[Pandaren-RP] 🍂 The Fallen Leaf: Hiatus

“The darkness of the safe house doesn’t suit you, Stormcloud.”
“A-Ah… Sure?”

Perhaps he should have taken those words to heart.

His hand twitched and his fingers accidentally snapped the quill in half. He didn’t express his frustration immediately, his eyes drooping with fatigue. The hand continued trembling for some time afterwards. The scroll was ruined; the sharp, angular scar of ink across the perfect rows of text broke the aesthetic.

But then the surge of abrupt anger reached him. Fists rammed against the bureau before him. That was enough to lift the pressure of hatred he felt on his shoulders, quickly replaced by immediate worry instead. Hopefully nobody woke up to this miniature expression of… whatever.

Days turned to weeks. Weeks to months. Eventually a whole year had spanned since the last time he put down his quill. Whatever stirred in him just now must have woken him up somewhat.

The hallways are meant to be kept dark during the night to allow people their sleep. A torch illuminated his way towards the darkest corner of the underground establishment. The orange light was soon accompanied by a green glow, the essence of jade, around Chuein’s palm. He cupped the torch and then, it extinguished, as did the jade glow. Hopefully no one felt bothered enough to wake up. Hopefully no one distracts him now.

The darkness felt alien to him, but it also felt… peaceful. It shocked him just how easily he was able to admit it.

Who would have thought?

2 Likes

After chasing down a cult in the stormy mountains and a harrowing battle against the foe they summoned - which saw both Sindaru and Valkarius be bed-bound for some time - the Leaf is back to normal, relaxing in Halfhill and getting some well-earned R&R.

4 Likes

After a break, the Leaf embarked on another mission, though this one thankfully turned out much shorter and less violent. Investigating the disappearance of a supply team, it was found that the increasing mistlurker activity in the area was to blame. By using shamanism and incense, the Leaf was able to disperse the mist and thus the mistlurkers without needing to use violent means.

3 Likes

After some rest in Halfhill and meeting up with an elderly landowner in the Valley, the Leaf has headed to Krasarang to prepare traps for a suspected naga scouting party. Will the information they have been given prove to be true? Find out next time!

5 Likes

The Leaf finds themselves in an unusual political situation.

Attempting to secure influence with a mountain village, they found that the village fully supported Shuang’s father, Wei Lian, the master of a branch of the White Tiger clan. The Leaf has clashed with the clan in the past, and while there is formally a pact in place things are still tense.

As a result of this the village rejected the Leaf. Concerned that more villages may make the same decision, Shuang agreed to her father’s demand to take up his family name once more, and after some brutal trials against Wei Lian’s warriors the deal was set in stone.

Diplomacy triumphed, but at a cost - concerns rise that Wei Lian may now attempt to assert influence over the Leaf.

4 Likes

“Will the information they have been given prove to be true? Find out next time!” (It was true.)

Here’s some screenshots from our Kun-Lai storyline, with the Leaf facing two of the clan’s warriors.

3 Likes

I might be interested in joining you on Qufu here, if you currently are open to new members.

Love your guild concept, but have been wary to make the move because of your view on the Shado-pan, which would somewhat go against Qufu’s believes.

But since I guess it is not actually really crucial to my character concept with him, and I guess he could sway some in his view on the matter, and I at the same time really long to get him into a Pandaren themed guild again, and, as said, love your guild concept, I strongly consider him applying for becoming a part of The Fallen Leaf.

Will give you a whisper about it soon in game.

Otherwise I really appreciate that you have created an amazing opportunity for quality Pandaren themed RP to happen on our server, and that you do a great job to continue to be able to do that, Argent Dawn really could use more of that.

PS: The guild Qufu is currently in lay dormant, and with no signs of reviving, so it would be no issue for me to leave it and join yours.

3 Likes

While the Leaf might have had a more radical stance towards the Shado-Pan once upon a time, they have been working together since the Legion invasion, and Shuang considers maintaining their relations important at this point.

I’ll be online again in a few hours!

