Pause function for m+?

Hello there!

Today I did a +20 TJS and it was going totally fine. Everyone did what they were supposed to, no one were angry or mean etc and coming up to second to last boss with about 6-7 minutes left on 3 chesting, pulling the trash our tank DC’d. We sat there for about 5 mins before people left but I was thinking meanwhile, “Okay so the timer keeps dropping. A pause function would be awesome here”.

Pretty much as let’s say CSGO has, a pause function. Has this ever been up to discussion? I’d love such a function :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Who would have control of the pause?

Keyholder, group leader or maybe a 3/5 vote? Why is this important lmao? Are you afraid of people abusing it to intentionally deplete someones key or smth? People can already do that just by leaving the m+ group.

Would be nice but i think the work to effect ratio would be too small for this functionality. There are more important problems in the game currently they have take care of first imo.

The pause function would actually be quite complicated to implement. The most important thing is that you cant be allowed to recharge your cds during the pause, or even move around in the dungeon since that would be abused heavily in high m+ in dungeons like azure vault, TJS.

Also since m+ can be considered speedrunning, adding a pause function would kind of remove the whole aspect of mental stress. Some think that you should not be able to take 5 in a speedrun, that you should be constantly stressed throughout the key.

Not to deplete the key, no. But it would certainly be abused to waste people’s time to keep them waiting around.

But the reason it won’t happen because the entire point of M+ is that it’s against a timer. Being able to pause the timer to discuss tactics (or whatever) would defeat the entire object.

I get what you mean, but how it works in CS is basically 4/5 (or 3/4 if someone DC) can do the pause. The pause is max 1 minute per pause with 2 extends, in total of 3 minutes pause. CDs will be paused, time will be paused and you can’t pause mid pull etc.

about the mental stress thing, yeah that could be a reason I guess but still, It’s worse having to deplete a key cause of a DC while someone is trying to get back :slight_smile:

@Tyssera
Only way you would be able to use the pause function would be if someone actually dcs. 3/4 needs to vote if someone dcs for the pause to go through.

Nah not needed tbh, then i would rather have a 1 time a week safe my keylevel function. A pause function contradicts where m+ was designed for tbh aka speed running. Well speed is a big word.

I think this is a better idea too. Once per week you get a redo on any key without it depleting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.