Old Scholomance

Well done for bringing back this iconic instance.

However a bit disappointed there is no mini guide in-game/stalker quest-giving NPC (or have I missed it somewhere?) instead, I have to refer to WoWhead, once again, in order to know where to start and what to do.

Same goes for the T3 crafting addition.

There’s no map?

And there was no quest giver in there before except the Sarkhoffs and (undead and living) Barovs (In Cataclysm).

That was the point. Blizz didn’t announce it’s return, it was datamined. It was a secret for the players to find, and we did.

Yest when the patch hit for US servers the secret- finding discord was abuzz with activity. I saw some findings happening live like the candles and later today I saw someone get the Naxx mount for the first time.

Not everything has to be with handholding.

1 Like

No it doesn’t, but can we at least get a starting point? I’m fine with figuring out the rest if they wanna keep it super secretive and alluring.

I tend to discover most of these things via Wowhead, I have to admit.

so its soloable or with 5man party?

Why wouldn’t it be soloable?

dunno cause its new ‘‘old content’’ mb?

Eh, afaik, it’s the exact same Scholomance we had before they updated it in MoP, so no changes has been made. See it as former level 45 dungeon from Cata (60 pre-Cata). Just go in and smashy smashy for transmog.

aye:) at the moment servers still down ;p

I knoooow - and I was just about to get last item to unlock Old Scholo. ;_;

what you mean to unlock?if im remember correctly the original scholo at the start of vanilla was a mini raid with 10bosses.they change it after a while.

To get access to the old Scholomance (not the MoP version), you have to do some things.

ah to get the bag of horrors from new scholo and go to the old one u mean?

You’re right, there was none of that even before those times. But the old tired system does not make much sense in 2023, when so many other conveniences are available.

1 Like

Are you saying there’s no map within the dungeon?

Or is it about no ‘‘quest’’ that tells you how to unlock the old dungeon?

Does anyone know if the old dungeon set pieces are obtainable from old Scholomance? Valor pieces etc.

I find it strange that it just uses the new Scholomance map rather than the original one.

They weren’t in Cataclysm either, so I’d assume no.

Oh I see, they removed the dungeon set pieces before the MOP revamp? I can’t even remember what happened to those pieces or why they stopped dropping.

we gotta start and farm righteous orbs guys

1 Like