Paladins bubble DPS too HIGH! (P3 Also)

The mechanic of being immune was fine in vanilla, where paladins DPS was nerfed inside bubble. In SoD due to the bursty mechanics and lack of survivability for certain classes the bubble + certain runes is too high a coefficient that disturbs the supposed algorithm being used to “balance” PvP

This leads to guaranteed winning scenarios in 1v1’s against certain classes. There should never be a mechanic in any PvP and definately MMO game where this exists. It feels like an arcade feature where you gain as much power for your brain to spooge the dopamine so you keep feeding coins to continue the game, OMG it is so icky and is stinking up SoD

In P3 paladins will get even more damage inside bubble with holy buffed ranged attacks with no counter, it needs serious revision. The cringefest of hunter pets/moonkins in P1 which was never flattened, the bubble/arcane surge/moonkin/mutilate in P2 never fixed, we are looking at another several months of this nonsense in the shidshow that is SoD…

15 Likes

Make a paladin and go to a few BGs at max level, then tell me what you think is OP.
Paladin damage is already nerfed inside buble, since most of the DMG comes from basic attacks/seals and inside bubble your attack speed is 100% slower.

3 Likes

Being noob leads to guaranteed losing scenarions against any class, including one that you, a mage, are supposed to counter.

Learn to play

PS: Also, another thread with the exact same topic? Isn’t this spam?

5 Likes

Report this in-game troll for being a troll in real life too. Worst mage of all time tries to troll the forum again.

4 Likes

paladin bubbles will and need to get a nerf in p3, no way around it

3 Likes

I see you haven’t heard, but paladins can never be overpowered! Not even becoming completely immune to damage while at the same time being able to kill you is overpowered for a paladin, it’s completely fine, because paladin.

2 Likes

Yeah having 1-2 kills in 5 minutes is an overpowered situation. Horde player in Alliance disguise was detected.

Of course a Horde troll cries about a skill that has a 5 minute cooldown timer, and doesn’t bring anything amazing beside killing 1-2 low health players.

Killing 1-2 people that in no way can counter you other than simply being too far away from you for you to hit them from the get go is overpowered, yes. I don’t think it’s the end of the world, but you can’t say that being completely immune to damage, while at the same time being fully able to continue dealing damage, the enemy not being able to do anything about it, is not overpowered.

You could - falsely - argue that outside that window of time you are not overpowered. But the fact of the matter is that during it you most certainly are.

4 Likes

except running away with aspect/sprint/travelform/ghostwolf/blink, vanish, cast abilities to heal/mitigate damage etc. People just play like NPCs and try to kill an immune target LOL.

4 Likes

Of course, nothing a paladin can do is ever overpowered :joy:

3 Likes

You are crying about not being able to escape from the brand “wheelchair” class of the game? I hate that term but that is a “skill issue”.

Edit: Using “:joy:” smiley shows your level btw.

2 Likes

Would you care to explain in what way being completely immune to damage while being fully able to deal damage is balanced? Now, before you answer this, imagine if for example shamans had this ability instead of paladins. Would you support that? Would you support any other class being able to do such a thing? Of course you wouldn’t, because it’s completely busted.

:joy:

1 Like

Shaman already have much more, base tankiness, bigger damage, permaslow and freedom too, ghostwolf, tremor, purge, interrupt and aah yes instant heal. And other malee classes cannot hit a single crit on shamans.

2 Likes

Let’s try again shall we: would you be in favor of any other class being able to become completely immune to damage while still being able to deal damage?

2 Likes

How about priest? Dots still ticking while in dispersion. Paladins usually use bubble to avoid death, in 1v1 sure they can go all in and try to kill you, but also they have to use heals inside bubble. As a paladin i have to use swiftness pot to chase others, what if you have to keep some to run away? Than GG.

3 Likes

Does not make them immune to damage, you can still kill them, it also prevents them from using skills. So would you be ok with priests becoming completely immune to damage during dispersion and able to cast as well?

90% dmg reduction xDD is not far from ‘‘immun’’.

1 Like

A 90% reduction in damage taken is not the same as being immune. A priest using disperion can be killed. A paladin using bubble cannot. I’ll ask again: would you be in favor of a priest becoming completely immune to damage and able to cast during dispersion?

1 Like

You don’t take into account 2 things: uptime and cooldown. You talk about it as if paladins could do it always, but they cant.
The only thing I like better is when someone cry because of Lay on Hands, which has a 1 hour CD. Paladin is so OP that I prefer to play orc shaman instead.

1 Like

Neither can priests.

You don’t take into account 2 things: uptime and cooldown.

Alright then, we’re getting somewhere. If the duration and cooldown is the same as bubble, would you be in favor of it then?