Open Firemaw for players with level 70 characters on the server

Title explains it all really. You can create characters on the server but you can’t transfer, it makes no sense. Is gold transfering from other servers the issue? Cap the amount of gold you can transfer to Firemaw to 500g or something. Cheap BoE items and mats being transfered is the problem? Deny transfering of all BoE items. The tools exists already, open it up now!

4 Likes

There is no reason to lock transfers for Firemaw veterans. The classic team is just incompetent and always have to do stuff wrong to annoy the playerbase.

2 Likes

Just noticed this too when i was suppose to migg a char from a dead server to firemaw where i have all my 70s… Brian Birmingham and his team are doing so well atm… l o l, resign please

Yes, and it’s even worse that the character transfers are on sale now and we can’t use them. Watch them ‘fix’ this problem in the future and then we have to pay full price for all transfers.

What do you mean there is no reason?

Firemaw is the last semi balanced PVP servers with solid active horde and alliance core.

If Firemaw is open there will transfer ALOT alliance to Firemaw the faction balance will shift rapidly to 70% 30% and the horde will start moving away.

Stormwind gets raided multiple times a week for example so does Ogrimmar.

I mean it’s fine if they open Firemaw for only horde players until 50/50 and then close it again.

5 Likes

I can’t wait wotlk release to see flaming asses from fireman again

We are talking about VETERANS who already play a long time on firemaw and have 70’s there. We can make new characters no problem but can’t transfer any which doesn’t make sense since we can only play 1 character a time so it doesnt impact server population AT ALL.

1 Like

About what?

World PVP?

I am a day 1 Firemaw Andy, never flamed on this forum about world PVP.

My best memories on Firemaw are because of world pvp.

If you get ganked because of 3v1 just bring 3 guildies and gank them. Easy.

1 Like

It is a technical limitation of the current transfer system. Don’t get your hopes up on for a quick (or slow) fix

Im glad they locked it, serves you all right for being sheep and transferring onto 1 faction haha

It’s not a limitation. They already have gold caps on transfers and they can change said cap freely. They can check if the transfering character have mail in their mailbox, they can check if the character is leader of an arena team and they are definitely able to do something similar to that as:

if (character.contains(BoE item))
charactertransfer = false;
else
charactertransfer = true;

they can 100% do it, just too lazy

You can’t transfer to a server that is flagged as locked, nothing more to it. I’m not saying it’s logical but I’m guessing that if a fix is on someones to do list it’s all the way at the bottom since there is only 1 locked server in classic and retail afaik.

Oh look another thread on this. I’ll give the same answer I gave in the other threads about this.

I don’t think Blizzard have the capability to filter transfers by another characters level.

If they are able to filter character creation based on the account having a character already on the server, then they are able to filter based on having a character at level 70 already on the server.

it just sucks the server is locked for this long. I can’t even play with my friends without transfering away.

1 Like

That’s one leap of logic there.

Dont get your hopes up at all, lol. Imagine blizzard will leave firemaw closed till wrath

I think 3-4 months into wrath at least. A lot will come back for the launch.

Sweet summer child, they would probably not open transfer there untill the end of Wrath.

And only when guilds will start clearing ICC 25 HM and leaving the project, with all severs losing their populations, Blizzard would give transfer to Firemaw to find guilds who will kill Lich King for thouse who were lagging behind, before dying project closes.

Yeah lets f***up the good population, because ‘muh veterans’.