Orc Roleplayers: What Clan does your Orc hail from and why?

Your orc seems a little short.

1 Like

Jumping in on this laughing skull RP discussion to say the reason why I chose the laughing skull and the way I wish more people would portray them as is, as other people have already said, the fact that they’re not all zany loonies who belong in an asylum, as really the NPCs never go as over the top as some Rpers do, but instead I love the idea of a clan that’s cast aside the societal norms set by orcs and therefore can be considered mad, because that was how they managed to survive and overcome their environment.

The Laughing Skull may be seen as mad but they’re not raving lunatics, they have reason behind acting the way they do and can think as rationally as any other orc, they’re not automatically a bunch of dribblers. Not to mention they’re the only clan to have had a completely self sustainable food source by robbing the plants and methods of the botani. Basically Laughing Skull > stinky Blackrock.

Edit: Basically laughing skull orcs can and should be much more than 2D comedy relief characters, especially considering the fact that many of them have had to deal with botani abducting and making flesh puppets of their own kind, the Primals encroaching on their homes, and attempted destruction by and intense guerilla warfare with the Iron Horde. They’re hardened, not The Joker but an Orc.

16 Likes

Oyunbi was a green orc before (born in the camp, never knew her parents or anything) and i choose to roleplay her as an oracle, my mate helped me find her clan and i liked the Bleeding Hollow.
There was not much reasons because of the lack of informations about the Bleeding Hollow, i didn’t use it in roleplay much at that time.
I learn more about Bleeding hollow with Wod, and i really liked them for what they where before turning “bad” : Extreme survivor in a jungle full of danger. They know their environment, the beast and plants that you should avoid or not, they are more savage than the “big” clans.
And for the blood magic. If used with caution, of course.

I’ve decided to change her to mag’har with Bfa (The skin with painting was too tempting), and with that, i’m not sure what to do with her story so far. She can’t have gone from green to brown like that so i need to change some things : she is coming from Outland, born just before the dark portal, never really knew her clan appart from stories.
The clan i choose for her is not the big part of the character, it’s more a part of her heritage she wants to honor.

Really good discussion, it’s interesting to read all !

Laughing skull aren’t mad… they have a different culture.

You see them as mad because their views conflict with yours… that said if you make a laughing skull take into account you likely find customs of other orcs weird.

2 Likes

Bleeding Hollow, because we’re ‘bloody’ good! Get it? I’ll see myself out.

Surprised there aren’t as many Bleeding Hollow orcs out there, especially considering it was one of the bigger orc clans that made up a lot of the Horde’s troops.

Bleeding Hollow orcs were jungle fighters, which mixed their tribal fighting with blood magic. I try to preserve a bit of the clan’s lore with my orc still, even though most clans have been diluted in to one single entity.

2 Likes

Frakhorn’s better half is or rather were a Bleeding Hollow and fluidly adopted the rites of Primalsong Tribe with that of the Bleeding Hollow rites despite what little information there were before WoD on the subject.

Shame the player behind her isen’t active anymore.

Though of Frostwolf parentage, Lo’garn was effectively an orphan from a young age, born in Shattrath. He was taught and raised by draenei in his early years. He learned about his clan, but feels too far removed at this stage to consider himself part of them.

The one with the Banshee in it. As so many others do.

Shattered Hand Represent!
I love reading some of these stories and character backgrounds. I’ll try to brief, or this will be a mountain size wall of text why I love my clan of choice!

I wish I could say I’ve loved the shattered hand and Kargath especially ever since I first saw them in Wc2, I did not find out more about the clan until later during tbc.
My first orc toon on this server was a more green and older version of Grumthar, I had a hard time deciding back then wich clan I would pick. I choose shattered hand in the end, even though their lore did not have as much info of their culture like the Warsong, Frostwolf or Blackrock. but I think it was this mystery that brought my interest to it.

So before the clan was retconned and given proper lore and background, my orc was a warrior from the shattered hand, and like all of his kin he had cut of one of his hands to prove himself to both clan and chief. It was hooked up on roleplaying a bladefisted warrior who picked fights at random just to swing that bladefist around. 4 Years I roleplayed him like this, took part in Rp pvp campaigns, guilds and overall it was awesome and given how very few shattered hand roleplayers were around back then, I kinda felt like one of a kind xD

The last year I kind of went a bit overboard and decided to cut off another hand of him and arm him with duel bladefists. So now being total handicapped made roleplay a lot more interesting and challenging to fight and do everyday things.

Then i did kill him off finnaly in the final event day of the siege of orgrimmar and i had an epic ending for him that i still don’t regret, then i moved on to other clans…And then I saw Lords of war.

So I remade Grumthar during WoD with all the new fresh lore about the clan that made me love it even more. Before WoD the clan’s only unique feature was cutting hands-off and replacing them with blades, but now after I saw they did it as an act of defying against ogre slavers and repeated as a tribute to the one who showed them how to fight back. I just loved how metal Kargath was in this new incarnation over an old one-eyed chieftain with a scythe blade for?

I find the clan much more interesting today and how they are so different, like the Laughing skulls from the other orc clans. instead of fighting for glory and honor, the clan fight to satisfy their sadistic urges to inflict pain and take it themselves because they believe it makes them stronger. I also love the gladiatorial themes of the clan. Currently, my orc spend most of his time-fighting in the arena in orgrimmar

Whoops, okay so I did promise not to do a wall of text buuut I’m a fan so deal with it! Keep them orcs comming!

3 Likes

Pullo was a camp baby and didn’t know his parents or his clan. He represents the modern Horde where it’s Orcs have homogenised in cultures and identity, or completely lost their clan cultures in the camps altogether.

In that sense Pullo’s clan is the Horde, and what he knows of those days are simply lost and forgotten. The history from those times becoming largely myths, hear say and white-washing.

8 Likes

Rushog here used to be a Burning Blade shaman back in the day before he got captured and basically indoctrinated by the Laughing Skull before the Horde was formed back in the day. He still has no memory of his time as a Burning Blade and is always confused whenever he sees visions of the ancestors because he doesn’t know who they are.

How is a MU Laughing Skull alive since they are all dead by now? Story for another time.

Warsong ofcourse.

Why, you ask?

Well, let me tell you.

Clears throat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

2 Likes

Bleeding Hollow.
Why? Because Bleeding Hollow are cool.
And because Warcucks is a overdone stereotype.

Ghrik here hails from the Frostwolf Clan. Being a runt, it was one of the only reasonable picks to… well, I’m sure most know what almost all other clans do to those. Besides that reason for picking it, I picked that clan for Ghrik because she’s a relative of another character who hails from the same clan; and it just fit the backstory.

…Although she’d rather adapt elven cultures than orcish ones, where suitable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.