Old content scaling problems - Game Director has answered

Well we remember differently then.

But if you check Wowhead for example there is a comment from 5.4 which states that LK is still hard for a bunch of lvl 90 players.

They were likely talking about achievements. One of the achievements requires prolonging the fight tremendously, with ramping up damage.

Nop. Plain kill.

Also there is a huge difference between what is doable, and what’s doable for the crowd. Rextroy solod Nyalotha bosses in BFA, yet you can’t solo Legion bosses.

Right. Now let’s see what changed this time. I can solo Legion bosses on this level 50 and could do this even easier in BFA. But I cannot solo the same Legion bosses on my level 60. How on earth is this “nothing changed, always has been that way”??? Ion lied.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Warlords was easily soloable during Legion. Maybe not at the very start but after gearing up reasonably well even in 7.0 you could go in to Warlords and do things solo, outside of one or two bosses in certain raids that were a bit iffy to deal with.

Edit: Same goes for BfA actually. At the start you could reasonably solo the raids on lower difficulties for Legion, only ones that posed a problem were the final tier ones and higher difficulties, but as the expansion progressed it became far easier to do.

Only now it seems like it’s nearly impossible to solo anything, because… Shoddy scaling, I will say.

1 Like

You dont understand. OP plays with adaptation and only doe BGs and old content.

Dude lives in his own bubble.

Except they were soloable already in BFA, lmao. Then came the prepatch and they weren’t soloable any longer.

2 Likes

exactly ^^^

1 Like

I soloed and farmed my heroic nighthold transmog in s1/s2 of bfa. And also soloed the first 4 mythic bosses. On a healer spec :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It would definitely be a walk over now in shadowlands :thinking:

1 Like

The first boss in mythic on nighthold now takes ages to kill.

I did mythic NH the last 2 weeks with 4 players. That was quite easy though :slight_smile: But i suppose it should be way easier and soloable.

its the scaling. they are always breaking things when it comes to numbers. it really is just like they cant do math :frowning:

9.0 broke legacy farming.
7.3.5 broke legacy farming.
im fairly sure there was something at the end of Wod which made legacy farming harder.

but i believe people are mainly talking about soloing LEGION raids, not BfA ones. so please stop saying we’re not meant to solo last expansion.

it has been known for some time that there is a scaling bug when it comes to legacy raiding:

He would get far more credit if he said … This is now our intention to make running old content harder. It is by design, we know not everyone likes it and will listen to constructive feed back. Instead he looks like an [word] pretending nothing has changed and it is no different to the past.

I really enjoy farming old raids, and spent a lot of time in BfA building an army of 44 level 120 alts mainly for the purpose, they are all useless apart from my main now (whom I can finally beat Mythic Gul’dan on again at 212 ilvl.

Be honest with us, you’ll get much more respect.

1 Like

To naysayers in this thread:

1. It’s about soloing legion raids, not BFA raids…

2. Legion raids have an X8 damage multiplier.

3. WOD raids have an X122 damage multiplier.

4. The scaling reduced our damage level by X20

5. It means we do 40% of the damage on Legion raids now, that we did before the pre-patch.

6. The Legion legacy buff being X8 while our damage was reduced by X20 means that it didn’t even offset the scaling done to us.

7. And no, the HP of the Legion mobs was NOT scaled down.

8. It means that with the Legion legacy “buff” we’re still doing less damage to Legion raids than we did before the pre-patch!

9. Yes, the scaling is off and not in a good way for us.
    If they didn’t scale us and we simply level’d up, we’d have had more damage the natural way against Legion raids, even if there was absolutely no legacy buff!

6 Likes

OK, on that, I went to wowhead and read the comments.

Yes, there is a comment from some guy from 5.4 who says that yeah, we went in thinking Arthas would be easy but this was not the case (and presumably they wiped). But there are no details and in all likelihood these noobs just didn’t know the fight and killed each other using Defile.

Now, if you scroll further, you will see this comment from 5.1:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=36597/the-lich-king#comments:id=1782434

“I know it’s been soloed many times (hell it was soloed long before MoP) but here’s how we did him in a duo with a more simple and in-depth explanation. […]”

Do you see the “I know it’s been soloed many times”? Do you see that the patch is 5.1? Yes, the guy is describing how to duo, but that’s because he finds it simpler (same like some mythic Antorus bosses were simpler in a duo rather than solo even though they were soloable in BFA) and because his gear is sh**, he just leveled up.

So, yeah, let’s stop these stories about LK being somehow super-hyper-hard in MoP. It went soloable in Cata and in MoP it was soloable by anyone with just a bit of gear.

A little further down, a comment from 5.4: “EDIT3: 42 kills and the mount is mine!” That’s 42 weeks, almost a year of killing this guy. All solo. GG

1 Like

So what is the problem? This was the same in previous expansion. In Legion I couldn’t solo WoD stuff, in BfA I couldnt solo Legion stuff.

You cry over this and unsub?

“So by the end of Shadowlands, you should be able to kill the legion raid bosses fairly easily-- might not be able to one shot them, but you will be able to. When that time comes the majority of players will be able to go back farming legion content, and even BFA, perhaps with a small group of people.”

Good for me!

If you need to watch a guide, to solo a raid boss then it’s not easy.

Not asking to solo BFA raids. Asking to solo Legion raids. Pay attention.

(And in BFA, I actually could solo Legion stuff. Lots of it.)

2 Likes

Same story tbh, nothing wrong with what he said. People cry over anything these days, and threaten with unsub, it’s laughable. Then unsub.

You got no friends to quickly do a Legion raid with?

Did you even read the thread?

Let me list the order of the expansions in case you’re unaware.

We first have our base game - Classic
The Burning Crusade
Wrath of the Lich King
Cataclysm
Mists of Pandaria
Warlords of Draenor
Legion
Battle for Azeroth
Shadowlands

Guess what, what you listed is:

and

We’re talking about 2 expacs prior, not 1 expac, we’re not talking about BFA raids being soloable.

Can you be less dense or less ignorant?

Nobody cares that you don’t give a crap, trust me.

4 Likes