3 Likes

It’s always lovely to see more Neutral guilds around, especially guilds that’ve lasted as well as your wonderful bunch!

I deeply hope in the future the Melody and your own will have the chance to work together! Have a lovely day, all of you. :slight_smile::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you for having Qufu.

Looking forward to RP some more with you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seeking to improve relations with the locals, the Fallen Leaf took on the task of finding a Yeti who stopped accepting the village-offerings. He seemingly disappeared.

The group found the Yeti’s cave, and to their surprise there was azerite, two large crystals worth! This volatile material had to be removed before the wrong pair of eyes would take note of it.

Attempting to remove the azerite, they faced a threat they were not prepared to take.

Event pics

0 votes and 0 comments so far on Reddit

The Azerite-corrupted Yeti was a tough opponent. The group is licking its wounds, and heads for the Valley of the Four Winds.

5 Likes

The Leaf has been staying in the Jade Forest for the past week and some to take care of trouble at a graveyard where a troublesome necromancer had made his hole, and then aided the local jinyu in finding their lost!

The group also held a meeting last weekend, during which the order got its first Leafguard: Shinen Lightbreeze!

1 Like

The Leaf has been busy dealing with foreign bandits, which turned out to have links to piracy. After fending off an attempted bandit raid at Dawn’s Blossom, the Leaf chased down the criminals, and now make plans to journey across the sea and root out the source.

2 Likes

Now that the Leaf has finished with the Fireblossom Festival, they turn back to their usual work which this time takes place in the Vale itself where a certain merchant seems to be in need of their services.

Next week, however, something darker - perhaps even beyond their scope - awaits them…

An unprecedented call for aid came to the Fallen Leaf! The Shado-Pan requested the order’s help against a sudden surge of Mantid activity in Townlong Steppes.

The Leaf was tasked to investigate Dusklight Hollow, an outpost used by the Shado-Pan. Upon the Fallen Leaf’s arrival, they faced a decimated camp and what appears to be the lone surviving Shado-Pan confronted by a group of Mantid. A fight for his freedom ensued.

Two Mantid were taken prisoner. However, much to the surprise of the combatants it is revealed that these Mantid fought their fellow kin, and were in fact treating the survivor’s wounds. They claim to follow Ri’yak, leader of a renegade group that seeks to fight the empress of the Mantid! The Mantid’s words were hard to believe, especially when the scavenging of Azerite was mentioned.

The next day, Rensai’s Watchpost had to be defended against invading Mantid forces that sought to unbury the Azerite which was recovered and stowed away by the Shado-Pan. With the help of the Fallen Leaf, the defenses did not falter.

However, this seems to be just the beginning of a greater, swarming threat…

Event snaps

Day 1

Day 2

5 Likes

Ishnu’alah honoured pandaren. Are you by any chance still recruiting? If so, I might look into trying to squeeze my fur-. Pandaren monk into the mix!

1 Like

Still recruiting! Just throw us a whisper in game.

1 Like

Can’t say how glad I am to hear that! I’ll hit you up asap, probably on Monday or Tuesday! (Mistweaver incoming :snake::snake:)

1 Like

After a clash with a rogue mantid organisation, rebelling against their empress but seemingly corrupted by Sha remnants, the Leaf is looking to get some rest and recovery. The Sha strikes deep upon the mind, and there are no doubt fierce battles yet ahead on the other battlefields of the world.

2 Likes

Shortly after finishing their collaboration with the Shado-Pan to deal with the mantid, the Leaf received information about a potential moment to get back at a group (or several) of pirates that attacked Jade Forest a while ago. The group hesitantly headed to Kul Tiras to ensure the pirates wouldn’t bother Pandaria again, but were attacked by naga just before reaching Boralus’ safety.

During the attack, Shuang and Sindaru were injured gravely enough to keep them from leading the group for the time being, leaving the group to figure out matters for themselves until a temporary Jade Shield arrived to take over.

Tonight the group cooperates with the Kul Tiran military to make a decisive attack on the pirate stronghold.

3 Likes