Orcs vs Humans

I do not know how many expansions and years ago, wherever we go, it is horde and alliance holding hands. It is cringe. Sickening to watch. But hey, we are in the woke times. And the game is written in the most woke place of them all, California, US. Do not expect to see anything which anyone, even a Martian, could potentially find “offensive”.

1 Like

I see it the other way round.
We are in a Cold War that sometimes heats up. It’s not a permanent war that sometimes cools down.

This is like France and England for hundreds of years they would fight but even when not fighting it was an uneasy peace. From Norman conquest to Napolean with the 100 years war in there along with dozens of other skirmishes.

1 Like

Vengeance for Teldrassil!

1 Like

The time where this game had 10 000 000+ subscribers is long gone.

Faction pride died for me in TBC.
The best PVP rewards came from arenas, not BGs.
PVP sets became a recolour of raid sets.

You need players, tons of them to keep Raids, Mithic dungeons and PVP going on.
Unless people are happy to meet the same people all the time. Especially when you are queueing for a Random BG :smirk:
Too many players are migrating towards one faction in order to be able to Raid and do Mithic dungeons.

Ironically the lesson here is the same as in Warcraft 3.
Put down your differences and help save this game group content or watch it be destroyed. No 2 factions system can be sustained if only one is actively playing. Meaning Raiding Mithic content, doing +20 keys, being in the score ladder.

The lore is tied to the game.
That’s why you can’t have Jaina flooding Ogrimmar with a gigantic tidal wave or have Garrosh dropping a mana bomb in Stormwind.

Cheers.

1 Like

I agree entirely.
Faction Pride has been a consistent element of the game. So why then are they implementing this kumbaya hand-holding.
Time and again they done this uniting Alliance and Horde to face the big bad evil. But Battle for Azeroth was a breath of fresh air. The Alliance had events on Kul Tiras to deal with while the Horde had events on Zandalar to deal with.

It brought individuality back to the factions. Since both the Alliance and the Horde are uniquely different to each other and always will be.
Conflicts might not have to be on the scale of Battle for Azeroth anymore. But they can still do the racial conflicts within the Alliance and the Horde.

Will the living survivors of Lordaeron ever get to play significant role?
What will the Night Elves be like without Malfurion Stormrage?
The Forsaken without the Valkyre will now more than ever feel their own mortality creeping in.
Have the Tauren forgiven the treatment of Baine Bloodhoof that was set to be executed?
Will Gnomeregon ever be retaken or have the Gnomes permanently moved to Mechagon?

So many individual stories that are left to tell but left ignored.

1 Like

You will get a new tree and you will like it.

An Old-God corrupted tree? No thanks.

I dont think they will. I think forasken will get undercity back and worgen + nelves will get Gilneas as a player city.

Tell me again, what Horde and what Alliance?

You’re all jumping on the faction conflict bandwagon without realising that the proud factions you imagine do not make sense.

How does it makes sense that the Tauren is more at home with the blight-loving Forsaken than with the Night-Elves?

Also how does it makes sense that the Horde didn’t broke up and the non-Orcs consolidate into the Alliance or a new neutral faction after the Siege of Orgrimmar? Garrosh Hellscream was literally doing ethnical cleansing in the capital of the Horde!

2 Likes

Who is this an issue to but the small amount of people that constantly bring it up on the forums?
It’s only an issue now because nobody plays the game. In classic both factions raid and participate in PvP.

I will also address some lose points, I found, in the faction war narrative:

Warcraft end: The Horde wins:

Warcraft 2: Alliance wins, the Horde is vanquished:

Warcraft 3: there wasn’t a Faction conflict.
The story is based around Arthas falling from grace, Thrall leading his fellow Orc captives away from the Human Kingdoms, Jaina leading the human survivors away from the Scourge army, The Night Elves fighting a word ending threat like Archimonde, in which Jaina and Thrall ended helping out with their forces.

World of Warcraft: people are still waiting for an end.

