[Pandaren A/N RP] Yu Xin Keepers

“Let us draw ourselves together to rebuild this sacred place, the first step toward healing a war-torn world.”
Yu’lon

Knowledge is what allows civilisations to grow and thrive. Knowledge is also the first victim of the destruction brought about by war. Settlements and sacred places are erased from the map, their histories forgotten; customs and traditions are set aside by the sheer need for survival; entire races risk facing extinction.

Sickened by the senseless bloodshed and horrified by the loss of Teldrassil - the core of the Kaldorei society - to the Horde war machine, a group of pandaren pledge themselves to a different cause. Deciding to try and preserve the wonders of Azeroth instead of contributing to their destruction, they establish a base of operations in the Temple of the Jade Serpent’s courtyard, ultimately hoping to obtain a hidden vault of their own. There, they would preserve and protect records of histories, traditions and art particular to each of the azerothian races, so that the cultures will not be lost regardless of the faction war’s evolution.

To that end, the pandaren, now calling themselves the Order of Yu Xin Keepers, set out to travel around the world and gather what knowledge they can, making a living through trade and trying to bring a respite from the tragedies of war to anyone who needs it, either by offering their own goods and services, sanctuary among their group to victims and refugees, or just lending a helping paw to those deserving of it.

Greetings, AD! Your friendly neighborhood pandaren from Boralus are back and ready to introduce a new guild concept!

We are a pandaren core guild aiming to extend our paws to the entire AD rp community. As suggested above, most of our rp and events will take place on the roads and in the cities we visit and we seek to get in touch with the ‘locals’ wherever we happen to be, so we can all enjoy some adventures together.

Are you leading a band of thieves who pray on travelers? Power-hungry warlock who learned we came in possession of some magical tome or artefact? Or maybe a group of wandering refugees in need of supplies? Sooner or later, we’ll get to where your characters are and we’d love to make something interesting happen!

Our storyline will revolve around several kinds of events:

• Short adventures that we come across during our travels and anyone who happens to be around us can participate in;
  • Festival-type displays to encourage cultural exchange during our visits to major cities and other important landmarks on pre-established dates that everyone will be invited to join;
  • Personal development arcs that involve each of our members unique history and offer the opportunity to expand on their character further;
  • Our own guild development which will also be influenced by the general game story and our IC interactions.

Our guild ranking system offers a natural progression towards an officer position. While casual rpers are very welcome among us, we want to reward those who dedicate their time and talent to enriching our guild atmosphere.

We accept any characters among us as long as they adhere to our views, with no class or race restrictions. ICly, we offer sanctuary to both victims of the war and deserters who decided they no longer want to take part in the bloodshed. OOCly, as long as your character is generally inclined to do good, hates the war and wants to fight for peace and the preservation of Azeroth’s knowledge, you are very welcome among us.

We will also keep our AA page, forum thread and community updated with our location and where we will be heading next, so anyone can approach us ICly. We always welcome travellers to our camp! So even if you’re not looking to join us, but just want to hang out, we would be happy to meet you.

Our faction standing is mainly neutral, leaning towards Alliance for the time being, as the IC event that pushed the creation of the order is the Horde’s campaign of destruction.

You can contact us OOCly via ingame mail to one of our officers Sauraryo, Zhaochang, Yarinulis, Aileiyu, Redpaws, Hojin, Yaozhe, our discord server https://discord.gg/mtN7Kck and our community https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/nPkg7MCldb?region=EU&faction=Alliance

We look forward to rping with you all!

18 Likes

Very good! Look forward to seeing what you get up to.

6 Likes

Very much looking forward to regroup and start rping this new concept as it gives us a lot of great opportunities for rp around the world.

5 Likes

I see Chang in the list, and some other recognise-able names and I can vouch for them! They’re a good lot with alot of RP knowledge between themselves!

Should you ever need my help, you can always ask me! In the meantime I do hope to come across you lot! :smiley:

5 Likes

Chapter 0 / Prologue - "Propositions"

Frowning over her nearly emptied bowl of noodles, Saura was listening in on the conversation going on inside the Dancing Serpent, her ears twitching softly. News of the war were never happy and having heard no word from her friends, she was worried sick. They had all scattered, each of them dealing with grief in their own way no doubt, but she needed to know them safe. Pushing the bowl aside, Saura reached inside her pouch only to reveal her enchanted pen and several pieces of parchment a moment later. Murmuring a few hushed words over the quill, it sprang to life and promptly began scribbling neatly, under the pandaren’s watchful gaze.

Greetings, friend!

First of all, I hope this letter finds you in good health. I have heard no news from anyone ever since the tragic events near Paw’don Village and I would like to know that you at least are doing well. I have returned to the Temple of the Jade Serpent and you can find me at the Dancing Serpent inn. I hope to hear from you soon! There is also a proposition I would like to discuss.

