Pandaren Community?

I’ve got this real urge to create a Pandaren character but with this comes a question as old as time it’s self…

Alliance or Horde?

A quick browse of the forum shows that both sides have active Pandaren roleplayers and guilds but I was hoping to get a little more information on each factions Pandaren RP communities before I lock myself into to either one of them.

Also… While I have your attention I’m finding some conflicting information about Pandaren lifespans. Some say they live for hundreds of years while others say they only live slightly longer than Humans.

What’s the going concensus on that at the moment?

Cheers x

1 Like

Liu Lang is said to have died at 122 and been really old at that time - Chris Metzen said their lifespan is about comparable to humans, last time it came up. Those are really the main references we have on the matter.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/status/258618843084238849

As for Pandaren community, I’ll prod some of the people I know and alert them about this thread!

3 Likes

Both factions have pandaren communities and guilds. Both of these are both thought of as pandaren centric rather than pandaren exclusive as to my knowledge, pandaren exclusive guilds don’t exist at current, I may be wrong.

Also, a majority of them are Pandaria focussed save a few exceptions. Huojin and Tushui concepts are very rare.

The problem with getting either of the above kicked up is a lack of pandaren numbers overall,so variety of pandaren guilds is not really a thing. That said the communities that do exist are very active to my knowledge and have some very dedicated members.

Re: lifespans I think on average pandaren live a little longer than humans. Lui Lang was somewhere between 120 and 150 when he passed. I’d assume more pandaren reach 100 than humans do.

Even so, 100 year old pandaren are still considered old. It seems that they weather their later years for longer than other races, probably because of their lifestyles.

3 Likes

Heyo! Since the topic of life spans has been already answered, I’ll just get right to introducing my guild, the Fallen Leaf, with a tl;dr:

On the Alliance here’s also the Yu Xin Keepers:

And on the Horde there’s Ronin:

6 Likes

For age, it should be noted that we know of lore characters who died at a younger age than Liu Lang, but we don’t know anyone who has lived longer than he did (other than perhaps his wife?)

So I use 122 as an informal maximum in my RP.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.