Orcs vs Humans

Blizz, please dont give up on the “Alliance vs Horde” concept, I know cross-faction queue helps the game and such but…I think lorewise we should keep this “divide”. Alliance and Horde identity is what is fundamental to Warcraft.

27 Likes

To be honest, every single time we got to a point when we realised we can only defeat the big baddie if the Horde and Alliance works together. So I don’t think being divided makes sense anymore not gameplay nor lorewise.

8 Likes

We had a gunship battle between the factions in ICC and the rest were all temporary ceasefires.

1 Like

Tbf at some point, when we kill bigger and bigger enemies, lore wise it only makes sense that we have to fight eachother at some point, bc we champions of azeroth are getting too op.
I think, even though legion was perceived well, it completely killed the lore afterwards

2 Likes

Im ok with a Dragonflight being an expansion were Alliance and Horde are at “peace”, first expansion that it happens actually.
But please, please bring Faction vs Faction conflict back at some point.
I already turned my eyes when I had to turn that quest to the Orc commander in the Waking Shores, don’t force me to be friends with my enemies.
Or at least give another dialogue option wich isn’t so friendly, it’s important for my character to be hostile and aggresive to the Horde.

6 Likes

For me as a hm tauren it has always been weird to first work with the Alliance, then against them in bfa and now we’re friends.

1 Like

To be honest at this point in time and everything that has happened between the Horde and the Alliance I feel like starting a new conflit feels unatural or rather stupid.
How many expansions started with a conflict and just ended up with the factions teaming up? Or at least some racial leaders that were teaming up?

BfA, oh boy Jaina is mad at the hordies. Ends up to team up forgiving everything because her brother said that Baine is chill.
SL, everyone team up to defeat the mad former warchief(again).

I feel that the factions still exists just for pvp, it just doesn’t make sense anymore for me regarding the lore.

5 Likes

Warcraft is long dead im afraid.

What Alliance and what Horde?

1 Like

Right, because the war that took a toll on people is so easily forgiven. Let’s all just hug it out and sing kumbaya beneat Teldrassil

Oh wait.

It’s really just because it’s bad writing.

1 Like

That is true.

I hope we get in the future smaller conflicts between specific civilizations instead of full fledged out war like in BfA.

Like let us have for example (armed) conflicts between Orcs/Trolls vs Human/Draenei again where other races like Nightelves and Bloodelves for example don’t really partake in.

I’d rather have no war than a badly written one.

5 Likes

I’d rather have no Warcraft than no war.

I welcome our alliance overlords and hope we will have many expansions of working together just as in this one. If I wanted no brain faction game I would go play classic.

1 Like

Agreed we should be at war. Or at the very least at each others throats. Reason why we team up and face big bad threats is because Blizz is too lazy to write seperate stories and villains for each faction.

I much preferred BfA where we were on Kul Tiras and the Horde were wherever they levelled.

A nuke was dropped, a genocide happened, but people don’t think the faction war is “believable” because of the bigger threats looming.

Incredible.

2 Likes

100% agree. Death to the horde!

4 Likes

Exactly. More often than not, the enemy gets to strike when divide and conquer is in effect.

Someone with questionable, if not outright evil intentions always gain from a conflict. :smile:

The alliance intro after this fight (engaging Deathbringer) effectively sums up my point above.

Deathbringer Saurfang yells: For every Horde soldier that you killed – for every Alliance dog that fell, the Lich King’s armies grew. Even now the val’kyr work to raise your fallen as Scourge.

For what we see in the latest expansions, blizz tries to kill this …now we all friends and fight for the great good and all that …it seems that they lack good writers…general good can be fought for in many ways, and kill some humans on the way…

What’d a new faction conflict bring to the game though?

The faction barrier has been an issue for a long time and Blizzard don’t seem to be bothered with PvP content. I also know that a lot of people got sick of the story revolving around genocide and war crimes during BFA.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a new faction war if Blizzard started developing PvP and warfronts, but I think that’s a lost cause.