Some other interests facts:

• Forsaken: what exactly is their purpose in life after Arthas has been defeated ?
    If anything, the logical conclusion, would be their death after Frostmourne was shattered by Tirion Fordring.
    But they have to be kept in game because they are a playable race.

• Tauren: as @Skadefryden pointed out, their way of life is more aligned with the NEs. Now imagine if Baine had joined the Alliance during Cataclysm, when Cairne was killed in Mak’gora by Garrosh ?
    The Tauren players would now have to accept a forced faction transfer to the Alliance side.
    I can already see an angry :rage: mob of Tauren players.

• Blood Elves: had Lor’themar signed the documents and rejoined the Alliance, alongside Varian as they were planning, before mad Jaina decided to purge Dalaran and you would have another angry :rage: mob of Blood Elf players protesting with their forced transfer to the Alliance.

• MoP: I think this is where everything should had ended, in my humble opinion.

However, because they were planning to launch WoD, Varian lowers his sword and lets the Horde live another day.

• Legion: according to Steve Danuser, Vol’Jin had to die, to show the flaws of the Warchief system.
    Varian had no need to die, yet he died because if one leader dies on the Horde, the other on the Alliance has to.

• BFA: the same exact number of Allied races joined the 2 factions.
    If that didn’t happened, I guess we would had a very angry :rage: mob of players demanding equal treatment.

Just to show a few examples of how limited is the story you can tell in Warcraft.
A neverending story in which some people keep asking for war but none wants to be on the loser side.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I 'unno.

So far I’ve only seen positive feedback regarding cross-faction play. And if player counts are dropping, then all the more reason to get rid of the faction divide.

1 Like

The Horde have their own bonds that are tested by the latest mistreatment. The Orcs did fight to save the Tauren and helped the Darkspear, Kor’Kron have dreams of the Orcs once again being strong. They have always led the Horde and they are the ones that bore the brunt of the multiple conflicts and challenges.

It died in WC2. And remnants were euthanised during the Frozen Throne orc campaign and siege of orgrimar.

1 Like

That was under warchief Thrall, not Garrosh Hellscream.

Which is the generic ‘Human vs Orc’-writing, disregarding the Human compassion that actually saved the Orcs from being plainly executed after they lost the war as Fel-infused Legion puppets.

2 Likes

At this point both side is around the extinction level
The incredible is people thinking anyone should continnue that stupid war, that consumed both sides already and continnue until only one human and only one orc remains and they kill one each other

1 Like

I absolutely agree. The conflict was one of the core themes throughout Warcraft’s history. You can’t just remove something so fundamental. And no, bad writing isn’t a reason either. You know what would be a bad writing? Getting rid of the faction conflict, let alone after BFA.

It feels bad enough when I’m killing stuff with WM off and an Aliance person starts helping me DPS and looting what we kill, essentially forcing me into cooperation between us. We’re enemies god damn it, stop. Drives me up a wall.

2 Likes

I agree, but i also feel like blizz is not able to deliver that properly anymore.

Just look at bfa, the faction war started great. But After the first raid we suddenly shifted to diaper gnomes and old gods. And because of the narrative alot of characters also pointlessly neutral and basicly betrayed their faction by helping the other faction as well.

And lets not forget the lore. The horde numbers never made any sense to stand a chance against the alliance. They pretty much existed out of nearly extinct races like blood elves, orcs,taurens, some minor troll tribe. the horde must have had some amazing cloning machines behind the scene to keep up with the numbers

1 Like

Different Warchief but it is the same Horde. There are still Horde from Eitrigg’s generation around.

The Alliance and Horde are strong BECAUSE of their conflicts with each other not inspite of it.
Peace is something that is temporary at best. Jaina betrayed her father Daelin for peace only to have the same Horde bomb that city.

I agree that it is a forced peace.
There seem to be some that would abolish both Alliance and Horde factions and merge the two into one entity.

Well, that’s what War is all about. About winning. Not losing. Hence why sides put so much effort in winning a war usually.

Why you think so many countries in the past did crumble their own people for the sake of winning a lost war?