Ok... Now I'm mad

Most Twitch chats
Or PTR chat (for the childish jokes). It’s a good ol’ time over there. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Even if add-ons with keywords filters exists, Blizzard should add this feature to the game settings, I believe this is the best soultion to get peace.

Well I left trade chat, it’s just boost cockroaches everywhere.

I’ve reported so many boosters in the LFR channel, and they just keep coming back.

edit: just reported 24 more…
edit2: make that 32, 8 new ones popped up after a refresh

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t think we should have to leave chat, but maybe we have to to make Blizzard realize how many of us don’t want it? That is, I have no idea how many who don’t want it, but if we are many leaving the channel maybe it gives out a hint? I don’t know. I left 2 years ago, against my will, but I will explode if I have to watch any more of that sheet. Yes, I am dramatic about it.

(I know it’s still there because every time I make a new character I get auto enabled /trade).

I am completely with you OP. I was there back in the old days before boosters. General chat and trade chat in cities are a salesman hellhole, now. It utterly ruins the atmosphere of the game, not to mention encouraging behaviour that is just plain spoiling the game. You’re supposed to earn things through skill and effort. That was always the point of an MMO. Not paying someone to cakewalk you through content. Why is that even appealing to people?

I’m also not a multibox lover, and there are many of those too, I suspect many run by bots who then sell their illicit gold for real money.

It needs to stop, these are the two biggest problems WoW has and they are making the community much worse off.

Oh, and yeah, my ignore list is full too. To echo your thoughts: why is there even a cap?!?!

1 Like

Well, imho it’s fine to not play with addons but avoiding ALL addons completely is a bit silly, especially if it makes your playing more pleasant :smiley: like not seeing those boosting communities spam ;p

I will give you 5 copper and a sock

Take it or leave it

They dont even copy cat it, there are addons which auto-advertise your message, you can even set the intervals. They leave it to their x account, while doing something else.

Or do you think they sit on their chairs for hours spamming the “service”? No please, else noone in the right mind would do this.

You could move to Aggramar horde side too :innocent: our server is so quiet that bots haven’t even found it, trade is dead quiet :rofl:

There’s gold and even real money involved in boosting. There are people out there who earn a living this way.

And when blizzard doesn’t want to put a stop to them, don’t expect them to just stop spamming because you’re annoyed.

1 Like

AD’s trade is usually spammed with “Did someone say?” or “ANAL”

3 Likes

The reason i always advise to install Badboy + Ccleaner is because i cannot agree with leaving the trade channel.
Its for trade, normal trade and over the years i used it with good results.

I refuse to give up and leave it for the boosting communities.
What we need to do, imho, is to keep pushing with calling this situation to Blizzard so they are forced to come up with a solution and fix this.

The best one so far is to make a dedicated channel for boosting and ban advertise boosting for gold in trade.
There can be better solutions but so far i havent read of any other better then this.

Until that happens: Badboy

1 Like

There are so many reasons why this is bad, another thing blizzard can do is just banning these advertisements by non-guild/individual entities without banning boosting itself…

The problem is these boosting communities that run like pyramid schemes and recruit anyone and everyone to advertise for them (and bring in more members) for a kickback. They are the ones that contribute to the spam, and the are drowning out the efforts of guilds who used to look for buyers independently.

One thing I fail to understand is why they work around these filters. The people who filter them out won’t buy a boost anyway. If they weren’t bypassing the filters, I’d probably just ignore them (thanks to the filter).
In the current situation, I report a boost post on sight.

I do the same to.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.