Oom before killing/dying

So now with this change people are running oom and resorting to auto attacks/wands to finish fights. Blizzard revert this PvP change and stop listening to all the crying people who constant this forum. Thank you.

13 Likes

50% dmg reduction is tooooo much

15-25% would be fine

8 Likes

while they are at it, please reconsider the idea to add this dmg reduction as a blanket. its going to cause massive issues.

add 10% dmg reduction (player dmg only) for 2 set pvp bonus and add another 10% for 5 set.

add 5% crit resistance to 5 set IF needed, but start slow.

5 Likes

Im really asking myself if you guys did even read the blue post properly…

You might wanna look up what the word “testing” means.

The aura will be disabled on the next reset where they will likely look at the feedback and either add adjustments or throw away the Idea all togheter.

3 Likes

You are right. perhaps we are all overreacting a bit.

we are providing feedback based on said bluepost and testing.
blizzard literally asked us to let them know if we like/dislike it, and currently there’s yet another divide split right down the middle.

some people love this (likely because they play a class who can heal) and other people absolutely hate it (likely because they do NOT play a class who can heal).

this is what happens when blizzard just sledgehammer their way towards balance, i mean come on, 50% (OR MORE)?.. start at 20% (even this is a a high number) and adjust from there, like a person who has got a clue… like wtf. there is no excuse for this sort of incompetence. these are supposed to be smart people.

Im talking about how everyone seems to treat this currently as a permanent addition to the game instead of it being something that will be gone next reset, there are multiple posts like this and I doubt most people bothered to read the full blue post.

I dont have a problem with theyr opinions im mostly on the same page (alltough I do enjoy to be finally able to fight other classes as a warrior without dying in 3 seconds) but idk man this is kinda ridiculous how people react right now…

fair enough. you are right about that. perhaps we could (should) tone it down from 11 to maybe a 6.

i do see some pretty foul language’d complaints aimed directly at the dev team, and while i understand that they’ve made some bad decisions that justify some outrage, i do think literally calling them idiots etc. is a step too far.

sometimes peoples passion boil over to rage, and people really ought to practice some more self control - not just in regards to WoW but in life in general.

The aura should be selective to certain spells that are clearly OP in pvp, certain classes were struggling before and this only exaccerbates the problem. Overall the blanket approach is a certain way of tackling the problem, i dont think its necessarily the best way. Deff feels like it needs more tweaking.

Two things, hard look at healing in pvp to prevent raid bosses and healer META like P1 which was really bad and made pvp unbalanced
Hard look at how pvp actually feels on classes and class specific tweaks to spells and the dmg output they do in pvp soo its all more rounded and balanced, and buffing the underperforming specs/classes soo its overall fun for all and not a global burst clownfest.

This will definitely take more effort than a blanket approach but it would be the best solution imho in the long run

THAT BEING SAID; the incompetence on display from the devs here is pretty astonishing, and that’s the reason for the foul language… its pretty unreal, and that’s what get people mad.

its the same thing with the 20% flat AP to spirit of the alpha, like of course people are going to get mad, because even on paper that’s ridiculous, even moreso to send it live.

sorry for posting twice, but for some reason there’s a restriction on my ability to edit my posts. /shrug

the problem with that is; who gets to decide what’s “clearly OP” in pvp?

you’re just opening up the pandoras box of favoritism with that.

to class A ability X might be considered OP while class B has ability Z that literally nullifies ability X.

who gets to make the call on whether its OP or not?..

Incompetence is a big word imho and shouldnt be thrown around like that.

I personally would call a good chunk of people participating in pvp incompetent as well.
Ive never seen that many people that are THIS bad at classic pvp and most seem to be either unwilling in trying to adapt to a change or are just not good enough to utilize theyr classes toolkit.

How I see it is this is a really small team that probably lacks experience.
I mean if this is the same team since 2019 then they didnt have to do any balancing up until this point at all not even accounting the fact how unbalanced vanilla is to begin with.

And just look in this forum its mostly the same 10-15 people complaining about kind of everything. If the Global Aura currently wouldnt have been strong at all people would still throw around words like “incompetent” or “idiots”.

Thats one of the reasons why the devs are reluctant in using the official wow forums as a platform for feedback and instead just use theyr own twitter accounts to gauge how players feel about everything.

I dont wanna say that they have been doing a perfect job here or anything but idk if people wanna be heard give normal feedback without needing to result to insults as so many people here do.

incompetence: failing to live up to a reasonable standard as expected by the average person in a field where you’re supposed to be professional.

its not the same as calling someone an idiot.
one is calling out objective fact, and the other is a personal attack.

btw. i am posting on this character (its me potato) because my priest avatar has “reached its maximum posts per day for a new account”… which curiously enough, is also pretty incompetent on blizzard’s end as my account is 20 years old… only my character in SOD which i was posting on is “new”.

Lol.

Maybe blizzard should look up what a “live” version of a product is

I’m not paying a sub to play a PTR

They have mentioned multiple times that SoD will be of an “experimental nature” so we kind of got what they advertised.

to be fair to blizzard, they said well before going in that this would basically be like a beta.
they didn’t lie to you bro, this is what you signed up for, just like the rest of us.

a fine tuning for all classes would be better we all know who are the most opressive classes in bgs give them higher dmg nerf and smaller to the other classes i dont have mana on my mage to kill 1 person now so i just went healer

well that would be the hard way to go about it.
blizzard doesn’t like it when it gets hard. hence the blanket approach.

i understand them though, because changing up too many classes on an individual level can also throw the game out of balance.
its obvious they are trying to find a 1-button solution to the burst meta, but frankly that’s just not possible.

this is a problem they should have foreseen when designing gear and runes going into SOD.
it all went wrong in BFD when they made the gear from there equal or better than lvl 40-50 gear, sending us all to the moon and back (some more than others hint hint) when it comes to our damage output.

my lvl 46 priest is running around in BFD gear and trash greens clapping other classes that are rocking full bis, and don’t even get me started on my shaman lol.

i got way more than i bargained for, as a shaman player, when i went into SOD.
i was expecting “viability” but honestly, i they have given me way too many tools for me to even call this shaman a “classic” shaman.

i just wanted some survivability in pvp and a buff to my pve damage (and remain a 2handed class!!!) but they threw all that i used to know out of the window and said “you get to be a god this time around”.

sadly, this now lumps me in as a trash fotm reroller, when this couldn’t be further from the truth.
i played enhancement shaman when it was dog in 2019-2021 hand of ragnaros and everything. i played it when it was dog in 2004-2009 and i still play it now.

this is the first time people have ever gotten on my case about playing an “OP” class to “compensate for my lack of skill”.
i have come into this game with a bloody axe to grind, particularly when it comes to warrior players whom shall not be forgiven the sins of the past nor those of their fathers before them. i remember every single “yikes” that was thrown my way when i would tell people what spec i played and every single yikes will be avenged with the wrath of a thousand earth shocks.

No, this would completely destroy pve gear in pvp. very bad idea. This is classic vanilla, not competitive tbc/wotlk

bro that’s sort of the point.
it wouldn’t work like resilience but it would increase your survivability flat out without making pve gear irrelevant in pvp. you can still stack pve gear for bigger numbers, but you’ll take a hit to your own survivability as a tradeoff.
this tradeoff would not be anywhere near as absurd as it is in TBC/WOTLK where pve gear in pvp is quite literally irrelevant to the point of being a self-nerf due to the existence of resilience gear.

resilience does multiple things, its not just a flat dmg reduction, which is what i am proposing… there’s like 5 different components to resilience to factor into the equation.