Pc freezing when i run wow

So yeah the title pretty much says it all, this started this weekend . On sunday randomly i start wow and the pc freezes forcing me to do a manual reset. Then on tuesday it happened 3 times in a row and again today. It freezes a couple of times then it lets me play normally . This happens ONLY with world of warcraft hasnt happened with any other games or any other activities i do watch series/browse the net etc etc It happens ONLY with wow. The only thing i did this weekend was update my gpu driver, at first thats what i thought it was and i reinstalled it, it kept happening so i updated windows and whatever update was avaiable on my computer. This is still happening and i dont know what to do . Please help i have no idea what to do.

I Have scanned and repaired wow aswell but it didnt fix it. Also tried running in directx 11 but the game was clunky and i went back to 12

When this happent (Complete comp freeze within 5-15 min of starting either classic or retail) for me i had to put in new cooling system for my comp.

But this issue was not Only-WoW.

The comp just overheated when it used too much CPU and froze.

I did a lot of testing, even re-installing windows, Before i realised it was the cooling system tho

Mine started to freeze a while back. Turned out to be only 4gb of my memory was being used. Switched things around and it was fine. Have you checked the usage?.

It was only at 2.5gb so i dont think thats the issue, at some point thought that the computer might be overheating but the temprature running was at 74 c so that wasnt the case either .

Yeah, that’s what i thought as well.

My thought process was a lot of “How can classic wow overheat my comp?, How is this even possible”

But WoW just did something to the comp so it always froze.

Your computer doesn’t want to play Shadowlands.

I have been playing fine the past 4 months this has started only since sunday.

well i hope theres a fix to this

and i had been playing fine for many years, Then one day… it just started.

Like lightning from clear sky.

Just keep it in mind :slight_smile:

It gently reminds you that you better finish your work before playing WoW :smiley:

I dont work i am in lockdown :frowning:

This was my thread over on MMO-champ when i had the issue.

If you wanna read through it

Tho i had already tried a lot of things before i even made that thread.

Was a bit of a last ditch effort thing

Whats really weird is that this happened with classic but honestly i think this is an issue with WoW and not my pc cause it happens only when i run it

1 Like

Not gonna say we have the exactly same issue, But your thought process reminds me a lot of how i was.

Just don’t wait and have the “It will go away by itself” mentality :smiley:

This problem did not go away… I struggled a lot lol.

I remeber there was a small update patch with wow the other day maybe that has to do something with this?

I was having very weird computer freezes that went for a while until I switched off the alpha/beta version of the battlenet client and then they were gone. Nothing since. May also be something in settings I think I changed my Directx settings as well, computer wasn’t overheating since I even reapplied new thermal paste and all to make sure the temp never went ‘too high’ even for a second.

Try rolling your drivers back one?

What this about the client though i dont understand it?
I have had the new launcher for 3 weeks now if i am not mistaken nearly a week before blizzcon but didnt have any issues untill the past few days

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. Tho it was with every game, not just wow.

Cleaning the rig from dust (It had gathered some) and increasing the GPU fans did the trick for me.

Is it Nvidia? I heard there was a buggy update for Nvidia so I never did that update, why with only WoW I don’t know, but maybe take back to the previous GPU driver.

I could try cleaning it tommorow aswell i guess but its not that dirty cause i cleaned it 2 months ago( dont think thats alot of time)

Also something else i tried now was to put the monitor hdmi on the graphics card to the other port. I guess we will see if there is any other issue.

Also something very important to add which i should have mentined is that this freeze happens within 30 seconds of logging in.