Pc keeps crashing while playing classic

Alright i created a thread about this earlier but i cant write anymore in that thread because someone else has to write something first and Im so desperate for help I figured ill just make a new one.

PLEASE READ THE OLD THREAD FOR INFO, I HAVE SYSTEM FILES ETC POSTED

Did you actually try the stuff suggested?

I take it you used the manufacturers website to update the drivers not that horrible windows update.

The first obvious thing is make sure you run WoW as an admin, I don’t mean the launcher but the WoW.exe.

Tried everything suggested in the thread by the blue posts. Every driver is up to date. I guess i will try the launch as admin when i get the chance too, but the problem is the crashes are so inconsistent so its really hard to try stuff cuz sometimes it might not happen for a couple of days etc…

Heya Imisstbc,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been seeing PC restarts while you are playing. Restarts like this, indicate hardware issues.

Thanks to the system files which you submitted in your previous thread, I also saw that you were experiencing bluescreens of Death. Specifically, the error you had which was a 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

This error means that a piece of hardware got into a bad state. Overheating is one of the most common causes but it’s good to hear you managed to rule this out. Given the hardware, I suspect that this may be happening as a result of overclocking (even at a factory level).

For your case, I’d suggest enabling debug mode for your GPU:

If the issue persists at this point we will want to test Nvidia’s debug mode:

• Right click your Desktop
  • Click Nvidia Control panel
  • Click help
  • Select Debug mode

This will set your GPU to run without any form of overclocking at Nvidia’s defaults. Restarts are most common with GPU related issues so I hope that this change helps out here.

If the crashes do continue, you should reach out to the system manufacturer (if pre-built) or a local technician/tech savvy friend to help look into other possible changes you can make.

I understand it’s not a lot of information but I hope it gets you on the right path.

1 Like

Memory is other potential cause, as I assume you are using either the supplied XMP profiles for them or otherwise have set faster settings for RAM.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with the same error code and it was caused by my cpu and graphics card over-heating on an older machine (dust buildup). The symptoms were that it would work fine doing normal tasks such as browsing, writing letters, etc. When gaming it would crash after 30 mins to 1 hour and then would not respond correctly until it it had been left off for at least 15 mins.
Your machine is new and sometimes the sticker is accidentally left on the CPU or
bottom of the fan or the fan is not securely in place. Removing the fan, checking for stickers and applying a good thermal paste can help.
To troubleshoot specific parts look for some articles\videos about running stress tests and test the CPU and watch the temperatures and see how hot it reaches and compare it to tolerances for that part. Make sure that you test the video card, ram and hard-disk.
And check the ventilation around your machine is adequate.
Good luck

My bet would be RAM also.