Our last hope for forsaken

Before I begin with our last hope. Lets review the things that did not get widely accepted among forsaken players.

The list of things that did not met our expectations as forsaken players for 10+ years and in fact effectively ruined for the forsaken race fantasy over the years

1- New Undead Animations : Pales in comparison of old animation. Too Cartoonish.

2- New Models : Made more alive, which is race fantasy breaking.

3- Customization options : Just brought Chinese client option and few common option in all races. No racial identity customization options. No deformities/Straight back/Lich options. No additional masks etc!!
TLDR: No Undead options for Undead but rather more living options -.-!! We look more humans, and more alive with every change.

4- Lost our Capital. We were teased to have Stormwind. Instead of having that we got nothing as our leader became GaRRosh 2.0 suddenly and fly away.

5- Lost our Leader. She plays way bigger role than any other racial leaders to her race. She is like the godess of the race “Dark Lady watch over you”

6- Unclear identity in SL, most likely they will go for redemption forsaken as their new racial id.

So many things were tarnished. Now back to the title. Only one thing remained.

Heritage Armor.

Now I hear people here and there wanting some tuxido heritage armor.

WE ARE NOT BUTLERS FFS! KEEP THAT FOR WORGENS AS THEY SERVE US FRESH GNOME BLOOD AND NIGHT ELVES SALT TEAR CAKES.

Blizzardo… Don’t take our last hope in you.

Please!! Give us proper plague bearer heritage armor. Already Existing? NO. Make it higher quality.

Please give us proper heirtage armor that fits the race theme (Vannila-WOTLK) era.

Thanks!!

5 Likes

Uh, excuse me but, i don’t think they would ever give the opposing faction’s capital to the Forsaken, not even tease that. It’s like giving Orgrimmar to the Night Elves as compensation for Teldrassil.

11 Likes

As for the boneless options, i think people are just happy over with an option to have their transmogs intact.

5 Likes

IF YOU WANT TRANSMOGS GO PLAY VOID ELVES OR HUMANS!! OR ANY OF THE 100 OTHER RACES IN GAMES WITHOUT BONES.

No reason to play Forsaken if you are so Transmog obsessed. Unless those bones fits the mog which again makes boneless option MUTE.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, it could be way worse.

You could be Night Elves.

Forsaken got all the love a race could get in BfA while Night Elves got destroyed (by the forsaken too) and then left to rot and ignored completely with no resolution at all.

You’ll be just fine as a forsaken, can’t say the same about the night elves that were basically wiped out / removed from the game.

4 Likes

Except they are worst than Night Elves, at least you still have your leader and racial ID. Oh and an acutal NEW customization options!!

What did you lose again? Just a capital city? Guess who lost more than that.

Wiped out / removed from game !!! What are you saying!! Lol go away!!

1 Like

I’d like some non cloth / non warlock Apothecary Putress style armor.

Loved that guy. Swell dude. Told me something about poisoning Sylvi. Not sure what he was talking about, but he did know how to throw a party. That time at the Wrathgate? People were falling down left and right after he pumped a bit of his mojo into that rave!

Ah I do miss him.

1 Like

Wish you fellas would stop saying that. It is worse. Far worse. Not only are the Forsaken not as spread across the world as nelfs, they do not have half the lore the nelfs have, have effectively lost their leader who was their identity. With no actual leader in sight except Calia. That would be like having the nelf led by a technocratic belf written in just so he or she can guilt trip you for being who you were for the last 15 years. So please. Spare me the sad nelf propaganda.

5 Likes

Totally agree about the animations. They are way too cartoonish and my Forsaken is almost too bouncy and upbeat to play. :frowning:

Disagree about the new models though. I like the new models and the new customization options but… I do think there should be a seperate option for having 1-4 limbs completely skeletal. If mechagnomes can have all limbs covered by mechanics then why not let Forsaken have a completely boney limb or two? (just keep it away from the asian servers where it is apparently too creepy for them!).

1 Like

2- made more alive? Then you can choose the no Jaw, rotting skinned, bones out gore version of the forsaken. People can choose whatever they want to choose. You don’t become fulfilled unless everyone acts the way you want them to act? tough luck.

3- Again, how much more you need with gore? you want flies coming out of the corpse? You want more rotting flesh to show? No arms or feet? Forsaken are not zombies.

4- Who teased you stormwind? When? How? I guess i’ve been teased about tusk allied races by some random youtuber. So i guess blizzard has to make them now that we’ve been teased.

5- You’re getting a new one. Arthas’s sister. ENJOY. You don’t like her? Get back in the long line of people who don’t like the current faction or race leaders. You think everyone likes Baine instead of his father as the leader of taurens? Or people like anduin? You get what you get.

