On "check-pvp.fr"

You can hide all your characters? Lol

You can stop third parties using the API to see your characters.

never in any of my BfA pvp activitites i have encountered this…
not sure this site has anything to do with that…
i am confused

1 Like

I assumed it was a joke.

oh hey there, long time no see :slight_smile:

on topic: this site seems fine to me, it didnt find all my alts, but shows 2 of them with my highest CR and generally gives overview of what i earned on this account

it didnt find my priest who i got some cr for mogs as well, but found lock with which i’ve never played in arenas. So it can be improved.

Yeah, on the official WoW website go to account > settings > Privacy and turn off ‘GAME DATA AND PROFILE PRIVACY’ (RIO won’t show your score, however.)

Then no 3rd party websites can use your data. There’s SO MANY intrusive 3rd party sites out there, it’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

I don’t really care about it
Since disabled any 3rd party site to acces my Blizz data… so whatever

1 Like

Who cares? My characters that I actively play are already linked to my paladin on rio so anyone that checks them up on rio would see they’re connected to my paladin.

1 Like

We shouldn’t have to explicitly hide our characters… since it is not obvious this data is available to the third-party websites. (well, the fact they can track your alts somewhat i mean) - besides, blizzard doesn’t show them either right?

and i DO care! '-.-

2 Likes

Those who want to be completely anonymous can hide their API from being shared in their account. But be warned no third party site will work anymore.

1 Like

Warcraftlogs?

The logs uploaded are theoretically from combat logs and not pulled from the API but it probably can’t generate a profile page for you with any data.

However sites like wowhead profiles, raider io, wowpgrogress etc can’t pull your data.

1 Like

It cross references achievements. You can do this manually.

A hot take is that only people that try to play bush tactics complain about being outed.

People rely too much on that page, lmao.

Had some guy a while back argue that I had never been at 2.2k and said I’m lying about it because he couldn’t find that character on that page. Posted on the character I was at 2.2k at and he just reverted to goal post moving instead.

3 Likes

You have to check your character atleast once for it to be listed under “alts”

2 Likes

Ahhh the classical “I’m higher rating than you” argument never goes anywhere haha.

• “You’re not even 1400 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even 1600 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even 1800 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even 2000 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even 2200 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even 2400 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even 2600 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even 2800 rating scrub”
  • “You’re not even rank 1 nub”
  • “You’re not even a multi-glad lmfao”
  • “You haven’t even compete in tournaments”
  • “You haven’t won BlizzCon”

What’s next? “You aren’t a WoW Developer, noob!”

To be honest, It’s mostly initiated by those who only got high rating (or boosted) just to inflate their ego and flex, but these days (especially in BFA) rating hasn’t got much charm to it, you know, with how broken corruptions were/are, essences, azerite, etc.

1 Like

“nothing personal, kid”

oo, that’s actually a gucci site.

" checked by 11 people "

Even shows my retribooter copy I made when the retribooter multiplying scandal happened and I joined in on the fun :smiley:

I guess you can check a person’s popularity by the amount of people checking them!

13 now! You made me look! :rofl:

1 Like

from what i understand, your character will no longer be searchable on warcraft logs, i believe you will still appear in logs but there will be no profile for your character created without your consent.

for example if you search for me, I do not exist