Obtaining Rank 3 Essences on Alts

Speaking for yourself of course. Not about most people.

2 Likes

I wasn’t even entertaining the idea of doing lfr.

im disgusted by the amount of grind that its involved in bfa.
in any case, unlike you, I know the basics of mathematics ^^
first of all, since you are playng an alt, you actually need ONE essence, others will come and are a little power up.
so you basically need only 500 currency ASAP
Major Assault – 125
Minor Assault - 75
HF (only main boss) - 50
3x Emissary quest - 150
= 400
you then can quickly add upp the other 100

so basially in 2-3 hours of playng you already have your fking major essence.
USE.YOUR.BRAIN.PLEASE.

2 Likes

This is not what we asked for. We wanted account-wide essences, not to trade one grind for another.

1 Like

They’re being unnecessarily difficult, but leave it to Blizzard to maintain their gameplay metrics with another grind.

And yes, this grind isn’t very long but I still just would have preferred account-wide essences with no strings attached.

No one takes an alt to 10-15 regardless of main score due to low ilvl which means you can’t HARD carry their entire group.

Edit: Which is the point of pugging, to get hard carried.

9 out of 10 +14-15s I pugged I had to solo carry, often doing twice as much dps as the 2nd best dps. Only 1 out of 10 pugs were smooth where overall DPS was equal between the 3 dps players.

Good thing that you can do that and buy other ones from this system no?

The whole point is alts not HAVING to do old content which in itself is an amazing change.

I swear some people can never be satisfied with anything.

1 Like

I really don’t think this will decrease MAUs. I’ve pretty much run out of stuff to do on my main. Need 5 15s to get the achievement, I’m progressing mythic now, but that’s about it. Apart from corrupted items, only upgrades I can get are from the weekly chest (highly unlikely) and from the mythic raid. I’m also sitting on 120k coals, so doing dailies is kinda pointless at this point… Until this change, I flat out refused to play an alt because of essences and a lot of people I know were on the same boat - getting done with their mains, but reluctant to roll alts, because of essences

statistics dont lie.

statisticaly most people dont care , never cared and never will care about raiding.

Statistics i have never seen. I live in my bubble too. Like a good paladin. But i certainly have contact with players who care about raiding but who are not raiding. It is also not so easy to get into.

No i speak for most poeple becouse this is exactly how most people play. And its also kinda logicky correct since why would anyone bother to do anything above LFR. They alredy beat content. There is no point to go above LFR. Everyone knows that most people always pick path of least resistance to achieve their goals.

Wow it’s almost like the option of doing m+ runs with your guild exists.

People who care about their alts do weekly m+ runs on them pretty regularly so this only helps them even more.

Also nice bragging there.

Then can you please show these stats and sources seems you and Elias are so well informed and are blizzard insiders.

So you telling us that majority of players are mythic+ runners and raiders? If yes why did Blizzard create LFR?

Could you please check my (legion raiding) progress? LFR into normal into heroic. It is how progressing works. It is how we start at normal dungeons through heroic to mythic to M+ to M+(N).

1 Like

you do realise most normal people play 2-3 hours a week.

they wont waste this time on idiotic grinds.

love how all justify the grind and how 500 is nothing - then you see 2 assault, weekly, vision etc just to get one XD

who wants to do 50+ assaults to play some alts in a better way. last patch of legion was better :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless they add a way to transfer the Echoes to other alts, the mains will quickly be bloated with useless, unusuable echoes.

Someone did suggest some BoA token that transfers echoes to another character at a loss

To much for alts i am only doing bgs daily, will take me loads of time for x1 essence :smiley:

So they found a way to screw up again…

This should be hotfixed to require any essence to unlock all other role essences from same source on account, just like Nazjatar/Rustbolt essences.

Why you Blizzard spit into the face of all those who mains pure DPS classes?

3 Likes