Oribos - the most boring capital city in WoW?

Yep.

It really doesn’t feel like a city. And for a place which is supposed to be called ‘The Eternal City’ (or Undying City) that’s a HUGE let-down. It’s just a bunch of nearly empty halls. That’s it.

Horibos is just lazy content,

Loved boralus.

I barely use Oribos at all, unless I pass through it to enter the Maw or to go to Korthia. I have my hearthstone in Bastion where I use the command table or pick up the daily / weekly tasks then I go to Korthia or the Maw or other areas when the mood strikes me. The forced dismounting makes the area less fun. And, yes, the view from Oribos is quite depressing.

I like that Oribos is compact, when I do need something, like profession trainers, it is easy to access.

Suggestions for improvements:

• stop forcing people to dismount
  • allow us to unlock portals between Oribos and other areas of Shadowlands

Unlocking convenience features is a fun part for me in the game, I enjoyed doing that in Bastion as well.

It has been created during last year lockdown mate :stuck_out_tongue: everything makes sense

1 Like

Oribos, and SL zones, a backward step from BfA cities and zones. Hoping next expansion for an upgrade! I always looked forward to next expansion’s improved zone design, SL is first one to disappoint me that way. It’s not bad zone design, just uninteresting. Oribos, well laid out, uninteresting.

1 Like

Arboga is in Örebro right.

I don’t even see it as a ‘city’ it is tiny and there is nothing going on there.

The only time i go there is when I use the auction house, vault day or I accidentally clicked our mages portal.

Conspiracy theory time:

What if Tazavesh was actually their original design for Oribos? But because of the pandemic/time contraint they decided to shelf it for later use and they settled for a boring, simple design; what we now know as Oribos.

Kinda expected a City of the Dead when SL was announced but it’s just a tower with 2 accessible floors and thats it. I guess it’s still better than the “city of secrets” which is nothing but a big rock and some ruins :rofl:

At least the city district around castle Nathria is decent.

Oh, flying over Zuldazar on day 1 of 8.0, I honestly felt like I had come back to the right expansion, having sat out ugly fel-green Legion… it was beautiful, and the music was the perfect soundscape to match. But then the nonsense flight routes between parts of the city became evident and, ugh.

And over the next 2 years, Blizz never once said “let’s move some facilities to the dock, or maybe bring a second command table to pyramid and have an NPC do the running to take orders down to the ship”. There we were, esteemed champion, commander of troops, and yet we didn’t have a subordinate to carry our orders to where they needed to go.

How hard would it have been to fix Zuldazar? Not at all. Did they bother? No. Not exactly the first time we had/have seen this attitude from the devs, but it never fails to be disheartening.

I also don’t like Oribos because there are no fishing areas.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.