Ok I regret my words

Considering WoD made me quit 3 weeks in and I stayed for the whole of Legion, then I think my view is quite telling on what I thought.

Legion was amazing. Surammar, class hall, questlines, raids, dungeons, both rated and random battlegrounds. It was just so alive.

Very grind heavy but it had so many ways to affect how u played your character l. Artifact weapons, legendaries, set bonuses, u were able to swap gear in m+. It was a lot better than bfa imo. But it had its flaws in ap grind and legendary acquisition. But once u got the Legoz and u finished the grind it was a very good expansion indeed.

It’s a clown grind fiesta only was good last months where everything was unlocked without a grind

We can as ever disregard anything this person says, as they have some fairly unpleasant views on any female relatives you may have and their place in society, So their views are to be disregarded.

Seems that the complaints many have are purely game mechanic ones.

Thats…kinda secondary. Ever since the game started with the RTS ones, it has been all about the story.

The Story was good. I’d take a hit on my DPS if the story was good. Heck, I have done. I’ve stuck with MM hunter since TBC through thick and thin and back again.
If you care about stats, train to become an accountant, as far as the story goes, Legion was good. Could have been scarier, but was good.

Wasn’t MM quite bad in the “design” department during MoP and made into a PvP spec in Cata? I remember playing double BM in MoP because that spec was just on absolute fire, back in those days.

I mean, I stopped playing MM after WoTLK and only returned to it because -Thas’dorah-.

legion was okay, but not great at the start, but became nicer towards the end, with ap etc getting less grindy.
It still won’t beat wotlk for best storyline.

SL will be Legion 3.0, BFA was bad Legion Chinese copy. How can people say that Legion was bad if they will play the same over 6 years. :thinking: So can SL jump over Legion we will see in near future.

Well I liked legion a lot in terms of story line but the rep grinds and limitations to rep grinds because you can only get so much rep as there are world quests aviable that day…

Then the fact then when it just came out and you did class hall campaign you actually had to wait a day before completing some campaings missions not a hour like nowadays…

Another big plus for me was the introduction to allied races. I also liked that they made story lines for your legendary weapon and that you could get skins for them and power them up and all that. So yeah it had its ups and downs for me

unless you played competitively on 5 different specs, and raided mythic seriously, there was absolutely no reason to grind.
i came back at the beginning of legion, capped 7 characters, got every single tier curve on my main, some on my alts, and didn’t grind a single minute.

It wasn’t great to be fair, but then it did pick up in WoD when it was pretty frickin’ Beast to be honest, in fact WoD was probably the hardest hitting it has ever been in my opinion, it tailed off a -little- in Legion, and is OK in BfA, but I’m one of those people who think ‘If you know your class and spec, you can make your class work, and to hell with what people on the Internet say!’ Obviously we’ll see the new changes, but yeah, it was rubbish for a bit, in WoD was obscene, and then dropped down a bit after that.

Or rather, that was my experience of it.

It featured in my opinion one of the best death scenes in WoW history. Varian will always be one of the best characters in Warcraft history for me.

I think it’s one of the better expansions. You can only replay the Pillars of Creation campaign a couple times before it gets stale though.

Class/spec fantasy was definitely very good. Most of the negativity just came from the way you obtained legendaries and how powerful some were in comparison to others, but apart from that it was probably my second favourite expansion next to Wotlk

I really loved Legion in general, but it had too many flaws.

Terrible Titanforging and Legendaries system, AP grind at the end became too much…

Also I didn’t like that all of the sudden we are like the most powerful beings and holding Ashbringers and Aluneths with us.

No, that was BFA. Legion still had class sets.
The big selling point of ToS’s sets were that they were remakes of the Black Temple sets, for each class.

Praise be the almighty and holy LEGION!

We shall never forget

Nothing to stop you playing it now!

Narratievly it was probably the worst expansion to date along with BFA and TBC. Especially after they wiped out both Emerald Nightmare and Argus with it in single patches…

Mechanically it became good once we had Antorus out with free max level AF and 3 tiers of set bonuses we could mix. But before that it was mostly a slog.

I didn’t do much raiding in Legion. Maybe LFR and that’s it.

Spent most of it getting the class hall, armour and mount stuff for all classes. So much to do when your a casual.