Obnoxious reputation grinds

It’s about time Blizzard brought back some obnoxious reputation grinds that were pretty enjoyable to work on back in the day. The current reputations in BfA and Legion are really easy to get exalted with, which is fine because that is the intention.

However I miss having some big grinds to work on for unique rewards, like Netherwing, Order of the Cloud Serpent, Ogri’la, Timbermaw Hold, Sons of Hodir.

So why not add some back in? They don’t need to be part of the pathfinder achievement, so it would be completely optional for people who enjoy that sort of thing.

Some ideas:
Pa’ku’s Wind Riders - daily quests around pa’ku’s nest to learn to be Pterrodax rider. Unlocks some cool Pterrodax mounts.

Exiles of Voldun - help the Zandalari exiles establish a camp of safety in Vol’dun and reclaim their honour. Some nifty rewards plus at exalted they could give you access to a tunnel to Zuldazar, for quick travelling between Zuldazar and Voldun.

I haven’t played alliance so can’t think of anything fun for Kul Tiras but I’m sure there are many possibilities.

I think this would be fun and give some different content for people to engage with outside of dungeons and raiding. It would certainly keep me busy between patches and a reason to play your main. I realise it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I know of other people who share my definition of ‘fun’ :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

For alliance, gryphon riders. That way you could have more color variants of gryphons. Or perhaps horses, so you could buy more horses.

MOAR. HORSES.

2 Likes

I never did old rep grinds. The oldest one i did was the sunweavee onslaught for the direhorn on throne of thunder.

Whats the difference between them? Both felt obnoxious to me. Rewards being the only difference

Current ones are already obnoxious though

1 Like

I think it’s because world quests and emissaries are part of the core system for gearing up once you become max level. But some of the really ‘obnoxious reputations’ weren’t part of that, they were alternative activities to the main game which didn’t really improve your characters power. More akin to archaeology these days maybe.

• Read the topic title
  • Formed and opinion about the content of the post

I was wrong.

On topic:
I did Emperor Shaohao , which before MoP Timewalking was basically 1 weekly quest, the rest was “kill mobs” for eternity. Rewarded a mount. I spent weeks and months on that doing an hour here and another hour there. Felt good when I got it.

The problem however, is that the community today does not want to do that anymore. “Why am I forced to grind mobs for weeks and weeks just to get a mount??!”
So while I would welcome things like that, I’m not sure the insta-gratification-crowd would.

2 Likes

i kinda see where you coming from. Like the how to train your pteridax quest line. Totally optional thing with a cool reward

1 Like

I would like that, would give us something to do and work towards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that kind of complaint is mainly done about allied races and main story quests. That’s slightly annoying tbh. Whereas I guess people don’t really mind about mounts and toys, those are things you could pass if you’re not interested.

The anti Pathfinder group disagrees xd.

It’s quite funny to see a post about how it’s too easy to get reputation when there are so many complaints about having to grind it in the current system :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why not. It wouldn’t be content for me, but my rep- and achievement hunting friends would like it.

1 Like

Yeah, fair enough.
Guess I’m just too used to people complaining that something (optional) they want is taking a long time to aquire.

“I have a house, mortgage, eight kids, two wives, five cats. I don’t want to spend the little time I have to play killing mobs for 3 rep each”

Again, Personally I like reps like these. They’re completely optional. I spent 3 weeks in TBC getting the Netherdrakes. If I recall correctly, you also needed epic flying to be able to ride them, as back then Flying Speed was determined by the mount, not by skill.

1 Like

Yea those aren’t bad, you get to choose your favorite one and you grind it because you like the mount or the tabard, you don’t really feel forced in any way to do it.

The last ones meh, you’re not forced, but implicitly you are, in a way (but that’s also why it’s easier to do the grind now, they’re not blind to it). Still as you say, it wouldn’t be bad to have some rep which are in totally for a few cosmetic items. Not mandatory in any possible way.

1 Like

U want grind ok - I don’t :flushed:

So don’t grind it. But the option should be here for people that want it to get a aim towards funny toys/mount in current content.

Depends. Timbermaw was basically you committing genocide on entire Furbolg tribes. Not a really interesting concept.

Both can be done in days with egg collecting.

Easy yes but time gated and take longer than the 2 above to do .

1 Like

You want a rep grind like laughing skull don’t you :stuck_out_tongue:

Fair enough.

The eggs weren’t as easy to find when it was current content and there were lots of people hunting for them. The time/reward ratio was significantly worse and a lot of people wouldn’t just camp for eggs (although some still did).