Orc Roleplayers: What Clan does your Orc hail from and why?

Inspired by the Troll Thread found here: Troll RPers - What tribe do you RP as and why?

That thread had a lot of interesting replies for Trolls as a race and why folk like to explore the various tribes. I figure the Orcs with their Clans might be similar! Of course the majority of the clans merged to form the Horde that we know today but perhaps your orc is descended from one of the Clans.

For me I decided to roleplay as a Dragonmaw Orc as I wrote a guide for them. In the process of delving into their history and culture I grew to like them and with the idea of a Dragonmaw warband swirling in my head I finally went and created Kagryn!

On a note, most of my clan choices are because of WoD.

Frostwolf - the OG clan, nomads living in the cold climates with a wolf companion, also where Thrall comes from as does his parents and WoD represented the clan so well in Frostfire it made me want to roll one.

Laughing Skull - Again, warlords showed them as while not the most sane of clans, they are survivors in a land that either wants to turn them into plants or just straight up eat them. Plus Kaz is probably my favourite orc.

Shadowmoon - I have always liked Ner’zhul, especially in rise of the Horde and beyond the Dark Portal (I think that was his other book?) he was a tragic character in the 1st with how he lead the orcs down their demonic path because he got tricked by Kil’jaeden.

Then WoD came and the clan started messing with the void, so I just had to make a mag’har shadow priest.

EDIT: I desperately want a blackrock orc, just hard picking a class and getting a transmog that screams; “I’m a blackrock orc”

Bleeding Hollow. Ever since I saw Lords of War - Kilrogg I fell in love with them.
It’s not a famous orcish clan like Blackrock, Frostwolf or Warsong… and I suppose in a way that’s a plus side. There’s not many Bleeding Hollows out there and I felt like my character’s concept fit into the clans picture.

3 Likes

Shadowmoon. From Garadar.
Using the background from WoD. Peaceful, does not like fighting, loves the stars, and is deeply spiritual.

Also have a Bleeding Hollow born in Shattrath, learnt about his clan. Loves making venoms and poisons. Creates hallucinogenic toxins and the like.

1 Like

Krom comes from the blackrock clan, I also have a frostwolf and two shadowmoon orcs.

I started RP’ing on AD as a Scrub and I had that lovely blue Frostwolf tabard on Frak from the vanilla days, so ofcourse I had to be part of the scrub clan.

But he diden’t stay as a Frostwolf for long, becoming more aware with Primalsong and eventually becoming a fully fledged and loyal part of the Tribe.

At the time I began, I figured the Frostwolf clan was the goody two shoes and morally right orcs, I also thought Thrall was infallible and absent fault and that Garrosh was a complete bigot,

but thats about seven years ago now, and lots have changed since then.

2 Likes

Gor’kamp Axefang is a Frostwolf, as he took his mother’s birthright. Even though for long he was a simple Peon without any knowledge about his true identity or anything else, including his clan.
Now though he even lives in Alterac and wears his mother’s wolf.

However he has Shattered Hand heritage as well, as his father was one. Even though Shattered Hand isn’t an ancient clan and they were ogre slaves firsthand, therefore the clansmen’s Ancestry would be some other clan. I haven’t decided that one for Kump, but it’s probably Burning Blade or Blackrock.

Above all, he thinks clans should not be an instrument of division and separation, but other wise, and everyone should stand together, in the name of the Horde. :muscle:

I suggest Warrior or Shaman mainly.
Warrior has the Blackrock foundry mythic set and the Garrison set, which yell Blackrock, although more AU.
Dragon Soul and Firelands sets are fiery as well, and can fit, partially at least.

For Shaman, there are many fiery sets, like Serpentshrine cavern set and Nighthold Mythic set. PvP skin of Doomhammer goes well with them too. :slight_smile:

For weapons, BRF mythic weapons are quite fiery and fitting for them, although more for AU ones than MU. :fire:

2 Likes

Is there supposed to be any difference in the way MU and AU Orc Clans dressed, though?

I always assumed that, with small exceptions here and there, MU and AU Draenor Orcs were basicly the same in the way they dressed and the way their clans worked? :open_mouth:

And the difference only started to fade when the MU Orcs razed Draenor from its natural resources and then started to invade Azeroth, and that would be the reason why MU Orcs went for more “basic” armors and clothing…

Morgkha is from the Shadowmoon Clan, and from the main universe. I largely roleplay her as a Seer and more involved in the astrology aspect of exploring the past and future through the stars; she doesn’t like fighting and is relatively peaceful, though peaceful in the sense that she really just wants to be left alone. The Shadowmoon Clan largely fell into corruption and seems greatly diminished in the MU, so exploring the burden of having to continue traditions seemed very interesting to me.

I recently made a Dragonmaw Warrior, as well - she’s very much a blank slate, but I felt there’s a great deal to explore given the Clan’s very dark history with the dragons, many of them pledging loyalty to Illidan, many siding with the True Horde and Ironmarch; a clan that’s very much a shadow of itself in both numbers and purpose has a lot to explore. I expect a lot of her future development will revolve around whatever mount she decides to take.

My Warlock forgot what clan she was from. She doesn’t think any of it matters - given she’s well into her sixties, she has more things to be concerned about.

1 Like

Okiba–… Doesn’t know! He was born an orphan in internment! And it’s actually a key point in his character history that he genuinely has no idea what clan he heralds from.

…and truth be told, I’d have no idea which I’d want him to be.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. I did want a hunter however (even though I have a mag’har hunter already, that’s my frostwolf). Since I wanted to use the iron wolf.

I’ll think about it anyhow, i have enough to level at the moment.

1 Like

AU Blackrocks were far more industrial with the tech of Blackfuse Company, as they both were main crafters of Iron Horde tech.
So it also applies to their armor, even Blackrocks are quite the Blacksmiths either way.

3 Likes

I went fairly generic with my first Orc, Sengann Eyehammer (He doesn’t actually hammer eyes out, just a very skilled Archer) He’s a green skinned MU Frostwolf, Hunter, naturally, so I could tap into the Bonding with Wolves vibe they really showed in WoD, and also because I noticed on Brigante, there is an absolutely gorgeous set of green items, nowt special, that make a Frostwolf look pretty cool, same colour scheme and all as the Frostwolves in game wear. He’s in it on his Profile ‘Sengann’ on Argent Dawn. I saw that set when I had it on Brigs and went "Oh, now I so need to make a Frostwolf, that looks -perfect-

My new Orcy-boy, Kharnakh Battlesmiter, one of the new Mag’har, I wasn’t sure what to make him as, Some of the Orc Clans have such rich background and differences, again, it was a set of armour that made my decision for me, I saw the Mag’har Heritage set and went, ‘That is Warsong as anything!’ Given I’d already decided he was to be a Warrior, it was simple. He’s only level 40 though, so I just use the Starting Mag’har armour for RP.

2 Likes

Dragonmaw, for the very evident reason that Dragons. (I am a simple woman.)

3 Likes

Ohhhyeaaa… I forgot about the Blackfuse Company, my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

when i was an orc, i was from the flowerpicker clan

1 Like

I love reading the replies in this thread!

However I hate that its made me even more indecisive regarding whether my orc should be AU/MU as well as what clan they belong to.

Might just make his clan heritage a mystery.

That is for lore reason, for example.
Shadowmoon, joined the legion
Laughing skull, Became fel orcs/wiped out
Thunderlord, wiped out by the legion.

Don’t exist in the MU

Pretty sure they were wiped out by the Ogre Clans, and what refugees there were went to Blackrock Clan

apparently that and they also pissed off ner’zhul, my bad.