On "check-pvp.fr"

It only shows chars that have arena/rbg progression. This tool is only to check if you played against alt or whatever. We also use it to check if someone from LFG doesn’t lie about exp/cr.

And if you want to be safe from it just add variation of a or o letter that people don’t know how to type. Only tryhards will be bothered to check you xD

1 Like

Couldn’t care less about it tbh. I post on numerous alts, and openly admit who I am on them.

If people want look at up my characters I just look at it as a compliment. They’ve cared enough to type my name into a third-party site to see who I REALLY am :heart_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

People trade nude pictures of their alts ?
da hell :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t care if someone looks at my characters from there. If someone gets some sort of pleasure from it then go ahead.

Some Roleplayers love using this site for hunting down your alts if you even once disagree with them about anything, it’s not a big deal until the purpose is for harassment which often happens when they use this tool, my searches on this character went from 2 searches to like 33 in the span of 24 hours for going against a bunch of peoples delusional posts on forum thread 3 months ago.

I’ve figured out you can combat these type of websites by disabling the 3rd party data option in account settings, so if you’re ever concerned about websites like these do it, then the search feature no longer works :slight_smile: I did it and now the website just gives a 404 error.

1 Like

I’ve been checked out by 41 people :open_mouth:

1 Like

Wrong. It used to show a level 10 char of mine (until I hid it), which had neither arena nor RBG progression.

It never happened to me though

Check me: https://check-pvp.fr/eu/Argent%20Dawn/Tinkspring - it currently shows my shammy alt, who has no RBG or Arena progress, isn’t even max level. The only “progress” it has is account-wide achievements. Which is how the site finds alts.

Lol xD It’s hilarious

I don’t think any third party website should have any information about me without my permission. I shouldn’t have to log in to a website I have never used to stop it from showing my information.

1 Like

If I understood the ToS correctly.

Your account and characters belong to blizzard, not you and as such this isn’t your information its theirs.

Think of your sub as a driving license.

I still think a website shouldn’t display anything unless I have given permission.

Pretty sure you hit the I agree button on the ToS.

For blizzard, not any other website.

This is the case indeed but one could argue that activity on the account is information about the user not about Blizzard or character themselves. Character do not play arenas on their own nor does Blizzard use them for that.

You have given it permission by having “game data sharing” on in your bnet account settings. In this post Punyelf explains how to turn it off.

1 Like

:smile: 42. brings a towel

edit: 11 people looked me up. :sweat_smile: kinda weird to know that now.

1 Like

I hadn’t even spotted that it tells you until it was mentioned :rofl:

Here, have one from me too.

1 Like

I heard people on Argent Dawn use this to track people they don’t like because of some paranoid desire to “Purge the Unclean”, when they don’t like someone and the cabal wants them to be excommunicated like some fraternity, only with more soy and self-righteousness.

So I can see it being a bit of a bother. Hopefully options on disabling API stuff is enough to keep stuff like that hidden.

3 Likes