Paid character transfer for classic - when?

Ler me give you another topic on why we shouldnt have transfers. I play on a full server, we have a very High price for popular items, for example 100g + for each black lotus and 9g + for each greater fire protection potion. I have invested alot of time and money in these resources for The future, as have many others.

Some of my friends play on high/medium servers because they couldnt handle the ques. Their costs for The same items are around 35 and 3 gold each.

Both me and them can earn The same amount of gold in DM:e lasher farm, DM:N tribute farm, ZF grave farm, Maradoun farm. Since they are mostly based ok vendor gold. A player on those cheap servers can therefore ruin The economy vastly on The full server, even singelhanded.

I see your point, however that’s more of a very specific argument against any transfers, not just paid. I’m not the only player who has gone from playing daily to logging in maybe once or twice per week to raid. Farming arcane crystals or looking for black lotus on a pvp realm where you are on the “wrong side” honestly isn’t even worth it.

My original point still stands due to it, paid transfers are required.

1 Like

So you rather players just quit and that means less to play with and less to buy off your AH .
Full realms should be cheaper its people being greedy .

Its not against The free server transfers from full - > low/medium pop servers. Since The economy there is less screwed up. Paid transfers to let you do what you can and will screw up The server economys alot.

Full realms has for example The same amount of black lotuses as lowpop realms. And full realms have alot more gold in them since alot of the farming methods out there is vendor based. The price is supply and demand, not greed.

Sounds like your encomy is wrecked already with asking so high prices .
Paid transfer have to happen or realm mergers . The game is not just about gold.

Or does The economy on my server make it more fun? To flask for a raid you actually have to farm a few hours, not just run 1 scholo and sell to vendor and you can afford a lotus. When a freezing band costs 800 gold and cloudkeeper legs is over 2000 gold you pay more respect to The People who achieved them

Opinions you don’t agree with=/=trolling, but hey you do you.

Wow you actually browsed through my post history to try and find something to undermine me, that’s a little sad.
The panda would be okay with race changes so long as they are restricted to races within your faction, although if they never made it to the game the panda would not miss them.

Maybe I am a little hopeful…
Either way paid transfers for everyone will just make this situation worse no matter which way you cut it.

Yet you are the first to use the troll card .
Your ok with paid race changes but not servers hyperctit.

Selfish attitude and greed. You wount get gold if players constantly leave or cant afford your prices.
But players like you only think about you and not whole picture.

No it wouldnt far from it if anything it would bring back players who have already quit due to lack of transfers.

-Server with too many horde and not enough alliance.

-Alliance leave because they don’t have much of a chance, choosing servers where their faction is more prominent (because no one wants to be the minority).

-Alliance numbers get even lower, still too many horde.

-No alliance want to join the server with more horde.

-Horde players either quit or transfer to another server due to no competition/PvP, server dies.

-Meanwhile on the server where the alliance from the last server moved to the alliance faction becomes larger than the horde due to the influx of players.

-Cycle begins anew.

1 Like

Gandling was 50/50 at start now its 75/25 horde favour .
If up to you the players there would just have to suffer with no option great idea by you not allowing moves.

All but 1 server pvp is horde dominated in all regions .

How will paid transfers fix that without leaving the server entirely horde based?
Also where are you getting your stats from?

Because the horde have said they want to move too and faction change. Some people have invested to much time just to reroll .
But sure dont allow moves lose even more players great idea.:+1:u

I guess your to busy accusing others of trolling to actually read threads were people link sources and numbers about %'s

So because an unknown number of people said they will faction change it means it’ll work just fine?
Sorry but that’s way too flimsy a piece of evidence to build off of.
Also again what’s stopping all those alliance players from transferring away due to them being in the minority? Even if some horde do swap there’s still going to be a pretty huge disparity.

I doubt what I say will stop paid transfers from happening since Blizzard don’t pay attention to the EU forums, i’m merely voicing my opinions but i’m flattered that you believe that I hold such power.
Also no I genuinely want to know where you’re getting your stats from.

Gotcha you dont read threads at all about horde dominating all but 1 pvp realm .
You dont bother to read posters placing facts from census+ addon.
All you care about is that paid changes aren’t allowed but ok for races :thinking:
Lets lose more players and have classic fail and no chance of TBC or WoTLK servers great idea guys.

Census+ is no longer reliable due to Blizzard breaking the /who function shortly before they started free transfers.
So not only do you have inaccurate data but you’re desperately trying to pass me off as a troll and trying to move the goal posts.
I think we’re done here.

The addon was recently reworked and updated you can download it yourself via twitch .
I suggest you read the update notes on it .

I stand corrected, thank you for indirectly giving me a source.
Still I fail to see how paid transfers will balance servers like that, since in order for that realm to balance itself out the alliance would require a 26% more players and the number of Horde would need to decrease by 26%.
At worst you’d still be left with a majority horde server and at best you still have wildly unbalanced faction ratios.

Anyone who’s played WoW for more than 3 years should know just how badly paid transfers screwed over a lot of players, if they add them then they add them but they’re not the magic solution everyone is looking for.

so you would prefer to let people suffer on unbalance servers?..which they wont…they will just stop playing…i decided dreamist is just not worth playing on impossible to even land at a fp with out 10 horde instant killing you…then as ghost watching them run up and down waiting for you to res and instant die again…this is what you expect me to pay my subs for?..i played on a pvp server 10 yrs ago and it was nothing like to total mayhem it is now…

1 Like