Yours humbly,
Saura Ryo

She had hesitated at ‘proposition’. It was more of a concern of hers. Having been a Lorekeeper for the Wuns, her main responsibility were the records and knowledge that would be lost when their domain came under attack. Just as the extensive records of kaldorei history must now be lost, along with their precious Teldrassil. She had never even had a chance to visit Darnassus, but the pandaren had heard amazing stories about it and always wanted to see it for herself. Now though, that was impossible and Saura wondered how many more such important historical sites would be wiped away in mere moments for… for what? In her mind, nothing could justify something like this. She shook her head softly, frowning to herself. Everything is lost and nothing is gained, not really, in this senseless faction war. She would not join it, nor would she stand idly by as entire races lose their legacy and identity because of it. An idea had formed in her mind and she could only hope her friends would answer her invitation and share her vision for what the best course of action would be.

10 Likes

Chapter 1 - "Humble Beginnings"

Staring absently at a pile scrolls laid out on the small table in front of her, in the dim light of the last candle whose flame flickered precariously in the evening breeze, Saura was going over all the preparations in her mind. Supplies had been gathered, as much as they could afford, turtles had been commissioned and the small library she was sitting in right now was made available to them by the monks, provided of course they would continue to pay the rent. More pandaren, hearing about the Keepers’ plans, have already pledged themselves to their cause.

They were ready to begin their journey, the first of many if things went well enough, she thought. “If…”. Urgency dictated they would start on Kalimdor. Whatever historians and intellectuals survived the tragedy of Teldrassil would have either escaped to Stormwind by now, or may have opted to remain in the areas nearby in order to contribute somehow to the attempt of retaking Darkshore from the Horde. These were the ones in danger to be lost, along with whatever they may have salvaged when they escaped. It was perilous of course, suicidal some had called it, but the Eastern Kingdoms were in no immediate danger, as far as Saura knew, while the number of kaldorei who stayed behind to fight the Horde could only decrease steadily as the days go by. Not to mention the Exodar was now the last major Alliance site left standing on the continent - surely, that would be the Horde’s next target. A small pandaren group, such as they are, could do little to protect a place or prevent an attack, but they can preserve the cultures so that the children who survived will grow up knowing who their ancestors were and what they accomplished.

Peering over a large map, the young mage nodded to herself as she traced the route they had agreed upon. Walking straight into the war zone with no information about the current state of affairs was clearly not an advisable approach, so they would start in the south and make their way up, gathering news on the way and looking into some old important sites they would pass by.

And so our journey finally begins! We will start in Ratchet and make our way south through all the zones with plenty of events along the way. As mentioned, anyone is welcome around our campfire and we hope to meet locals wherever we go. Specifically, we’d like to get in touch with kaldorei elders or historians at some point in the trip. If you’d like to arrange something along the way, do contact us ingame, in the community or discord server! (links in the top post)

6 Likes

Good luck with the guild, it is a nice conspect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Paws crossed behind her back, Saura listened intently to the kaldorei presenting the situation in Feralas. Her mind was racing. They did not walk into an active warzone, as they had feared they would, but joining up with the Alliance forces even if it was just to rid civilians of a pirate menace was a risky step, especially after having just ran into an old enemy during their crossing of Dustwallow Marsh. The pandaren couldn’t help fearing there will yet be consequences she could not foresee, but she would not simply turn her back and ignore the trouble in the area either. No to mention, meeting such prominent figures of all races could only work in the Keepers’ benefit.

But the dice has been cast now and, for better or for worse, the small pandaren group will do their best to dispatch the pirate threat and help the forces stationed in Feathermoon Stronghold secure and hopefully destroy the Crimson Compass.

Looks like a really nice concept, and more importantly one my pandaren Qufu Wu Tzu IC’ly can get behind 100%.

I would be very interested in possibly joining your guild, but have a couple of question first, that perhaps is best suited as private OOC talk in game.

I have played this character on/off since it was my main for most of MoP and have just returned to role playing Qufu a bit again after a break that has lasted a year or so, after the current Pandaren guild I am in went dormant.

I have felt tempted to seek membership in other Pandaren themed guilds but haven’t really been able to see Qufu back up on their agenda 100%, you seem to be the right place to put him however.

If I chose to join and get accepted after our talk I count on becomming more active playing Qufu in the future, though my Gnome who is with The Arclight Association will likely continue to be my main and so I will likely not be able to participate in all your events.

I look forward to hearing more about you, and am really exited that I possibly found just the right guild for Qufu.

Under all circumstances a big thumbs up for a great initiative!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.