Our developer is most likely hibernating

As topic say, I think they have just forgotten about us.
Our opener feels like that we are bugging the game.

[Immolation Aura-Sigil of Flame] [Pre-potion] [Trinkets] [Elementium Pocket Anvil - Irideus Fragment], [The Hunt] [Throw Glaive] [Eye beam] x1/2 [Annihilation] [Essence Break] [Death Sweep] [Vengeful Retreat] while you’re in the air press [Metamorphosis] (only with Mouseover, if not delete your character) then [Death Sweep-Fel Rush] [Throw Glaive] [Annihilation]…

And I’ve probably forgotten something.
[Tactical Retreat]- [Serrated Glaive 10.1 Talents]- [Unbound Chaos]-[Momentum uptime]
All of this, in less than 5-7 seconds.
It is simply feeling, of forgetfulness, as a Demon Hunter player. If we are compared with other classes, Drachthyr will release his third specialization soon.
What changes can we expect?
Players are building talents-builds desperately, for trying to remain useful…

Eagle, Glaive Tempest, No-Mover, Left-Right, Fragnance Build, Momentum, probably 4-5 more useless talents builds… We’ll need like 5 Equipment on the bag with different stats. (For some build our stats are haste, other one mastery, versatility, maybe strength too?)

feels sad.
Thanks.
Check the latest:

Season 2 DPS Rankings Week 2 - Mythic Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
We were on the 22º first Week, up to 17º on the second one. Not bad.

1 Like

well it also feels sad when a Gem is in Top 5 of damage… Like other classes got thier spells in the Top 5…

Maybe just me… but Each M+ I Run… Storm infused stone… are in Top 5 damage after a run… followed closely by Blood stone…

Careful when complaining, a classic blizzard fix is to nerf the reason why those items are so good for DH, making them all useless. Leaving you with a 3% aura buff to compensate and a “It did not sit quite right, so we removed synergy and gave a buff to compensate” as final nail in the coffin.

1 Like

well gotta replace the ring at somepoint… and then the question is will it be better or worse.

I mean they never really cared about this class apart from it being a marketing campaign when Legion was about to launch. Evoker will get their 3rd spec in a MINOR patch, we are still at 2. Not to mention they can’t make the sole DPS spec have a workable set of talents for single target and being forced into momentum for raids, when it just so happens that this raid is chock full of positioning mechanics (lasers and swirlies on the first boss, rings on the second boss, frontal, charge and swirlies on 3rd, lava waves on rashok, bombs on zskarn, rings and silence thingy on neltharion and frontal and various puddles on sarkareth). As cherry on top, our single target is an aberration and pretty much requires Anvil and Bomb Dispenser to even be sometimes visible on meters on anything that’s not Nelth or Sark (and that is just because of specific phases where adds appear).

The Havoc specific tree is obviously unfinished and just a prototype that somehow went live, it’s impossible that they intended Unbound Chaos, Momentum and Fel Rush damage (all left side, “single target centric”) to be the top choice for pure single target.

On the other hand the class is not even meta in M+, while it naturally has an ok cleave, unless you have Eye Beam into Essence Break into DS into a huge Ragefire dump, your sustained AoE on packs is completely non-existent. I can burst for over 400k but then fall way behind a SP, Boomkin, Warrior and I think on sustained long aoe even Vengeance would do more.

It’s embarrasing.

3 Likes

Totally agree with you, unfinished class that was used as an add campaign for legion xpac, a meme, a kekw, could have had illidan’s shear spell animation(CustomSpell09-wowhead illidan) for essence break spell animation, warlock’s helllfire spell animation for immolation aura spell animation, could have let me choose if i choose to to the ritual or be like illidan before consuming the skull of guldan, an arcane mage with warglaives, so many cool things could have been done with this class, but since the game is now run by a small indie company …

I think part of that animation is used for felblade or quite similar
Cool animation though, particularly with the wings!

I don’t have that many issues with the animations, it’s just that technically the class in Dragonflight is at it’s most developed ever, it has so much potential to be really fun and quirky, instead you are running this half-aoe spec on single target because there is no viable alternative, you can’t even spec into Netherwalk anymore without sacrificing a DPS talent point.

For example:

1. Inner Demon proc should be primarily for AoE and not ST because it would add so much to dungeons.
  2. Your top aoe spell in dungeons if you play properly is Immolation Aura, which is literally just a fire and forget spell and all you need to do is make sure you are in the middle of the mob pack all the time and then dump it into a big hit with Ragefire. Too bad you also have to play Momentum which sometimes, if there is no wall you can charge into, makes you go away from the pack a bit and you miss a few ticks.
  3. We have 3 Glaive oriented talents that could have easily been baked into just 1 Havoc talent that buffs your glaive massively and make space for the return of something like Raddon’s Cascading Eyes effect or even the effect that reduce EB CD when you eat the orb from Demonic Appetite.

If giving all of that would make Havoc OP, you can simply tune the numbers. Give us back something like Nemesis, Chaos Blades, old Fel Barrage (with charges), etc. Tune the numbers a bit if overperforming and remove Momentum as meta choice for everything in the game.

P.S. We still encounter the issue of Fel Rush stopping our character dead in mid-air and making us fall down in a straight line unless we Fel Rush or VR again. It’s a bug present since 7.0.1.!!

1 Like

This is taken in PvP in conjunction with Demonic to get a bit more of a ‘burst’ | ‘spike’ damage profile. Please don’t advocate for it to become AOE which will shaft any PvP builds using this

Instead, let us consider changes and buffs for Glaive Tempest and Fel barrage for AOE for your M+ content :slight_smile:

DH dev is stucked in prison/stasis maybe atm. Just need to wait for wardens to wake them up someday.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.