Original WOTLK VS classic

hello whats the difference between original wotlk and classic? I never played original one so i wanted to know

1 Like

It was better.

17 Likes

can you expand your answer, this isnt answer i looking for, thank you

Original wotlk was horrible

Wotlk now is even worse somehow.

Pandaria when?

2 Likes

In original WOTLK a lot of things changed in the patches. The game feels very different right now. It will be more authentic in the later phases.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patches/3.x

There was Random Dungeon Finder.
( came with ICC patch )

Blizzard wasn’t so greedy and shady company like it is now.

Community was not so toxic like it is now.

2 Likes

Wotlk had less bugs and found bugs were fixed faster.

Wotlk had RDF.

Wotlk had GM’s, customer support, and punished rule breakers instead of relying on automated systems that fail more often than not.

Wotlk had better Blizzard communications.

Wotlk had more arena participation because it didn’t have the stupid changes they decided to implement in tbc classic.

Wotlk had a mostly lagfree bugfree open world Wintergrasp.

Wotlk didn’t have same faction BG’s.

Wotlk had faction & race change.

Wotlk didn’t have achievements that were impossible to achieve (now made impossible because of changes, patient title, perky pug, probably more).

Did I mention wotlk had less bugs?

Blizzard still cared about their paying customers in wotlk.

Wotlk had a built-in questie.

Can’t think of anything else atm.
Oh and wotlk had class balancing, tuning, etc over the course of the expansion over the patches.
Now we play on the last patch where all of that has already happened.

7 Likes

this was very useful answer, thank you ( i mean whole your post, not just the one thing i replyed :smiley: )

2 Likes

We are still in Naxx content. Naxx (3.0) didn’t have RDF, so that’s not an argument.

It always sucked.

Objectively wrong. I mean the lag and bug free part

… and achievements that actually were achievements, not just handed out for being there - looking at you, Fishing contest.

… and way less DKs everywhere.

… and players at all levels, as new players still arrived and people cared to make alts - even without the aid of RDF - which they did noy know was coming.

1 Like

what do you mean, can you explain please?

We are using the latest patch which normally includes RDF. Is this honestly the first time you’re using this argument? Otherwise you’d know.
Inb4 room temp iq response of ‘icc was also out on the last patch’.

Wrong.

Wrong. It had less bugs. Lag too, if you take our old tech into consideration and the stuff we have now, we should be playing LAGFREE.

Me? In Stranglethorne Vale the guy to whom you hand in 40 Tastyfish is reset every ten minutes until 5 p.m. You go catch fish, travel to BB and wait for the reset, Easy-peasy, I did more times as level 13 :wink: And as the Master Angler’s Hook sells for 2 G 50 - I became rich from doing this.

The community is even more obese, whiny and bald, but other than that its pretty much same

4 Likes

pretty much same? So for example arenas always started at 0 rating or you got heroisms from quests while questing? I looking for things like this

1 Like

Neither of those were in the original.

Arenas started at 1500 rating back in the day, it was changed in TBC Classic to be the retail formula which changed in Legion or whatever for some arbitrary reason.

WotLK proper also still had arena teams.

1 Like

Berny needs to get back in his troll cave.

Amen to that

2 Likes

Mostly the balance changes. Blizzard was very active during WOTLK making balance changes to PVP especially. But we’re on the final balance patch now and nothing is changing.

Classes that weren’t super popular are now dominant because the game is “solved”. Which is also the biggest downside of classic: The players have changed they use that knowledge to change how the game is played.

But that’s not a big deal, because many people will play for a few weeks or a few months. They will do everything they’re told is “bis” by YouTube videos from private servers and websites but will quickly be bored because they misunderstand what made them love WoW in the first place.

But that’s also fine, because in 6 months time there will be less people playing but they will be doing what makes them happy, not what they’ve been told is “correct”.

“Hardcore” players will laugh and make fun of this sort of mindset, but hardcore guilds have the highest player turnover and struggle constantly to keep their line-up full. Meanwhile casual guilds I’ve known since Classic-Vanilla still have the same players and actually enjoy playing the game.

Classic can teach us a lot about MMO’s and WoW’s issues. One of the main things is that meta-gaming and trying to “solve” the game is the fastest way to make people stop playing it.

Some cosmetic features, such as paintings on the wall have been changed, some quest titles have been changed, there’s no RDF tool, and some changes to Arena.

That’s about it as far as I can see. Other people on these forums will try to convince you that WotLK Classic is a horrible, ghastly, unplayable, broken buggy mess when compared to the original. Don’t listen to them, they’re simply doing what gamers on the internet always do, moan, moan, and moan about utterly trivial nonsense that probably affects 0.1% of the population.

I’ve personally yet to encounter a single bug.

1 Like