N'Zoth (spoiler)

It looks like there is a quest chain which allows us to face N’Zoth 1 on 1, doesn’t show the end but i think it looks like we truly free N’Zoth in this scene even though it suggests we kill him.

He’s finally dead, and for now Azeroth is free of the taint of Old Gods and the Void. Although new Old Gods could be on their way from the Void Lords…

so now that we have cleared the Burning Legion and the Void forces, only Sylvanas and (un)death in general remains :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hope he dies and stays dead and dont ever deal with old gods being behind anything and evrything.
And nzoth isnt interesting or feels like eldritch monstosity he is susposed to be that mortals cant understand.
Could replace him with generic evil wizzard and all would basicly be same.

Hope we get world updated and repaired from cata after bfa. Not more boring uninteresting old god crap.
So yeah if its true end of him im happy.

2 Likes

i’d rather take a generic lovecraftian monster over another boring faction war anyday

1 Like

“Nice” ending, i sense something oddly familiar though.

:thinking::sweat_smile::rofl:

4 Likes

“Familiar” Lol.
It’s basically copy-pasted!!

Apparently, Old Gods and their minions are all susceptible to Kamehameha attacks.

4 Likes

I think it’s a bit of a bummer that he’s dealt with in one patch, and that Ny’alotha is a raid rather than a zone.

I’ll have to agree with you there. It’s hard to represent “true” Lovecraftian horror when it’s described as something we could never comprehend.
There are a few movies I’ve seen who do this rather well, but it’s not so much about the actual monster, rather it portrays the feelings of us being insignificant, and how vast the universe is.
I think Blizzard is trying to convey those feelings, but it doesnt really work.

3 Likes

Fake news. I was told that killing an Old God would cause planetary damage. Surely the speaker of Azeroth and MOTHER wouldn’t risk this.

Or maybe it’s another retcon :thinking:

5 Likes

That’s true! Also, they say that Azeroth isn’t under any Old God threat anymore, so I guess we just killed them off entirely.
Even if they said we only fought fragments of them.
And the Old God activity in Ulduar back in Legion.
:woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Maybe what causes planetary damage is to uproot the entire thing, and we simply pruned the top (by shooting his head off with a laser beam apparently).

Who knows. Maybe there is a mass of dead tentacles buried all over the planet and rotting like some dead tree stump…:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Wowhead states that we channel the power of the Forge of Origination through the Heart to attack N’Zoth, the device made to cleanse the whole planet in case corruption was found to be uncurable. I remember a lot of people saying why it couldn’t be used to just attack the Old Gods. Now it is.

1 Like

It did tickle me that it went full anime on it.

il Take a decent written faction war(that has atleast some concistency and doesnt cleary villain bat 1side) over the most boring part of warcraft ever in old gods any day.

1 Like

They probbaly forgot about it honestly.
And not like they care about concistency in first place.

1 Like

If they could portay it well(which for lovecraftian monsters is really hard to do),it could be amazing. But its aslo a MMO,so kinda have to win in end ,and has to be fought in someway,just being MMo makes hard to portay thing even harder.

And aslo for being beyond mortal compresions theyre susposed to be ,we got the titans which since chronicles blow the old gods completetly out of the water so it certainl doesnt help their portayel of love craftion horrors that mortal beings could never hope to undestand.

Best they couldve been done for old gods was Always just a background thing really.
And not aslo put them behind basicly anything ever even if never relaly had any connection to them.

If portayed and done well they could be very interesting but they arent and being a MMO makes lot more challenging(like having to be way downscaled). And just the writers arent really capable of pulling it of well.

1 Like

I keep hearing its a mmo excuse but FF 14 does grand scale things like this all the time blizzard’s writers and programmers need to start acting like the mutl billion dollar company they are

1 Like

So far Blizzard has really dropped the ball on all the N’Zoth stuff, the moment N’Zoth was set free the world should’ve been changed imo.

And from what I’ve seen of all the 8.3 stuff it’s extremely limited compared to how the Old Gods have been described in lore and “what could have been” really.

2 Likes

World shouldve been changed in legion (and shouldve actully seen/felt the biggest legion invasion ever ) and then by sword atleast most of southerend kalimdor shouldve been destroyed and ssword shouldve had worldwide effects

like biggest legion invasion ever,theyre contained to few islands,and we totally roll over them again and again and again.
Even kiljeaden and Argus their homebase was underwhelming.

The prepatch felt more Legion then actual expansion.

2 Likes

pretty sure the whole point is that we contained them to the broken isle before they could spread anywhere aka they was stopped before their invasion truly began blame gul’dan he was terrible at covering his tracks

ironically this is all kill’jaeden’s fault too if he didn’t get triggered by velen calling him a monster we wouldn’t have such a easy time dealing with the legion

Alleria datamined dialogue says that Nzoths whispers stopped after he is defeated, but that new voices have now joined the Chorus.

I wouldnt be in a rush to be done with the Void yet… in fact I wouldnt be surprised if Old Gods were just the tip of the iceberg…