Party level gap

Hi, hope y’all are enjoying you day.

I have a question about the level gap I see in parties (dungeons mostly) while leveling. With Blizzard’s XP buff I was able to get a few characters to 120, however I kept getting into instances where there was 30ish level gap between the players. I don’t have a problem with that, but I was wondering if there is a minimum level difference requirement in order to ding up through dungeons while in a party with someone who is at a lower level? Let’s say I’m currently lvl 80 and a friend is around lvl 50, would LFG let us queue up without any of us losing on XP?

I’ve tried digging up some info, but quickly found out that this is not an exact science so I decided to try my luck here. Does anyone have any more insight about this?

It doesn’t really work like that.

Ever since Legion content scales to the max level of the expansion. So classic dungeons scale to level 60, TBC/WotLK to 80, Cata/MoP to 90 and so on.

For most expansions that means about a maximum 10 level gap. Classic content however has a wide range for most of the dungeons. So Deadmines and Ragefire Chasm scale 15-60 so you could see a large gap in levels there.

As for partying with your friend there’s the party sync feature. When used it scales you down to the max level of the content appropriate to the lowest level member.

So in your case if a level 80 groups up with a level 50 it will scale the level 80 player to level 60, that includes disabling access to any abilities and talents learned after level 60 (including faster flying speeds). Your gear also scales down to accommodate. You will, however, be able to queue for classic dungeons.

When party sync is set you gain XP in a normal rate so you can still level up from lower level content.

1 Like

That was quite detailed, thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.