickens there and bring them back to me”