Ok... Now I'm mad

What the boosters need, is their own channel.

/trade should be more like it used to be, for player use. Trading actual items and professions, not boosts.

We have multiple channels already, and I believe /trade was a channel intended to keep sales out of /general or the old /world chat we used to have…

We also have something called /local defence.

Why is it such a horrible idea to make /Boost (or whatever “rp” name you’d give it) a channel of it’s own? So that “normal” players can have /trade as well? Because we sure as H can’t now, with boosting being as bad, if not worse, than gold selling used to be.

1 Like

Just remove Trade or move it to its own window. That way your other channels can still be seen.

Because Blizzard would be seen as actively supporting boosters which will cause much outrage especially since they’ve recently banned boosters who were also doing RMT.

People defend them all the time, because “it’s allowed”. Being “allowed” doesn’t make it okay. People should make it clear they don’t want this, if they don’t. Don’t shut up just because “it’s allowed”.

Either, way, I really think they NEED their own channel. Call it /boost for easy access to those who seek boosts. I don’t care, I just want to be able to have chat channels again, without gold seller copy cat adds from boosters spamming my channels like disco lights, because that is how it freaking looks on several servers!!

2 Likes

Why didn’t they just make a gold selling chat channel back in the day? I think it’s a bad idea to legitimize this whole boosting thing by blizzard officially supporting them. It will just make the entire thing worse. They will not stay in their channel, even now they use the group tool and general chat for their ads.
This needs a similar solution as the token was for gold selling. They need to make boosting useless.

Well, the problem got out of hand, now they need to clean it up. That means they have to take heavy action in every channel they show up in where they should not be, in a case where they did actually get their own channel.

They got rid of the gold selling quite quickly, when they took serious action. I am not sure I remember what their efforts were though.

Most boosted people sucks at dungeons/raids. It’s like giving nuclear codes to terrorists.
That’s why boosting should not be allowed.

1 Like

I don’t understand that ;p It’s all about being scared of changes?

Idk about other servers, but on Argent Dawn (which is a massive server) we get like 1-2 ad messages in /2 every 1 minute or so. Are you really mad about 1-2 messages in /2 or is Argent Dawn a special case scenario?

The spam about this same topic all over the forums is worse.

New/different = bad, didn’t you know?

I doubt its that, addons are fine to have but in many cases they’ve become a requirement for many just to play the game.

Maybe Oldmanbarry just prefers the base game to one that gets cluttered with addons, while theres absolutely nothing wrong with this some players will come to all sorts of conclusions over why someone else doesn’t want to play with addons.

2 Likes

I know of the Badboy addon. But that keyword system is constantly being worked around. It started with WTS, selling, WSl, etc but theyre constantly changing the way they type their stupid ads. Thats a case of you can mop the floor but it aint gonna work unless you turn the faucet off.

These ads just need to get banned completely for it to stop. Imagine being a new player that doesnt know how to leave trade, and suddenly being spammed with all that bs. Jolly.

wether or not boosting is allowed is not the issue its part of the game now, no getting around that

that being said, it IS annoying and that is a problem

solution? a boost chat channel or something?

1 Like

Type /leave trade in chat. Even if you manage to filter/ban all the spam there is nothing there to see.

not really i tried plenty of them, but the normal interface+ macros works fine for me. the only thing i really used so far is either a dps meter for serious runs since playing wow or a crafting + scrapper add on this expansion for better goldmaking since the mat farming business is ruined by multiboxxers flooding the ah with way too cheap mats in huge amounts.

I mean i tried alot of healing add ons as well but macros and the normal wow interface just works better without having most your screen covered or with having to mess with tons of settings

1 Like

One day there was a boosting guy spamming in general chat, I said “hey, go in trade chat u donkey” then he said “no i will continue here because people dont look at trade chat”

A boost chat channel would not work, they will still spam in the other chat channels to be seen.

1 Like

For the people suggesting to leave trade,

1. Read the post, I litterally mentioned it.
  2. A new player wouldn’t know how to do that. Imagine entering a beautiful city for the first time and being spammed with ads…
  3. IT SHOULDN’T BE NECESSARY!
  4. Trade chat is often not that bad on lower pop realms, Im mainly annoyed by ingame LFG.
1 Like

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

You could turn off trade, literally serves no purpose outside of people offering boosts.
Like what exactly do you expect to see in the trade chat outside of spam?

Where else will I be able to read childish jokes and people talking about racism?

Why does it trigger you do much? Just ignore it, or switch it off, or use Badboy, all of which has been mentioned. No point in giving them their own channel, they’ll just continue on both.