Ode to solo shuffle

Dear Blizzard,

Here is my view on Solo Shuffle, it was one of the most requested features from people that play PvP often.
Finally after so many years you listen to us and gave us a rated solo queue game mode!
When the game mode came to beta/ptr people instantly saw what the game mode actually became.

I dont understand how Blizzard was able to destroy this game mode with such a simple context.
We just wanted either 2v2 or maybe 3v3 games, but instead you gave us some wierd 6 game long 3v3 fiesta.
What is wrong with this? Well lets see

• Queue times are disguisting long.
  • Game mode is full of grievers who lose the first few games and then troll u.
  • Way to much time invested for the rewards.

Why cant we just get 1 game of 2v2 or 3v3? What is the need for 6 games?! queue times are often over 30 minutes easily. Then I am in a game which takes roughly 10-15 minutes.
Personal performance has an impact, but most of the times you cannot make up for what other people lack.
Its either a healer game so u go 3-3 or its the most OP class wins and u got 2-4.

Can we please get this game mode changed to how people intended the feature when requested?
Just give us fast queues and fast games.
1 game is enoegh! Dont make us play 6 in a row!

7 Likes

I find the que times really annoying but since I’m not paying hell i can’t really complain.
I love the 3v3 shuffle system, it makes the game much more interesting.
Trolls are trolls. Report them, the system surprisingly works.
People are crying on the forums all the freaking time but still 99% of the games will choose shuffle over afking in lfr trying to convince some 1800cr wannabe gladiators whom expecting 3000k cr ls and 3 glad titles for their 1600 team …

1 Like

The queue times are long because people are meta-gamers and when the flavors of the month are Balance Druid and Destro Lock, people will reroll to them and sit in 30-40 minutes queue. And finally they get a game and start to flame the healers for all of their failures.
the 6 games system wasn’t really requested by players, but now I am glad they chose it, otherwise it would be like the Skirmish mode when you get leeches with bad gear and no enchants and get stomped. At least with the 6 games system, the leech gets 0 wins and everyone is winning by default.

damn anon21766868 actually wrote a good post here

this is propably most based post ive seen on forum by now related to soloq

weird that it has almost no reads, but the usual “nerf x nerf y nerf all except my class” posts have the most

1 Like

Probably unpopular opinion, but the only fix for shuffle is to unite the shuffle and 3v3 ladders. That way shufflers can also get gladiator rewards, and they can team up with good lobby members if they find it unfair to face 3v3 teams. Many will likely still prefer shuffle despite the disadvantage, as they don’t need to be social there.

3 Likes

Also bring back skirmish shuffle from SL for those that enjoy that fiesta.

2 Likes

I am playing solo shuffle to get away from the 3s meta comps. If I am playing shuffle and have to face rmp or turbo or some other broken comp I am going to unsub.

If they unite those 2 brackets they kill shuffle

I understand that, but is it really worth the 40 min queues?

The fact that people are prepared to queue that long
I’d say that some feel yes , it is
Though it isn’t completely that black and white

I would wait 60min if that means I would not have to fight against 3s bracket. The elitism, gatekeeping and meta comps in 3s are ruining this game. If they get rid of solo shuffle I will just unsub.

Even with 40min queue solo shuffle is the most played bracket by a large margin. That should tell you how much the majority hates regular 3s

2 Likes

So meta comps got replaced with meta specs… What a difference.

Majority likes 3s because it seems 3s are as active as shuffle. I love bringing stats based on “trust me bro”.

Shuffle is terrible due to 6 games format. Queues are long for few reasons:

-deficit of healers
-6 rounds format so if 2 healers find the game they are locked for 6 rounds so waiting time is even extended
-bigger dampening to make matches shorter (otherwise one lobby could be over 1 hour if there are 4 casters) = less pleasant for healers = less healers
-you are locked in miserable lobby (solo caster in 3 meele lobby or opposite for 6 rounds)
-6 rounds format makes it harder to push for healers as if one player is significantly weaker then healer goes 3/3
-long queue times = irritated and annoyed players = more toxicity

There is clearly an issue as less and less players are queuing this season. There is 0 chance to organize RBG and bearly any players in LFG as well. I hope Blizzard will create a proper solo queue merged with 3s bracket.

1 Like

It seems 3s are as active as solo shuffle? Is this your “trust me bro”?

3s is despised by the majority of players that’s why almost nobody played 3s last season in contrary to solo shuffle last season.

Same as now. 3s is dead while solo shuffle is played all day at every rating.

Just cause you want 3s to be active again does not mean that majority of players are on the same side.

As for me, if they merch 3s and shuffle into one bracket I am just quitting arena and only going to play bgs or just gonna unsub

Check highest ratings in both brakcets they are kinda equal and last season isn’t the current season. In fact 3s are a bit higher.

So yes - another exaple of “trust me bro” by you. Last season most people played rss because it was an easy source of rewards. Not so much at the moment so plenty of people went back to 3s.

Check

drustvar com/leaderboard/activity

In US and EU 3s has less games played in the last 24 hours than shuffle has lobbies. Each lobby means 6 rounds played. And that is even with the long queue times.

So basically a large margin of players prefers shuffle. 3s has not even 1/6 of participation compared to shuffle.

Highest rating has no meaning when it comes to participation cause blizzard blocked mmr in shuffle for the last 5 weeks. They hard capped mmr at 2500 or something.

So check your facts before you come at me with “trust me bro”

1 Like

i hate having to wait 50min to get in lobby with 2x 0xp heal that other keep spam clone on ur havoc ruin chaos bolts and other is not finding any of his buttons while u have to be trained by fury,feral,dh as destro with 2 bad heals in the game

can just go if see there wont come 3 wins i mean, no one cares waste time there watch that through after they waited 50min for it

6 round format is a fail since start, people lose 3 game and they will go or they start troll you always if they dont care for else than vault

People requested Shuffle because they didn’t understand that there aren’t enough people who are playing healers. As a healer you have instant queues and you also had “instant queues” pre Shuffle. On top of that a lot of people had high standards and thought that they deserve a 2,4k player to play with because they used to be glad 15 years ago in a deflated season while playing on 1,6k now.

And then there are also the toxic ones who obviously don’t find anybody to play with and are now roaming around in Shuffle, making a bad game mode even worse because you can’t avoid them anymore.

Edit: Also having to play 6 rounds back to back with the same people is awful, should have just sticked to a normal 3v3 game which the game is balanced around instead of 6 super dampening low quality trash games which make me want to jump out of the window after playing a session.

1 Like

Then how come CR is higher with the same mmr cap. The only reason more people played RSS 1st season RSS was not mmr capped. Anyway you have an interesting take on promoting playing alone and not with friends.

i think majority would actually benefit from that as it would reduce their dps ques, unless ure willing to go heal this fiesta ofc

any dps with “i will unsub” doesnt mean anything else than less que time for the rest so you do you

Except nobody requested RSS but Solo queue. And Solo Shuffle isn’t solo queue.

its not, and 6 rounds is not good design. thats the thing

1 Like