6- So you’re currently complaining about what you don’t even know how it’ll turn out.

Heritage armor: Again, WHO SAID TUXEDO HERITAGE ARMOR?

I really want to meet your source of intel because they clearly are amusing people.

Start complaining if it turns out to be the tuxedo thing. Not before we even know there is a heritage armor plan for forsaken.

5 Likes

Calia is not becoming the forsaken leader. Daddy Ion said so in an Interview.

Just google “calia new forsaken leader” and it’s literally the first thing that pops up.

Wish people would stop spreading misinformation :unamused:

Edit just found that quote of yours in your own post. Funny

Check PTR. She’s already in orgrimmar, right next to Lorthemar before getting your first quest, and she starts talking about how she wants to help the forsaken and all that.

She might not be sylvanas, but she’ll be the closest thing to a leader they’ll get.

As for ION, he was denying black skinned blood elves and blue eyed ones as well.

Guess what was added to blood elves?

He’ll deny everything spoilery. So get used to it.

2 Likes

Guess who said blood elves blue eyes option was only for NPC?

Who also said BFA is not MOP 2.0, which turned out to be exactly MOP 2.0 war-> crazy warchief -> old gods!!ZA!

1 Like

Yeah. Gamon is in Orgrimmar too. Is he the new Tauren leader?

Calia Menethil is a pretty important lore character. She’s also undead. That’s all there is to her. Nothing to put her in place of being a forsaken leader.

If you’d argue about my favorite mono black planeswalker, Liliana Voss (doesn’t wanna lead), sure we could have a cup of tea while talking about her, then there’s Deathstalker Belmont (probably a Sylvi loyalist?)or Helcular, a student of Kel, and leader of the forsaken defense against the legion in Tarren Mill, but Calia? A character nobody even knew was still alive-ish up until roughly 4 days ago? And most importantly, an alliance affiliated character, together with Derek? Don’t be ridiculous.

I mean WoW writing is bad, but it (hopefully) can’t be that bad. And please do quote me if I am proven wrong in the future, because if Calia becomes the forsaken leader, I’ll personally fly to Irvine and take a dump on some annoying point in the Blizz HQ for an uninvolved cleaning staff member to clean it up. That’ll show em!

Found the quote you were talking about.

If you want to be a fair-skinned, light, blonde-haired, tall, majestic elf — that is a Blood Elf. … (If you’re) an Alliance player, and want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf — sorry? The Horde is there and waiting for you.

Nothing about black skinned blood elves. Nothing about blue eyes not being available for blood elves either.

I mean he’s technically correct, in the sense that it isn’t exactly the same as MoP, because we didn’t get any more pandas. Also Garrosh is male and an Orc, while Sylvi is female and an Undead.

Daddy Ion is a lawyer. If he doesn’t literally say “this is what’s exactly happening”, it doesn’t mean jack. “It won’t be an MoP 2.0” just means “there will be very slight differences to MoP, making it more of an MoP 2.5”

I know most people consider that flat out lying, but Daddy Ion is, as I’ve mentioned before, a lawyer.

He’s making easily misinterpreted statements, intentionally, I agree on that part. But he’s not straight up lying.

Then again, his statement on Calia not becoming the forsaken leader is also not a certain statement, since it is as follows:

Q2. Will Calia Menethil and Derek Proudmoore join the Horde in the upcoming story? A: This is a complicated issue. Calia is very sympathetic towards the situation and condition of the Forsaken, but she will not join the Horde because of this. Additionally, the number of Forsaken who may welcome their presence is not fixed.

See the “because of this” in that statement? If I’m trying to think like Daddy Ion here, removing just about everything I’ve learned about how to play resto shaman in the process, seriously Gurgthock, playing the M+ heal essence during carapace progress? What’s up with that?, I may easily argue that while they may not join the horde “because of this” they may join the horde due to other reasons.

But there’s still the point of people, both in game as well as in real life, quite reasonably hating alliance characters, alliance loving characters and the lovers of alliance characters.

And if Anduins hot step mom comes up to the Forsaken and tells them “Hey fellas, I’m light incarnate, let me lead you!” I feel like that’d be kind of a turn off. I mean nothing against step moms and whoever is into that, but it kind of goes against the whole idea of “death to the living”, y’know?

I believe Calia and Derek will lead the alliance forsaken, or whatever their allied race version of the forsaken will be. The forsaken Sentinels? The Deadelves? The Lightforged Undead? The shiny peeps?

If they’re installed as a leader for the forsaken, well screw me then, because frankly even the idea disgusts me so much that I’m willing to write entire paragraphs that mean effectively nothing because nobodies opinion who actively plays this game is worth even a dime to the people who work on it.

What I’m trying to say is basically that Willem Dafoe meme from Spiderman where he goes “You can’t do this to me. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I’VE SACRIFICED?”

