Over and Out

I’ll have an alt ready in the hour.

According to the friend who got me playing wow it isn’t a real game :grin:

I guess that’s fair? I mean how can runescape be real if our eyes aren’t real after all?

Alrighty, see you tomorrow.

2 Likes

You could try me, if you have any mats I’ll take them too please.

Done. Take an hour though. Sell what you can, enjoy the rest!

1 Like

Have a good time playing whatever you play next. Good luck with the future mate.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

I never understood these farewell letters. What’s the point? Inform strangers from the forum that you will do something that you will probably not do in the end, like 90% of the players who write these farewells?

1 Like

I believe it’s something personal.

It’s not necessarly about the random people in the forum, but rather to place a finishing dot on a long period of time, similar to how you’d end your sentence with a dot.

People have invested a lot of time, emotions and similar things into WoW, so they’ll want something to “finish” it with. And well, while WoW can’t really be finished, writing a post about it is at least for them a farewell wish to the game itself.

While it’s something people on the forums see almost on the daily, it at least means something to every individual posting it, otherwise they wouldn’t, right?

And well, perhaps it’s also somewhat of a plea to make the game better, who knows?

I personally wouldn’t write one of these letters, but this is my attempt to rationalize the reasoning behind writing one.

I might be totally wrong.

2 Likes

The point is that 90% of the players who write those meaningless farewell letters end up not doing so. This is well known to all of us and that is why I wonder what’s the point. And ofc they always lack a sentence like: I will submit a request to delete my acc, so I wonder if anyone needs my gold, pets and materials.

Imo they just make clowns out of themselves and that’s it.

1 Like

I mean yes, but they don’t know that at the point of writing it. It’s an emotional thing, not a rational one.

If they are not sure of their intention and decision, and it is obvious that they are not because they lack the mentioned sentence, then their “farewell” letter is completely meaningless and has no point, and that way they only make clowns of themselves.

It seems to me like a lot of these posts types come from people who have an unhealthy attachment to WoW as a whole. Yes, I get that with MMOs the time invested does lead to attachment - but there’s a point it can go too far.

WoW is still just a game. Yes it’s fine to rant about a game, but at the end of the day its still a game. Games will always have some bad staff, some sort of store items, some systems or elements you don’t like.

Personally I ranted about BFA then took an 8 month break. Myself though, I won’t be quiting the game. I’m in my 30s and don’t feel like starting a new MMO over after all this time. I’ll play parts of the game I like and ignore the rest and when I’m really fed up, I’ll probably just do another unsub until the next major patch.

WoW will never be perfect and it’s not something somebody should get too attached to or addicted over :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

well lets see.
1: You use the word gansta, so youre just a child and thus noone cares what you think and noone cares that youre out of the game. Probably quite relieved, really.
2: ive never played runescape but i have played swotr for a bit. Quite liked it. Then out came the new star wars films and i removed the game and havent touched it since.
3: i see no shady attempts to keep me playing. They offer a service, i chose to use that service or not.
4: ive never ever paid for anything from the cash shop and never will. I dont know anyone of the 100 or so i know in wow that ever has or ever will.
5: You say im not ‘real’ … yet another point against you and demonstrates your childish attitude. Youre no loss to the game or the players who might be forced to play with you.

Send me all your gold and tradable pets and … well normally id say see you in a month but, in this case, i truly hope you never come back … dog.

You must be a walking contradiction.
Calling someone else “dog” on an anonymous internet forum is not that intelligent move, nor mature thing to do.

Good luck in your gaming adventures, wherever they may take you :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

you guys keep bringing me back with these comments :slight_smile:

he used dog, i was just re-using it as thats clearly the language he understands. Its called localisation as its out of empathy.
In what way am i a walking contradiction?

Before I LEAVE, I must explain why I’ve left. I don’t know man, when I get bored of games, I tend to just unsub and play other games/do something else.

Don’t really see the reason for the thread about it. Plus it’ll just make you embarassed when you come back again in a few months/or a year or two.

Just leave the game. After all, it’s not reality. It’s a game. Don’t stress of waste time thinking about it, just move on

1 Like