N'zoth Ending Cinematic

Reminder: speak with your wallets. That’s the only way you’ll get Activision Blizzard to listen. As long as you stay subscribed, they’ll continue making cuts to development resources.

2 Likes

You can’t really make a great cinematics with 1 min playtime while the action is set. Like N’zoth should die in that, Magni / Mother would help with the reoriginator device as planned. You can’t really surprise ppl when they played the pre-quests which stated the plan.

1 Like

You’re sort of rolling everything up into one here.
I watched it now, and the LOTR scene homage is definitely there. Seems fine and fitting and “Oh I know that one!”-appropriate.

Cinematic and ending as a whole is a bit underwhelming. But I don’t think it’s worse because the Sargeras one was so much better. That one was just really good. The N’zoth one is more akin to what we’re used to. Cataclysm, MoP, WoD. They’re sort of all in that boat.
We’ve just gotten spoiled because we’ve had the Sargeras one. :yum:

Just imagine for a moment that the champion’s plan doesn’t work. :crazy_face:

I’m just crazy.

On a positive note " gotta try", the raid does look nice, can’t wait to try it out, just hope there will be a skip cinematic button there at the end XD.

1 Like

Well that was… something.

1 Like

Yeah, and what then?

a) we all die and serve master N’zoth
b) something unexpected help arrives and then everybody crying out about wtf lore, makes zero sense, etc

1 Like

Old Gods were one of the best part left of the lore this game has and Blizz managed to ruin even that.

2 Likes

Maybe don’t make him explode like that and do something like Sargeras? That’d be easier to accept.

2 Likes

Should he stab the world with his tentacles? That would be way better.

1 Like

Nah just send him back to his prison after he was weakened by that rainbow beam thing.

1 Like

Probably he isn’t dead because that would cause massive damage to Azeroth like Y’shaarj death did.

So unworthy of our Tentacly Overlord. He was not just an Old God, he was an Old God on the loose. Not like the others which were still bound to their prisons.
I did not think an expansion ending cinematic could have been more disappointing than “Draenor is free!”… but here we go.

2 Likes

Every day people come with new things to complain about.
Really makes me wonder why you’re keep playing a game you dislike so very much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People that were saying killing and old god would be bad for the planet, did we really kill him ?

Or was it trick of the mind with the visions, I might be confused or wrong but, don’t we go to stop some sort of alternate future ? I mean the visions we enter for the cloak, those are what could happen if n’zoth wins.

From what i saw from streams, you go to nyalotha, but to get to n’zoth you have to take another portal.

1 Like

Neither were end bosses and weren’t very heavy lore character at those points in time. Only becoming such later down the line.

Ripping old gods out it bad, vaporising them is yet unknown on how it will affect Azeroth.

“well we can’t think of an ending so…meh LOTR was popular right?”

I don’t know…

I think fair criticism is fair criticism.

I’ll definitely go on record for saying that BfA has been an overall wonderful expansion and I think it’s more of a good expansion than a bad expansion.

But

The final cinematic is ultimately the ending to the expansion. It should feel satisfying. But I’m not really left with any goosebumps the way I often am after watching a cinematic from Blizzard.

I would say the cinematic is on par with Cataclysm. It’s very similar in many ways.
It’s much better than both MoP and WoD - those were awful.
But it’s obviously nowhere near the epicness that was the Legion cinematic.

And beyond that, I’m actually not really any wiser now. Usually - for better or worse (Draenor is free!..) - the story gets wrapped up so you actually have a conclusion to all you’ve been doing for the past 1-2 years.
But with BfA we’ve already said goodbye to Sylvannas. And the whole Azeroth wound tying together with N’zoth’s corruption doesn’t really make much sense. I mean, the sword is still there…

Anyway,

People will criticize Blizzard for this one. And I’m a big fanboy, but I’m criticizing it too. It’s not that good. And I expect better from Blizzard. I think most does. Especially after the Legion cinematic.

4 Likes

For a guy who hates so much on BFA you are oddly interested in keeping up with all the latest news.

What are you on about? I barely even post on these forums and I’ve never really hated on BFA. There’s a difference between hating and criticism, and this cinematic is just bad. You’d think they’d have at least let BFA go out with a bang.

2 Likes