Old Essence grind in 8.3 for new/returning players

I was thinking about new or returning players, or even alts, that have to grind their best essences before they can start doing serious content, and a lot of ppl do not want to go through all that so they just wont play 8.3, so Blizz will lose a lot of players.

I think a way to fix it is, to give every character in 8.3, a free major essence of their choice, or maybe even a better way is to make the major essence like how talents work, but for ur neck, as in, you can pick whatever major you want without the need to grind for it, only reason to grind is for minor essences.

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Are you also going to give me full mythic set for 8.3? So i dont have to spent time getting gear befor i can jump into seriois content?

9 Likes

Depends on what you mean with serious content tbh, iris/condensed are like the stronges AOE/ST essences for most specs, not much to grind there.

No, since that’s something completely different, u could get ur full mythic gear basically the first day of 8.3, essences for new players will take weeks depending on which one.

1 Like

Tbh I think Blizzard should just give up on trying to make BFA more accessible. Just everything about it is off-putting to returning/new players and changing essences won’t make them return.

What they should do it focus that effort on Shadowlands.

4 Likes

I think getting them takes atleast 3 weeks also, Condensed Life force I’m not sure, could be more or less, but as a new or returning player I doubt you can just jump in EP and get Aqueous Reliquary from every boss on every difficulty, even if you could, it probably still takes ages.

Meh, crucible is just fine as ST for most classes, personally dont think people should progress raid on a newly dinged character anyways.

But Shadowland is still far away, probably a year or something.

Mhmm, but people won’t be as interested in coming back late in an expansion anyway.

Best way to get people playing in on xpac launch.

1 Like

You get the ranks 1 from the introduction questline and rank 2 from weekly vision quest for iirc 2 essences in 8.3

Does it count ? (Rank 3 requires exalted rep iirc but 8.2 rep essences had their requirements reduced by 50%)

I think an alternative unlock token, a bypass, would be a great idea. Allowing players to instantly unlock rank 3 of any essence using a consumable item.

Since Crucible is free, let’s allow it for two slots. Let’s also grant one of these tokens from a quest line in the new content. The second token could be bought with gold from the Tortollan Emissary. ‘A Collected Forgotten Essence’. 10K gold/revered, something like that.

This way, anyone who comes back will not instantly hate the game and anyone wanting to re-roll can do so.

1 Like

First azerite grind and gear grind then essence grind. Now I know why my guildmates stop playing until shadowlands.

4 Likes

Reference: latest preach gaming video

1 Like

Hmm no. Essences are part of your character progression, I don’t see a reason to give them for free. You will get ranks 2 in a week. They are totally fine to do “serious content”. And I am saying this as someone with fresh alt.

If players want to return for 8.3 they got plenty of time to farm essences before it goes live.

3 Likes

This is MMORPG i play it for character progression which stays and does not gets deleted next day i log in for sake of ??

As majority of paying customers who are subbed nonstop buy pets/mounts aka you could call me whale i enjoy being it MMORPG and not quick game of overwatch/league of legends without any more progresson beyond that.

Why they should cater to someone who does not play and compared to me is small fish?

I am pretty sure people who play put time/effor to achieve something are more valuable customers in MMORPG for long term as this genre is than someone who does spent 1/10 of our time /is not subbed even closed as we are ?

So tell me why someone who is not playing should get something for free?

I just palyed overwatch after few years /flex 5 games and i am gold /clap me i play tank D VA and Reinhard ±

1 Like

Just make them account wide and everyhing is fine. No idea why blizz is so stubborn about this

7 Likes

Said someone who plays?

Do you realize you are level 120 and your logic can be applied on everything?

Ye what a NONSENSE GEAR AND CHARACTER progression in MMORPG REEEEEEEEEE!

Perhaps they should paly quick game of overwatch/league of legends without this “grind”.

Waaait a minute you have to “grind” in league of legends to unlock champions!
Never mind stick with overwatch!

1 Like

Becouse it ruins char. progression? What will be next? Accoun wide itemlvl? Account wide mythic gear? This just shows that some people play wrong type of game.

3 Likes

I totally agree. Make the essences account wide.

6 Likes

Should have make it as legion legendaris even you hated RNG who played had them on all chars!