Old content scaling problems - Game Director has answered

aye my inital post was aimed at

ofcourse afterwards Legions problems came up which i werent aware of the OP was Stating outrage at BFAs content difficulty. i werent aware theres a actual problem with legions content.

hmm. I don’t believe them. This sounds like a parent saying “We’ll see…”.
It’s a stalling tactic. If they lose enough subs in the mean time and they wish to halt the exodus they’ll suddenly find that the legacy buff can be tweaked to improve player enjoyment of legacy content.
I don’t necessarily need it to be one-shot. But soloable, so transmogs, mounts, pets and the like can be farmed. I remember farming Naxx during MOP for the transmog I’m wearing now. The belt came from Patchwerk, I couldn’t solo it so I needed to bother my friend to help me. I helped him solo some other things so he didn’t mind but the fact I had to bother him every week for a belt transmog wasn’t cool.

2 Likes

People please, I’m trying to be more clear now. I admit that name of the topic is not the best. I wrote it like that, because there are many other threads on EU and mostly on US forums about the scaling issue after SL launch.

I am a 99% solo player. I have a small guild, but we all do play mostly solo, very rarely doing some group content. Why? Because we are from different parts of the world, different free time to play due to our jobs and families, but mostly because we just like to enjoy the world on our own. Some of us just love leveling new toons, some of us like pet battles, most of us enjoy collecting “all the things” you can collect solo at your pace.

During BFA everything was just ok from my point of view. People were worried that level squish will affect the legacy content, but we were assured by Blizz that this is not going to happen.

After SL launch I leveled my pally to 60 looking forward to solo old content easily since I got 10 more levels and some basic gear. What a surprise! It was not easier, it was even harder, and even older content than legion took much longer than at 50 or 120. So all you who are defending Blizz, how is that possible that my lvl 50 not geared alts can do better in old instances than my lvl 60 main with no completely trash gear?

If you look back they even hotfixed it for content 40- (WoD, MoP etc.). So there is proof that it was broken even for much older content since they fixed it (by multiply our damage there). Why they left Legion and BFA behind? How could I know?

I bought SL and 6 months sub mainly for collecting things from older expansions, because I have not played since WoW started. I like to play like that. I don’t expect to be able solo current content, I don’t even want to. But why I could not solo the old content the same way that I was able during BFA? I am not that type of a player who stands in SW or Oribos and let everyone know how cool transmog I have and where i got it. I do it for myself because I like to have a good time ingame and for me this is well spent time :).

Now, when I don’t have any progress by leveling and even older instances take longer time than 10 levels down, why I can’t to post my opinion here. That is for what the forums are. Or not?

Or does that mean, that if I do not want to participate in current content that much, I have to be restricted from old content? Are my money for the game worse than money from the hardcore players?

I mean really. I just post here my feedback, and yes it is negative feedback, but that does not mean it is a bad feedback. I have some positive things to say too. I like mounts, zones, majority of quests, Blizz did a really good job creating this. I just don’t like that they lied to customers about some ways of play. Scaling is broken, they have problem to acknowledge that (not to say apologize for it) and I don’t like it, because it ruined the game for me. That’s why I won’t resub. It’s just the opinion, not crying. I pay the same money for the game as you Blizz defenders, so I have the same right to post my opinion here.

7 Likes

You can edit your title :wink:

Done :slight_smile: Hope it is less confusing.

3 Likes

I honestly think this is a worthy topic.

I think it’s ridiculous that they feel the way it is now is acceptable. They’ve actually made it harder. We were soloing more content before the changes. It’s just not good enough IMO.

9 Likes

That was due to the mechanic of the adds atracking the cannons. Once Blizzard adjusted it even DK’s with their Superman like running spoed were able to solo it. The rest of the raid was very easy to solo. I had the same problem with Normal Eonar in BfA.

Every boss upto her was a pushover.

Then the adds smashed her to bits while you were busy taking out the fel reaver.

1 Like

I could easily do legion raids in bfa , even couple uldir bosses with a 4 man group :smiley:
They made a cringe decision that will cost tons of money to them

2 Likes

comparing it to BFA is disingenuous at best and outright lying at worst. We are 2 expansions past Legion which means it should be easy to solo even at mythic level like how WoD was during the start of BFA.

This is blizzard either refusing to up the legacy buff that is currently on around a 8x or them knowing they broke the squish so badly but refusing to admit fault.

1 Like

Between human racial, BOP and Bubble - palas can afford to play adaptation.

Thats a top kek if ive ever been violentĂśy forced to use one

1 Like

This right here, PERFECT SAID. 100% the truth.

Translation of what he said: We won’t fix broken scalling caused by level squish.
Just wait till the end of shadowlands, so it’ll be super easy for you to do Legion content!
Yeah, right, because players are eager and willing to wait 1+ year in order to solo 2 expansions old content.
That’s is NOT what players expected… stick to your words and make raids soloable, if you’re at least 10 levels above them >.<
This is so insulting… They literally spit on our very faces with nonsense like that.
So, what next? They will scale content from all previous expansions to max level, so you have to once again do them in a group?

2 Likes

Just so many things here to agree with, I adore running old content esp for mogs I was unable to get at the time, rng and all of that … but meh, even legion is a slog these days - dmg on raid bosses is a joke comparable to before and so forth. They give us new content but then restrict it timegating etc etc, least let us do old content without issue.

funny thing is that they said the squish would not effect anything they lied once again pre squish we could easily solo this crap in bfa gear

Not only this, but the squish messed up the really old raids as well. It is just a minor inconvenience, but somethings is wrong if my warrior went from one shotting the bosses at lvl 50 to most bosses taking 2 hits at lvl 51. Shouldn’t the character be getting stronger instead of weaker when gaining levels and moving to a new expansion?

Friends? My friends leave this game in Draenor and never come back because everything is timagated and have more grind than Tibia.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.