Don’t do this to the forsaken. Everything about their identity has already been demolished already. Don’t abuse the ashes of their identity even more. Don’t kick people while they’re down.

Also to bring the topic back on track, namely Forsaken Heritage armor, I’d like one of those plague dispensers we’ve got during the siege of undercity, in addition to Putress’ armor. That was the best part of BFA.

You’re all complaining about losing your capital.
Well, we Gnomes lost ours before the game launched.
We were given a half-arsed attempt to get it back. And we still don’t have it.
So stop complaining and help use clean Gnomeregan from radiation.
Although I personally do like the radiation, it has a bunch of benefits I never thought it had.

Anyway, after you’ve helped us. We’ll help you rebuild.

2 Likes

Check the correct sources.

Belf blue eyes were datamined. Alliance cry. Ion said don’t worry guys is only for NPC not gonna be customization option. Became customization option.

No. BFA is MOP 2./0

WUT am I reading!! Sit down gnome. You are lucky Blizzard did not delete your race yet.

2 Likes

are you for real?

The early quest for shadowlands in beta, you see the leaders of the horde on the left, leaders of alliance on the right. Guess who’s right next to horde leaders right there, while being friendly to horde players and neutral to alliance? Calia.

She’s in orgrimmar now. Last time she was in alliance territory.

The lilian voss you mentioned comes to her seeking her help for the leadership of the forsaken. AND she mentions “There is another” When she’s talking about that said leadership in the middle of one of her casual talks in the current live game. It’s about Calia. The build up and everything points towards her being the next sylvanas replacement.

Comparing her to Gammon because they both are in orgrimmar is just too ridiculous for me to even consider you seriously after that. But i’m still trying to explain.

Get ready for that dumping because all clues point to that direction.

Wrong quote, Wrong interview.

This was talked about after the datamining of blue eyed blood elves for shadowlands and asked, by one of the many streamers who interviewed him.

It might have been Hazelnutty, or someone else, i don’t even remember which streamer asked that.

But ION clearly declined blue eyed blood elves as playable race and said they’re just NPC stuff. a couple of weeks later, blue eyed blood and void elves were announced.

We did have it. But they took it away and created some story that we lost it so that the Horde wouldn’t have 1 city less than the alliance.
Plus Ironforge and Gnomeregan were to close together.
Aside from that, I tried to see if you were in the “me, me, me” mentality.
And you passed with flying colours.

1 Like

Link the correct sources if you have them. I’ve googled whatever you wrote and found said quote. If you dislike said quote, feel free to find a better one :kissing_heart:

Do you not understand what “technically correct” means? :thinking:

You mean the part where Thalyssra is friendly to alliance players because they’ve quested through Suramar. You see the characters who are relevant in the books. You see the story relevant characters.

I’m in Orgrimmar right now. I’ve hearthed there after spitting on Anduin in Stormwind. Am I the new forsaken leader?

Have you noticed the part of her name where it states “Menethil”? The part I’ve put in bold in my last post?

Remind me again, who was her brother?

Who turned the forsaken into what they are?

Who do the forsaken hate above everything else because he’s bestowed this curse on them?

That’s because I’m ridiculing you with that statement. Glad you picked up on that.

Yes, there’s clues that point in said direction. There’s also clues that point in the exact opposite direction, because Calia herself mentions she has no intentions of picking up the throne of Lordaeron. (“It’s just Calia now”)

While this is just wide speculations from both sides, you’re the one who has stated that Calia is officially the forsaken leader now, which she is not. And again, if she will be, well writers have been on quite some bad mojo in the past, but that’s more than just bad mojo, it’s straight up hurting these peoples mental health, whatever it is. Thankfully there’s still an if between these sentences.

You’re just like that Benjamin dude. I think Button was his last name. He also went straight into “WELL YA QUOTED THA WRONG QUOTE CHAMPION! AZEROTH NEEDS YA TO FIND THA QUOTE YARSELF THO, BECAUSE AZEROTH IS BLEEDIN! AND IT NEEDS YER AID!”

You know, if you’re not happy with the sources I myself have found about the statement you were using, perhaps provide some better ones?

Also please stop screaming at me whenever I fly towards dungeons. I really don’t want to stop whoever is draining that azerite. The expansion is almost over. Please just stop.

Again, don’t wanna derail this thread, but honestly, every post about forsaken, even if it is only stating that people would like a wooden chin, rather than a metal one, will ultimately get derailed by numerous kinds of people. All of which can be found in this very thread. So yeah, don’t have anything to add regarding the topic anymore.

Daddy, if you read this, you know what kinda heritage armor I want! Also gimme undead druids.

MUH KWEEEEN!!!

2 Likes